So this leads me to ask you all a huge favor. If any of you are the praying kind or even just believe in 'The Secret' and positive thinking and vibes, could you please keep my friends Michelle and her handsome cowboy, Max, in your thoughts tomorrow?
I've been following their blog Galloping Grace Youth Ranch for about a year. They not only offer generous and amazing therapeutic opportunities for children, using horses, but they also call New Mexico home, too. Max and Michelle Wade give generously of their time and make such a huge difference in many people's lives.
Over the past few months Max has been having a rough time with his health, though, and tomorrow (Monday), in Albuquerque, he is scheduled for a Heart Bypass Surgery to correct a life threatening anurysm.
If you all could pray, think positive thoughts and send healing vibes that would be great. And if you feel called to give a little 'bloggy love' like you've so generously done for me, please stop by their blog Galloping Grace Youth Ranch.
Thank you more than I can than ever say!!!!
Now, I hope I won't bore you to much, but my horse-loving pal, Gail~At The Farm shared a little tour of her bedroom and home a couple weeks ago, and invited me to do the same.
So, seeing as I'm spending 24 hours of my day in my bedroom now, I thought this would be the perfect time to take some photos and give y'all a tour.
Just try to overlook the clutter, ok? Between not being able to clean at all, and basically living in my bedroom, the place is a bit 'o chaos. lol!
Javalina, our Manx kitty seems to enjoy me providing her a warm comfy place to curl up on, but she is sometimes a little disturbed by some of the photos and videos shared on the blogs I read, especially those that involve panting dogs and cats flushing toilets. As for me, I can't imagine life without my laptop, as I can't sit up for very long without pain. My laptop is my open window into the world. Being able to travel freely and quickly, all over the world, to visit all my blog buddies, is such a blessing right now.

Javalina can't figure out why the crutches have invaded her space. (By the way, the crutches are killing my pits. I'm using some old socks as padding, but if anyone has any tips to soften up the crutches my pits would be grateful).

This is my view from bed looking out through the door. From that celestory window in the living room, I can sometimes see my neighbor friend, Val's (Fantasyk Voyager)3 horses out in their arena.

And this is the view, from my bedroom door, looking out through the sliding glass doors, onto the bedroom balcony.

You're looking at my dresser and TV...and Javalina taking a little lick bath.

And this is my bed, where you'll find me 23 hours of every day. (That last hour is spent slowly hobbling from the bed to the potty and back again several times a day) In that large basket is my knitting supplies and yarn.

This is the photo above my bed. My wedding photo. Hmmm, if hubby gets me the camera I've been wishing for we'll be celebrating our 19th anniversary in May 2009.

This is the view from my bed looking out that same sliding glass door, onto the master bedroom balcony. I have a serious love of windows. Bringing the outside in, and being able to see outside nature, trees and sky is so important for me. As an 'Outside-loving Gal', letting the sun into my house all day long is critical to my winter survival skills, too. From this window/door I can sometimes see one of my other neighbor's two geldings, out in the pasture, on the ridge that he leases.

Now you're looking into my bathroom. See, I didn't even clean up for you. Sheesh. What a mess. Tomorrow, after my Dad and stepmom leave, I'm having my hubby bring my coffee maker up here, then it will be even more cluttered. lol!

And now you're looking back at my bedroom from the master bathroom.

This is the view out the window over my bathtub. When I take a bath, I have a beautiful view of South Mountain. I won't be taking a bath for a while, though. I don't think I'd be able to pull myself out of that deep tub.

And this is my shower. Big News! I took my first shower today since my fall. I had to use the metal chair, and the experience about wiped me out. But it felt good to wash my hair and finally shave my legs. lol!

This is the view out of the window beside the shower. Sometimes I find myself sitting on the side of the bathtub and just wistfully watching all my critters. Gosh I miss hanging out in the barn with them. Has it really only been 4 days now?

I spied my Dad visiting with my horse, llamas, goats and sheep today. I sure wish I could have been out there instead.

Do you see Baby Doll giving me 'The Butt' in this last photo below? I wonder what she thinks happened to me. I've never went longer than 2 days before seeing my mare. John says she seems a bit grouchy, but that could be her hormones. I sure hope so. She is pretty spoiled in that we had a regular grooming routine every evening while she ate her hay. I feel really bad that I never taught John how to groom our horse or even to pick her feet. I'm so worried about my silly painted girl and just want to get better fast so I can have my barn routine back again. I miss that more than anything right now.
The End.

