Like they say, "It's been fun, but I'm glad that it's done"!
But first we must complete the last letter of the alphabet, the letter "Z"!
And how appropriate that this letter is for our German Shepherd, Zuni, whom Ranchman John bought for himself last Christmas. So, Zuni is officially one year old now. And whooeee, what an interesting year we've had with her.......
She came into our lives just a week before Christmas. My advice for you? Never adopt a puppy one week before Christmas. That's all I'm going to say about that. She sure was cute, though.
But she grew really fast! And she had very sharp puppy teeth and seemed to think that we humans were the perfect chew toys. Yowch! And she about drove me crazy when she kept forgetting that her potty is outside...not inside the house. gah! But she sure was cute.
Ranchman John took her to Obedience Training at Petsmart to teach her some manners and basic commands. It was pretty tough to sit and stay when she was surrounded by wonderful dog food smells. But she perservered.She sure was cute, wasn't she?
She totally mastered her sit and stay. But the running off and ignoring us has been a much bigger challenge. Jumping up on us is also a problem, too. But she sure is cute, isn't she?
She even graduated from her Obedience class with flying ribbons! Awww, so cute.
She is very different than our first GSD, Cory, but she does share her love of snow with her. Jeez that girl loves to romp in the snow! What a cutie, eh? 
Watch out! Cute is coming!
Now you must admit this is just durn cute, right? What is she looking for under there, ya think? 
Whatever it is, it must be very interesting. (Did you think I was going to say that she's cute? Fooled ya. lol!)

It's been an exhausting year with this puppy. We've wanted to throw in the towel a few times, too. But somehow this exasperating dog always softens our hearts and begs us to give her another chance............It's probably because she's just so cute.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks to all of you who've participated and followed along with my Alphabet Blog Challenge. I have read and enjoyed everyone's comment every day. Quite honestly they truly kept me going, too.
Now for your reward! Tomorrow I will create a post for everyone to leave comments on. I won't be approving any of the comments for 2 days, so that everyone participating in the Alphabet Challenge, has a chance to leave their comment.
What you want to leave in your comment is the list of all *26 Alphabet Subjects*, in order, please. I'll go back and check through the comments and check your lists. On Monday morning I'll draw a name, and that person will be the winner of the handmade hat and scarf set!
How exciting!!
Happy Holidays to all of you!

25 comments :
I can't believe it's over already. It seems like it was just started the other day!!
And Your Zuni is really cute. My father in law has a German Shephard and she is a handful. They had trouble with her running off too. They are hard headed dogs.
And puppies are a lot of work, A LOT, of work. I am glad you are giving us two days, because I am going to be gone tomorrow!! But I will try to check in when I get home!!
Zuni is a beautiful dog. We have always had German Sheperds, they are one of the smartest and greatest looking dogs and will protect you no matter what. We stopped having them as pets about 20 years ago because they seemed to all wind up with hip problems because the breeders were overbreeding them (I think). So we've had Goldens, Labs, Collies and Aussies since. But one of my favorites is still the German Sheperd. She's smart and she'll come around with more training.
I can see why you're glad to have finished this Alphabet blog, but it was nice while it lasted and interesting, good job.
AWWW, Zuni is ADORABLE as a puppy!
I love German Shepherds.
Z is for Zill, which are small cymbals attached to the fingers used to keep a beat during belly dancing...I know, weird...but I was looking up words and that's what I got...:D
Wow- I dont know how you did it Lisa, but it has been one heck of a ride here!
Zuni is a beautiful girl... but doesn't "cute" have a weight limit? LOL She looks to be over 80#!!
Have a great weekend out there!!! And MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!
I believe you have some of my music! Don't you love Native American flute?
Z is for the Zany contest I am having...check it out!
Congratulations!!26 posts in 26days you must be exhausted. It has been fun and educational and you are so talented and inspiring.....WOW
Zuni is gorgeous (sorry Cute) who would be without a puppy, I think they are worse than kids but soooo lovable.
I wish I could romp in the snow like that, I've never touched snow yet alone play in it.
Sue
Zuni is a beautiful GSD!
All puppies can be exasperating, but the rewards that they bring are worth it!!:)
The best way to get a dog to come to you when they are running the other way is for you to go in the opposite direction and encourage them to chase you! Big reward for catching you.:)(Treats, toy etc) This is usually easy with the herding group of breeds...they have a high prey drive.
