Well they are very amusing...and cute...and beautiful.
Our male gelding, Catlinite, makes me laugh every day. He's such a character, full of personality.
Lately Ive been working with him and his sister, Cataleya, training them to wear a pack, so we can take them hiking on trails here in the mountains. Llamas are super smart and figure things out usually quite quickly, so the training is going well.
But our llamas' expressions and body language during this process is not only interesting, but also hilarious.
Mostly, it's their ears that communicate. My daughter calls llama ears "Big Banana Ears"
"Hi there. I'm ready. What is it you want?"

"Hummmm. You want me to do...what? I'm not so sure about that"

"What the heck is that?! And why am I wearing this thing again?"

"This is just weird. I'm just letting you know that I'm not all that happy about this thing on my back"
6 comments :
Too funny. Makes me want one even more.
I had no idea their ears were so expressive. I love when ears are an easy indicator of mood, like horses. Must have been God's way of letting us understand them, since we'd be working so closely with them?
Oh, your llama are beautiful! Thanks for the close-ups of their gorgeous faces, banana ears and all. I'd love to hug one!
Love the one with the ears straight out! I don't know much about llamas and a bit intimidated by them...I wonder though if they might be a good fit when we get some livestock "some day"...I'll keep living vicariously through llama owners like yourself for now :)
That third photo reminds me from that old tv show, My Favorite Martian. When the maritians antennae would slowly go up, oops did I just date myself here.
Those ears sticking straight out are hilarious! Definitely reminiscent of a martian. For some bizarre reason, the side view at the bottom reminds me of Abraham Lincoln.
Post a Comment