Well, I hope you enjoyed my Boudoir Tour. If you're ever in New Mexico, consider this an open invitation to visit,

38 comments :
Hang in there Lisa, its better to take a little longer and heal properly than to rush things and have issues later.
As for the crutches, bad news for you. You're not really supposed to be resting your armpits on them too much. :(
I was on crutches last year and was told how to use them properly. What I discovered is I didn't have enough upper body strength to do it very well.
Thanks for the tour!!! Your spirits sound up and that's good. All will be well.
I went over to The Wades...what nice folks...lost of prayers going out to them and you.
Hugs,
Karen
Loved the tour. Maybe your DH could rent a cherry picker and a wheelchair to get you from the balcony to your animals for a visit.
Your bedroom looks like a pretty nice place to stay. I love the balcony windows, and the view of the mountain out the bathroom. Someday I will have a home with a view of a mountain! That's the dream anyway :-) Hang in there!
Now go show the kitty that 'cat flushing toilets' video again!
Hi there!
I am glad you are sounding more upbeat, thanks for the tour, it was great! I am jealous of your french doors and balcony - Have always wanted hubby to do that with our place - he says that too much heat is lost with glass doors (pout)?! Anyways looks like a pretty nice place to be trapped in for a bit.
CDN is right about the crutches - when i sprained both my ankles coming off the before mentioned rotten gelding (a different time after the shoulder incident, told ya, I have experience in these matters) - I finally just switched to the kind that cup your arms and that you have a hand grip on below - cause the crutches hurt my arm pit too.
Love your kitty!
Oh Lisa I just got caught up on you. I am so sorry you are bed bound and that you didn't get the camera you wanted. I know it seems dreary now but betters days will be here soon. My prayers are with you as well as Max. Bless you.
Tears of gratitude! Thanks so much for your well wishes and prayer request. We appreciate it so very much! :)
Your Boudoir (I love that word!) is very nice. I know, I've seen it!!
I love how you have views from all sides and how it stays nice and cozy up there.
What a beautiful wedding photo! That is a gorgeous wedding dress! How many bridesmaids did you have to carry the train?
It's just too bad you can't get up and down the stairs. I always wanted to live in a house with stairs- never have, although I've lived in second floor apartments. You must be feeling very isolated sometimes. Never fear, I will come and visit and together we'll drive Ranchman John crazy! We'll have to do a video night soon.
I will be sending healing energy (Reiki) to the Wades as you request. I noticed your touch of humor when you wrote about your wedding photo and possible 19th anniversary coming up in May. I am glad your spirit is still passionate and fiery. Use that fire to take care of yourself.
The metal chair in the shower shot brought back memories. The worst part of any recovery is re-learning how to groom yourself with your injury, but that first shower does feel so good. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you and your friends.
Thanks for the tour! I think it's great that you have so much light and so many windows, imagine how awful it would be with just a small window or two.
You'll be up and about in no time and back with your critters. Baby Doll will be just fine too. Take it easy and don't overdo. Feel better soon.
Lisa,
I cried when I read your Christmas stoy. I feel so bad for you. If I was rich I would buy you a camera! I would buy me one too cause the one I got for Christmas was a surprise and when you take a lot of pictures what you don't want is for someone to surprise you with a camera that you didn't pick out.
I live with my mother-in-law so I know exactly how you feel about that. She is moving soon....it was supposed to be last spring.(big sigh)
I will be checking in most every day on your blog, waiting for you to get better. I would go insane with worry if I couldn't check my critters every day. When we are gone all day I usually go out with a flashlight to make sure they are ok. I so feel your pain!
Sending you prayers,
Beth
I LOVED your house tour! And, I LOVE your balcony! I'm a windows/outdoor person, too. Right now, however, one window is covered up (it's the only single pane one we still have) because the cold air comes right through it, but in the spring and fall, I always open up all the windows to look outside! HA! I'd really have to clean my house before I did a tour!!!
Prayers headed out for Cowboy Max, his surgeons and his whole family.
Your bedroom is great. Windows are a must when you're stuck there.
