Monday, January 19, 2009

Interviews, Awards, Puzzles, and Photos

Whew I've got alot to share and go over today.

First, Mischieveous Mikey over at The Horse Shoeing Housewife wouldn't let me get out of being interviewed by her and answering some very odd questions. Here's what she sent me via e-mail:
1. In the news story about your life, what would the headline say?
*"It's not a matter of IF it's a matter of WHEN"

2. Tell us about your most romantic moment.
*Sitting in a hottub in Red River, New Mexico, sipping hot buttered rum toddies, watching the skier's glide down the mountain holding lanterns, as the snowflakes drifted down upon me and my hubby.

3. What is the strangest thing you've ever seen?
*Blue Ball-Lightning. More amazing info here, too.

4. What's your favorite smell?
*The fresh scent of wet juniper and pinon trees after it rains.

5. What did you do in high school that was totally against the rules?
*Besides cutting class more times than I can count, I refused to stand in the crowded designated smoking area by the front door of the locker building (back when smoking was allowed in schools), and instead snuck out with a friend to some pretty fields behind the school. I was never a serious smoker, though, more of a 'peer pressure smoker', and only smoked in my teen years.

Quoted from Mikey, "and special FOR YOU (although I did ask this same question of KDW, cause it's so bizarre) the bonus question:"
6. Have you ever peed in public?
*Well sure. While camping, hiking and boating. But never IN FRONT of anyone. It wasn't like I sold tickets for my Pee Show, or anything. LOL!!

So, if you'd like to be interviewed by me, please leave a comment for me, saying 'Interview Me', and I'll send you a list of questions, created by me, for you to answer. I dare you!
hah!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now onto the awards.

Grammy at The Empty Nesters bestowed this award on her readers.This award is for those Bloggers who manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervade amongst different cultures and beliefs. The Blog contents inspire; strive to encourage and offer solutions. There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Cultures and Sciences and Beliefs. The Blog is refreshing and creative. The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.

And I believe that the following blogs meet all those stipulations:
Claire's Garden
The Road Not Taken
A Little Bit of Heaven
Little Egg Farm
Mountain Harvest Basket

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My dear friend, Melanie over at The Knutsons humored me a little and decided to surprise me with the lemonade stand award.
And then I was quite tickled to also be given this award from CTG Ponies, Callie at Midwest Horse and also Double Cat Batik. And here I was thinking that everyone thought I was just a big 'ol whiner. lol!
Thank you ladies!!

The award from CTG ponies is just a little bit different, so you all, that were picked to have this Lemonade award, can choose to pick up either one.

This award is for bloggers who show Great Attitude/Gratitude:
1. Post the picture
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which show Great Attitude and/or Gratitude.
3. Link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Link this post to the person from who you received your award.

And I choose:
Wilmoth Farms
Always there are the Horses
Farm Dreams
No this is Iowa
Horse Trail Riders
Wrensong Farm
Yellow Jacket Ridge Angoras
World of Ezra
Not Quite Home on the Range
Life on the Farm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This last wonderful award was give to me by my pal, Christy over at Farm Dreams. And I'd like to give it to these following blogs:
The Horseshoeing Housewife where there is never a dull moment and you can never visit without laughing right out loud. Oh and she's got a horse on her front porch and probably owns more dogs than the Dog Whisperer.

And School of Life with Horses who always has some interesting tidbits to share regarding horses. She also has a great attitude and is always kind and helpful.

And Less is More another horse blog that also posts about her joyfully funny dogs as well as her handsomely goofy horse Less.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And before I forget Desert Horses recently volunteered via e-mail to participate in the Scraps About Me Challenge, so here you go Desert Horses. I look forward to learning 10 new things about you, my bloggy buddy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over the last week, I've been doing online jigsaw puzzles to pass the time. There are hundreds of free puzzles to challenge yourself at the Jig Zone. I think it's more fun to race against the clock and see how fast you can get one done.