Congrats on finishing your challenge!
What a Zany challenge this has been! I'll miss the daily posts. And yes, Zuni is a cutie!
Good for you Lisa. Keeping up with this for 26 days straight was too much for me but I have loved reading all your posts. Great job!
This alphabet challenge has been cute and interesting, like Zuni.
Congratulations on completing the Alphabet!!! That was a huge undertaking. I wish I'd gotten in on the first half...but I still enjoyed playing along.
Zuni is beautiful...what energy!
Z is for Zebra too ;~)
Zuni is a great looking dog. Those snow pics of her are fantastic.
I don't know how the heck you managed to post every day and to keep the post informative AND entertaining. You deserve a special award just for that. (if I knew who all these clever chicas make those awards I'd make one for you!)
Congrats on seeing it through to the end :)
"Z" - ZOO (my very fitting word for today... I'm sitting in the office at work which is just off the bar lol)
Congratulations Lisa!!!
Your Due your rest after this 26 day marathon. But I for one will miss it. It was a very fun time and we got to learn so much. I am glad that you ended it with Zuni. I had hoped that you would and you didn't let me down. Those are some fantastic photos of her playing in the snow.
Thank you so much for coming up with this alphabet challenge idea.
BTW- has anyone ever told you how cute Zuni is?
Great Job Lisa!!!
And the perfect subject to end your amazing alphabet challenge with. The photos of Zuni are just awe inspiring.
Thanks for all of the fun and learning. I can't wait for your next challenge.
Take a well deserved break... but not too long!!!
BTW- Has anyone ever told you just how cute Zuni is?
Beautiful is more like it. What a lovely dog.
I'm loving your wallpaper here, btw! So bright and festive!
Auni is a beautiful girl! (and cute too!) It was fun watching her grow up:)
We can no longer have dogs because of my allergies, and I really miss having one.
LOL, Lisa!!! I can tell that you love Zuni with all of your heart. but your frustration with her behavior clearly shines through!!
Some good friends of ours lost their old GSD and replaced her with a new GSD puppy last year too, and they have the EXACT SAME PROBLEMS!!! How funny (not funny if it is you I guess!!) is that???
Some of them (as with any breed) can be very headstrong and difficult to train. I always say that dog's like Zuni think that they are smarter than us, and that is why they don't listen...lol!!
Hope that you are having a great day! We still have snow and ice, and it is five degrees outside right now. Normally this time of year it is 45-50 and raining!!
PS-Give Zuni a pat on her big, ole', stubborn head for me, will ya???
I think I learned more from your blog in the past 26ish days than I learned my last year of college. You are the omniscient one, I swear. Zen. That's what you will feel now that there's no pressure to post everyday!! lol
I'm looking forward to this next LONG post with all the letters. ehhehe
Lisa,
Zuni is absolutely gorgeous! We have a shepherd too -- a white shepherd named Grace. Like my horse, she is a rescue, but she is a sweetheart and SO smart. If her experiences hadn't made her desperate to please, I'm sure we'd be frustrated with her independence, too.
I'll get some good pictures of her and post them on my blog in the next few days. Panama won't mind sharing blog space for a day, I'm sure! :o)
Beautiful Zuni!
Dogs are a lot of work! Lat year we got a rabbit one week before Christmas. This is more do-able than a puppy!
Another year my hub ripped all the cupboard and countertops out of the kitchen. Also easier that a puppy.
But she is magnificant!
your zuni looks so much like mine, it gave me shivers. especially that last one.
cute, no, gorgeous, your zuni.
~lytha
Zuni is adorable. The smart ones are always challenging, but investing time & energy up front, as you have done, to train her and teach her manners (not unlike a child...) pays off in spades in the long run.
BTW, you've done very well without a camera. :o)
Zuni in the snow is so darn cute!
I wish I had participated in the ABC's challenge cuz some days I just couldn't think of a good title, perhaps being forced to start it with a particular letter would have helped me!
Oh and I forgot to put my Z word in, Z is for Zoo!! That is what my house is like everyday!! A zoo!! LOL!!
Awww those are totally cute pictures of Zuni!!!
Aren't they such sweet pups? With their ears doing all kinds of funny things?
So Kaiser and Zuni are about 8 months apart...
We didn't get nearly enough puppy pics of Kaiser, which I regret - but I have more video to post soon of his latest adventures.
Love love love love your dog! She is so cute!
Post a Comment