As for the crutches--they shouldn't be resting in your armpits when you move about with them. All your weight should be in your arms, wrists and shoulders. I would only use my armpits when I would stop somewhere to rest. If you use them properly, you won't get a sore back and shoulders. Also, going down steps with them in your armpits is asking for a disaster.
Maybe Val can come over and teach John how to pick BD's feet?
I'm glad you're feeling a bit better, and you're dad and step monster are leaving tomorrow. Hooray for the coffee maker idea!!
Take care and (((hugs))))
I'm glad you're feeling better! If you have to be trapped, your bedroom seems a lovely place to be. I think it's great that you don't have to curtain your windows and can just look out at that beautiful view.
That photo of the llama and the little goats is so cute!
I'm adding my prayers for the Wades:)
I'm glad you seem to be feeling better. The views from your bedroom are amazing! I love the balcony. I hope it will get warm enough for you to stumble out there and sit for awhile.
It's been a long, long time since I was on crutches, but what I recall from that time:
~ Pad the yokes with a towel. Socks aren't enough.
~ Adust the yokes so that they're NOT high enough for you to rest on them whilst walking. They should come above your elbow, but well below your armpit. Ideally, they should press against your rib-cage when you're moving, not your pits.
~ Wear clothing that will pad your ribs against the friction of the crutches, or you'll develop a nice friction rash on your ribs (or elsewhere).
Grit your teeth against the frustration - I know it's a pain to be limited in your mobility, but you need to recover fully, or you risk re-injury, and maybe more serious harm.
Hang tough!
I will be sending my thoughts,positive vibes and prayers to the Wades....and also more to you for a quick healing!
Your tour was lovely. So you will celebrate 19 years soon...hubby and I just celebrated 19 years back in Sept. Can't figure out where the years have gone!!
Wish I could see your wedding dress better as it looks very similar to mine....I'm not kidding, when I saw your photo, I was like...."wow, that dress looks very familiar." Maybe they are just close it looks.
what a lovely space. i am so sorry to hear you are laid up, and i'll surely be sending my most positive thoughts to both you and your dear friends. get well soon :-)
What lovely views you have!
Keep up the good vibes and spirits and you will back in the pasture before too long!
Coffee Pot within reach is an absolute must I have I definitly agree!
Chin up girl !
It's so good to hear you smiling! Thanks for the tour...you're queen of the upstairs! What awesome views and comfy and warm interiors...lovely, Lisa :) You're in our prayers and so will your friend be.
Michelle and Max are wonderful folks. I have never met them but they are so sweet. I have been thinking a lot about them here recently. I have been keeping them in my prayers.
And what a great tour! It's always fun to see where people hang out. My bedroom is in laundry shambles. Actually, right now I should be doing some laundry and not sitting here, but oh well. I am a slacker housewife.
When do you get to go and see about your knee? I really hope it's not your ACL, because that really is not any fun at all. I will keep all my fingers and toes crossed for you!!
Lisa, I will keep you in my prayers and hope that very soon you are up and about. Love the pictures of your bedroom.
Linda M
Well Lisa, you sure have a comfy place to be in since you cant be outdoors! Love the tour! Love that you let us in your home, and trust me if I'm ever your way, I'll be popping in!
I couldnt help but laugh...hope you DO make it to your 19th anniversary! LOL YOU MUST keep up your humor right now!
I hope that Javalina was watching the cat flushing video when you took this, sure would help you out if she took care of her own mess! At least you have a beautiful kitty to snuggle with right now! I'm sure she is taking good care of her mommy!...about your paint...sure wish I was there to step in, i know she misses you..you know how sensitive they are...lets hope she doesnt mourn too much for you!! Chin up...Oh and MANY prayers for the Wades.....tell them Kentucky is praying hard!!!!!
-Rachel
Oh and since you have time on your hands I tagged you on my blog, stop over and take a look!
Lisa-
You ar a true bloggy friend for caring about your fellow bloggers in their time of need (especially because you are not doing so well yourself right now!!)
I will send good vibrations (lol!!) and positive thoughts their way! :)
Thanks for the boudoir tour! I love your house. Hope that you are feeling somewhat better today? You sound better today! Have the extended family left yet?? That will do a lot to brighten your life!
Has the hubby apologized for his insensitivity yet???
Lisa, we just got home last night and I have an awful head cold/sinus infection. I had to go back three posts to figure out what happened and it was what I feared.