So far my time has been pretty good. See if you can match, or beat my time.
This one took me 9 minutes 29 seconds. (Click on the picture to get started)
Click to Mix and Solve

And this puzzle took me only 5 minutes and 33 seconds. Can you meet or beat that, my friends??? I dare ya! hehe
Click to Mix and Solve

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Christy over at Farm Dreams chose me to participate in the 4th Folder/4th Picture Challenge. So here goes: (Taken in Salt Lake City, 2 yrs ago, on a small working farm. My kids and I were enamored with all the critters, especially the baby pigs, sheep and horses.
Christy also pulled out her 6th folder/6th photo so I figured I would, too. This was taken at the old farm in Salt Lake City. If you click to enlarge, you might be able to see those faces. Yep, my well-behaved kidlets were pretending to go potty, along with all the wonderful sound effects, too.
And because it was so much fun to look through these old folders filled with photos, here's my 8th folder/8th photo, too. This was taken south of Moab, UT. That's me with my 3 kidlets.

And I tag the following blogger buddies to participate in going through their folders, finding the 4th folder/4th photo (and 6th and 8th, if you like) and sharing their photos with everyone, too.
Wrensong Farm
Yellow Jacket Ridge Angoras
World of Ezra

Update on my knee for those who care (Thanks!!). I'm finally past the worst of the pain, I think. It aches and is sore, but nothing truly unbearable. The Flexiril and Tramadol seem to be working pretty good now. But I still can't straighten out my knee to stand. Good news, is that I did finally make it up to 42 Flexion in my Continual Passive Motion Machine, so I reached my goal and passed it just a little. Woot!
I feel like I have such a long way to go, though. And I still spend most of my day and night in bed. Crutching is so exhausting and the blood rushes to my numb foot and leg and then it starts to hurt terribly. Tomorrow is my 2nd Physical Therapy Appointment. I've been doing the exercises Monica assigned me, so I hope she's proud of me and notices some improvement. I also hope she gives me another calf massage and uses the Electro Stim. machine again. Wish me luck!

Have a terrific week everyone!!

From the guest room of,

31 comments :

Unknown said...

Hang in there Lisa - every day resting is a day closer to riding!

cdncowgirl said...

Congrats on all your awards, you are definitely a blogger that deserves them! :)
Although I did laugh at your comment on my blog where you basically compare my cold with your leg... silly girl that is NO comparision!

Oh, and I'll take you up on that dare... go ahead and "interview" me :)

Gail said...

Oh, I love the interview game.
I see the chipper you has returned. It is difficult when the crap fairy kicks you in the teeth!
I can hear you healing.

Yellow Jacket Ridge Angoras said...

Ahhh...thank you so much! I think you are doing amazingly well...I don't think I could do that many flexs on my good knee! WoW....you go girlfriend! You'll be doing marathons by summer. Oh...chasing twins counts as a marathon on any given day too!

Laura said...

Congrats on all of your awards - you definitely deserve them.

Glad to hear that your knee pain is finally starting to be more manageable - hopefully physio will help you make quicker progress - I hope you can be more mobile soon!

Celeste said...

Phew! Congrats on all your well deserved awards. I hope your physical therapy session goes well today. It sounds as though you are doing really well - keep up the good work - your animals are a great incentive.

Christy said...

Good luck in PT tomorrow. I'm glad you're improving! You must be so ready to be out of bed.

Mrs. Mom said...

Quite the tour there LIsa! ;) Sounds like your spirits are perking up for you, and like things are behaving inside your leg. You'll be up and around in no time now!!!

Carla said...

Your awards are well deserved! You've done a lot of work passing them out as well.

I'm so glad you are feeling a bit better. I was telling my dh about you just yesterday. It's so hard to tell yourself, "one day at a time" when the days seems to run together. I did a post to honor you, yesterday. Just skip the "For my kids" post, as it is about Obama. You and I have agreed to disagree and still remain friends, right. :)
The post for you is about my new neighbor horse. She's a pumpkin sweetie, much like your Baby Doll.

Good luck at your next PT session. I believe that "no pain, no gain" applies in PT---at least in the beginning. :)

Prayers and hugs,
CeeCee

Rural Writer said...

Hope your PT goes well. You're really doing pretty good for so soon after surgery.

Great bunch of awards! Way to go!

Carolynn Anctil said...

That was packed with stuff today. Congratulations on all your awards. Loved the interview. Glad to hear your pain has subsided somewhat and you sound like you're feeling in better spirits too. Best of luck for more improvement!

colleen said...

Glad to hear you are past most of the pain. Congratulations on all of your awards, you deserve it. It's always a pleasure to stop by and read, you're so honest, it's amazing. I don't know if I'd have the guts..I guess I could start by letting you interview me..if you'd like...:)

Anonymous said...

congrats on the awards and PT progress
LOL at your interview answer about cutting classes.. havent heard THAT expression in forever:)

happy trails
gp

ezra_pandora said...

