
(With all the snow everyone seems to be getting, I figured a little bit of sunshine and warmth was in order. Photo, of a sunflower on our ranch, taken by me last summer.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bright sunshine on a winter’s day,
dispensed by kindly providence.
Softened the sombre shades of grey
with subtle hints and shades of gold
Our winter weary eyes behold.
Bright sunshine on a winter’s day
still offers us the surety.
That winter is not permanent
in course of time it must relent.
Bright sunshine on a winter’s day
Can send the spirits soaring high
to meet the brightness in the sky.
-from Tonic by Ivor E. Hogg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Looks like it's going to be a White Christmas here. We already have 6" of snow on the ground and are expecting another 6-10" by Christmas morning. How's the weather in your corner of the world?
Merry Christmas and many happy, warm thoughts being sent your way!

25 comments :
We had snow but it is all rained off now. But just a couple hours north of us they had a huge snow storm. I hear more is to come for Christmas day. I love your sunflower. It makes me feel all warm and cozy.
We are expecting snow today and tomorrow too. A white Christmas. Merry Christmas to you!
I needed that sunshine!
Ice, now rain here.
Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas to you and yours. Have a great holiday!
That's funny, YOU (in the SW) have more snow than WE do (in the NE). I about fell over when I saw that sunflower, I was like don't even tell me you just took that!! lol
We are getting rain today, and the ice is finally melting, so that was fun. Like getting an ice cube wet, know how slippery that is? lol We are supposed to get a dusting of snow tonight though, which will make a perfect white Christmas. Enjoy yours!
I love that golden sunflower on this bleak day, and the poem too!
Your contest was great fun. I didn't enter as I did miss a day or two of commenting on the right day..still had fun and congrats to your winner(s)!
Hope you and your family have a Bright and Merry Christmas~
The snow just flat-out skipped Albuquerque. We may have some for Christmas day, but will miss the white silence of Christmas Eve. Have a wonderful holiday.
Love it.
Thanks for the heads-up on the broken links on THE MANE POINT.
I have fixed them all. 8-)
I see you follow lots of horsey blogs. Would love to have you along with The Mane Point!
Merry Christmas.
Linda
THE MANE POINT – a haven for horse lovers
I LOVE the sunflower! Yes, we all need some sunshine right now! Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas, Lisa.
We are getting a record snowfall this year. The last time we had this much snow was in the 1960's and we've already broken that record, with more predicted by the 26th. All I can see outside my window is white.
Needless to say, I'm taking another snowday from work. Bear and Bunny are quite delighted to have me around and are taking full advantage of all the opportunities to snuggle.
Carolynn
What a beautiful sunflower! It surely brightened my day...=)
It started snowing here after I got to work.....which means I will have to drive home on slick roads.....ack! They are predicting a doozy of a storm for us later in the day and through the night, so we shall see.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Merry Christmas to you and your family, Lisa!!!! I am blessed to have found you, my friend.
We still have snow, and I have to admit that it is kind of cool. :)
In fact, it is snowing right now!
The temp was 11 degrees when we went to bed...20 when we got up...love that! Snow today and tonight...snow all week...definitely a white Christmas!
Merry Christmas Eve~~
Merry Christmas, Lisa. Here in WI it is still snowing (has been for a week know). The picture of the sunflower was a ray of hope that someday all this white stuff will melt.
Merry Christmas Lisa, to you and your family.
I always enjoy your posts, visits and comments so much.
I can't imagine a snowy Christmas, I've never had one here in Georgia.
Stay warm, I bet the snow is beautiful(and cold).
We had lows in the 20's earlier this week, but right now we are at 70 degrees and suppose to be 75 degrees tomorrow.
Have a wonderful holiday.
Pam
Sweet Lisa, that is a nice warming picture, indeed~
Lovely Christmas wishes I send, to you and your family...and all the animals of your farm.
White Christmas to all of us this time! Can't wait to se you beatiful pics!
XO KacyK
w/ Washashe mare, Elsie cat, and Husband Bruce~
Such a beautiful picture Lisa..
And the poem as well. I hope you have a great Holiday. May it be safe, fun, and full of love.
I've changed my blog address, if you have trouble finding me.
www.livingmylifeinanutshell.blogspot.com
I love sunflowers, they just seem so cheerful!
Its still cold here, but more normal than the last few weeks so it seems almost warm! lol
Got your note on my Christmas story post and it cracked me up... I think I would have been in the same daydream you were in.
Have a great Christmas :)
We are going to have a gray Christmas (it is supposed to rain). We were hoping to have a Christmas bonfire, we have some corn stalks to burn, but it looks like it may be a News Year bonfire instead.
Thanks Lisa for the sunflower. I really need it this week. We are having the storm of the century here. We never get snow like this in the Pacific Northwest and are very unprepared for it. My husband works for the county and has been on a snowplow for about 10 days and is working 12 hrs Christmas Day to get the roads clear.
All I was wishing for was a few snow days off school and look what I got:) Yikes.
Just stopped by to day hi.
And send a big hug.
Merry Christmas.
Have a very Merry Christmas! :D
Hi Lisa, Merry Christmas to you and your human and animal family!! It's still snowing here...we're pushing 4 feet...unheard of....I hate to say that I think I'm ready for the rain and mud to be back!! It's definitely more beautiful to look at....if only I could bring ALL my animals in the house with me!
Merry Christmas!!
We had 70 degree weather here with some drizzles but then the sun came out and it was beautiful. We spent the afternoon out on swimgs under an old oak tree. It was great talking to family and hearing old stories from when they were little.
I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas.
How is the weather in my part of the world? Where do I begin? We have a thick blanket of snow on the ground, last night the temperature dropped to 5 degrees so now everything is iced and today we are forecast to have freezing drizzle and fog, then high winds, then torrential rains with a rise in temperature to 44 degrees and flood warnings for our area!!!!!! What more can I say?
Post a Comment