You know about Betty's accident a little over a year ago. I have had a fall with Morgunn when he stepped into a soft piece of ground. He rolled down onto his right shoulder and side with my leg underneath him. If the ground had been harder I'm sure my leg would have been broken.
I know you're going to be disappointed that you can't ride BD for a long time, but whatever you do, don't rush your healing and, more importantly, don't rush your rehab. You do every last exercise those mean physical therapists give you to do. They're actually great folks.
The biggest problem will not be in your knee, but in your head. Don't dwell on what happened and what BD did or didn't do and what you did or didn't do.
It's past and it happens to almost every horse person in the world at some time. BD is a living, breathing entity with her own feelings and fears. If you're realistic about your riding in the future you'll find it can be even better.
Warmest regards,
Dan
You don't have to post this - I just know you read your comments so you'll see this. Wanted to mention I sent you an email the other day, not sure how often you check it so I thought I should mention it. :)
Oh Lisa, I have only just had the chance to catch up with your blog. I didn't read much while I was away, and then it was 2 days travel to get home. I am so, so sad for you and can't imagine the irritation of being stuck in bed for the holidays, and not even being able to ride. How dreadful. And then to read about your friend Max also. What a rotten way to end off the year. I will be sending you and Max beams of healing white light and happiness.
But if I might make one teeny, tiny suggestion....this is the PERFECT time for you to take up needle felting. In fact, you could even needle felt a horse! (wink!)
Oh, you poor girl!!!! Thank God for power and computers. And you have everything you need. Maybe your horse can come upstairs to see you(kidding).
I do have an idea for the crutches...maxi pads!
Love your room! Beautiful views...at least you can see enough to encourage you to get better quicker.
Remember, in this weather, do not drool on the window while missing the outside, you make stick!
Get well soon!
Isn't it amazing how good a shower can make you feel? Hang in there Lisa, you're doing great! I love the view from your window. Those very warm and glowing lights on the balcony are perfect. I also like the ladder touch, how very southwest!
Javalina looks like a soft bedmate. I bet she's nice to cuddle and how sweet of her to keep you company.
Keep your chin up kid. You're not alone!
Thanks for the tour and stories - I've been thinking about you the past couple days. It's making me very thankful for my own mobility right now.
Also, I'm very jealous of your pretty, companionable cat. I want one! My husband really does not want a cat (or a dog) so I'm hoping the neighbors at our new home will have cats, and one of them will come over and "adopt" me: ) That would be awesome.
I've put you in my prayers, please keep in touch.
~lytha in -2.5C germany
Logan wanted to come over and listen to Chickens again, but it is gone. Who does it? I want to try to find it.
Christy, 'Chickens' is still on my PlayList. I just clicked on it and it played. Try it. It' sung by Tom Burton.
CDN Cowgirl, Stephanie, CeeCee and Masked Man,
Thank you all for the great advice regarding the crutches. You were all right. The crutches were set to high. I had told the ER that I was almosgt 6' tall, but I'm really closer to 5'll. Since reading all your helpful comments, we've moved the peg up a notch to 5'11 and this is making a huge difference in my comfort level. I may even set it up to 5'11 an see if that is even better, though I do rest my pits for a few seconds while I'm waiting for my coffee or something. So I guess I don't want it too low.
I've also added washclothes to the crutches, too and that's nice padding, too. Gail...I'm not quite ready for all the stares and comments from using maxi pads, though. lol! You're a nut.
oops. I meant 5'10.
Between the pain pills and my sticky keyboard, caused from spilled soda a year ago, you just never know what you're gonna see me type. lol!
As I'm writing this, I'm praying for your friend's surgery and recovery. Hope you get better quickly.
Oh No! I have just caught up on your blog. My poor friend I feel terrible for you, your banged up knee, not been able to give your family all that was in your heart for christmas and been stuck in your bedroom....by the way looks great. It is great though that you can get it all off your chest even though it is on your blog to your blogging buddies.
My thoughts and prayers are for you and a quick recovery and also for Max and his Heart Bypass.
Sue
Loved the tour, you have a lovely house! Love the scenery from your windows.
Post a Comment