You know your therapist is good when you WANT to see her, HOPE to impress her and WISH that she does certain things to you :))

Thank you for my blog challenge/awards :)) I will be doing my posts with them soon enough, although I don't know how my pictures will match up to yours. I'm sure not much of a comparison. lol I got Mikey's interview questions too and they were really fun, but you already knew that because you read them already!

And it's nice to hear that you are sounding a little more upbeat and positive. I'm glad it seems the worst pain is now over. I'm going to try your puzzles here in a few to see how I do.

Andrea said...

Congrats on all your awards!! That is great!! And those puzzles, hmmmm...I will have to try those. I never knew there were such things on line!! More reasons not to clean my house.

And fun old pictures. I think it's fun to look back at old pictures and see how our kids have grown or to see what we have done. It's fun.

And good luck at the PT!! A calf massage does sound lovely. And congrats at making your goal. Hopefully you will be able to straighten your knee soon.

Unknown said...

Keep it up! You are on a downhill slide now. You'll be outside before you know it. Hopefully.

Unknown said...

Keep it up! You are on a downhill slide now. You'll be outside before you know it. Hopefully.

hayseed said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, it's always fun to 'meet' a fellow horse enthusiast-hope your leg heals quickly!

Farmer Jen said...

Congratulations on your awards! And thank you for passing one along to me. You are very sweet! Your post today is very positive. I hope your physical therapy goes well and that you heal quickly.

GreyWolf said...

Ok Rapunzle. You dared I'll do it.
"Interview Me", if YOU dare!!!

But beware of what you ask, unless you REALLY want to know!!!

Congrats on beating down MR. Pain, and all of the wonderful awards.
I hope your PT went well today.

Dan and Betty said...

Hang in there friend. As tough as it is now, it's just as tough (if not tougher) when you feel better and get bored.

Dan

Reddunappy said...

I am so glad you are feeling better and the pain is finally under control!

Mikey said...

Awww, thanks so much!! That was so kind of you!
I'm so glad you're feeling better now. Home stretch!!
Love those pics too, good times there :)

Melanie said...

Gotcha!!!! That will teach you to complain...lol!!! (Just joking!!)

Good luck tomorrow! :)

Tammy Vasa said...

Thank you for the recognition, Lisa! It was just what I needed. Although I have been blogging thru my website for several years, this "community" of bloggers is new to me. I enjoy being a part of it and getting to know all of you through your blogs.

Tammy
www.horsetrailriders.blogspot.com

Tammy Vasa said...

I got interrupted & didn't finish my thought...

It was just what I needed.... because I got the call from the kids yesterday that the computer wouldn't boot up & HP did not provide me good news. Its not about the computer, but the files. Most backed up through early December - but Christmas could be gone as well as my address book. Visiting the geek squad today....

So after messing with it for several hours and getting no where, I logged on to my laptop & found your mention of my blog & as I said before... just the lift I needed....

tv

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

Awww, you're too kind! Thanks for the Blog Award!
I ditched alot of school in my day too:-) I also stole the summer school teachers grade book one day and changed some of my test/quiz scores along with some friends:-)
My favorite smell would be horses of course.

I'm so glad you're getting a handle on that pain, I hope the worst is behind you. Are you getting out enough to see your critters?
Take care!

Callie said...

Congrats on the awards! And who doesn't love an old outhouse! LOL! Love the photos! And keep on healing!

Gone2theDawgs said...

Wow Lisa! Congrats on your awards (you definitely deserve them!), and thanks for thinking of me! :) I'll try to get to passing on and contributing the award and folder challenge as soon as I can! What the heck why don't you go ahead and interview me. :) It might not be till the weekend until I get to all this but it will be fun. :)

Glad to hear you're doing better and how cool is that? You've seen Ball Lightning!!?? You'll have to blog about that sometime. I'm with you on that favorite smell too...those are my absolute favorites and what I miss most about living in the desert (that and not having to worry about ramming my knees into a tree when horseback riding!) :)

gtyyup said...

Hey, congrats on all the great awards...couldn't happen to a better blogger!

Those puzzles are really neat!!

clairesgarden said...

thankyou for the award! hope you're up and riding soon!