Friday, June 13, 2008

Of Llamas & Goats

When you spend lots of time in close proximity to your animals, you notice crazy things sometimes.

Case in point, the affection that is obviously felt between our female llama, Cataleya and our female angora goat, Luna. Some would say that it's just a mutual relationship or something related to being symbiotic. Nah. I think they just like each other.

See for yourself:

Cataleya & Luna


6 comments :

Kathryn and Ari said...

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting our blog and leaving the great story of the bird nest in the shoe: that's one enterprising bird!

Growing up, I worked at stables to pay for my riding lessons. The most high-strung of all the horses traveled to shows with their own personal goats, who had a tremendously calming effect on them. There was one horse in particular that was so in love with her goat she never really recovered when that goat died. I love these interspecies friendships!

Pony Girl said...

Oh that is too cute!! ;)
I am getting to know my sister's goats more and more and am really started to like them, and feel more comfortable with the one's with horns.
You asked on my site if My Boy goes through water. Well yes and no. He hates mud puddles on the trails and will try to pick the least wet way through (or around them.) He's better than he used to be, he took his previous owner into the stickers or bushes to avoid them, I will not tolerate that! :) He goes through the creek fairly well, though, usually stops and smells it and needs some encouragement, but then goes right in. Sometimes, if the light is reflecting on a puddle, he will want to avoid it. For example, in the arena once I could not get him to lunge through one of our huge puddles no matter what I did. I think the light was reflecting on it and making it look like a hole or something.

Seldom Seen said...

I didn't even realize that blogger had a quota on photos.
I just hope I get my camera back soon so I can start posting more pics.

Anonymous said...

Cute moment to catch!

Jubie said...

Those pictures are hilarious! I'm glad that C & L are getting along so well! How lovely is that?

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Kathryn and Ari,

Thanks for stopping by and sharing the stories about your earlier horsemanship days and about the goat pals. That's really cool!

Hey Pony Girl,
Thanks for explaining about My Boy's tolerance for water and mud.
I'm really impressed since many horses are afraid of walking through water. Go My Boy!

Hi Seldome Seen Acres,
I know! Wah! And I hope you get your camera working soon, too.

Thanks Sea2Shore, I know! haha I get so frustrated when I don't have my camera and miss capturing moments like that.

Hi Jubie,
Thanks for stopping by and leaving such an nice comment. Love your blog, too!