Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sky Watch Friday~Full Moon

Taken this week, straight out of my Canon Power Shot SX110...........Do ya feel like howling?

For more views of skies around the world, check out Sky Watch!

From the Tower of,


26 comments :

gtyyup said...

Absolutely lovely Ms. Lisa!!! An amazing camera you have!!!

Hugz~~

Sally in WA said...

Great moon shot! Don't you just love it when things work out like this?

Guy D said...

Perfect moon shot, I love it.

Have a great weekend!
Guy
Regina In Pictures

nature ramblings said...

Wow!!! Great shot. You must have a really great camera. My moon shots look nothing like that. Thanks for sharing.

white_lilly said...

Great shot of the moon, I was going to take a picture of our full moon last night but my camera wouldn't have done it justice :)

xoxoxoxo

Fantastyk Voyager said...

That is very cool!

Chelsi said...

OMG- I LOVE that picture. As a "cancer" my "planet" is actually the moon...which is odd because for as long as I can remember I have loved watching the moon. My Dad and I used to walk at night together when I was a little girl and sing an Ian Tyson (Canadian cowboy folk singer) song called "the Coyote and the Cowboy" with a line that goes, "Well I's just an old cowpuncher, I like to listen to his tune ...when I get high on a bottle of Rye, the coyote gets drunk on the moon...yah hoo!" LOL..sorry, it is an odd choice for a kids song...but what can I say, its my redneck side comin' through!

Here is the song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yYc8mYfrkg

Ps- warning... it also says Son of B in it...

Anonymous said...

How wonderfull big big fullmoon:)

Anonymous said...

Lovely moonshot! Well done!!!

Deb said...

Great moon shot!

Cheryl Ann said...

Great moon shot! I'm leaving early this morning to try to get a pic! My 3rd graders know there is a full moon~~they are WILD!~AND, the winds aren't helping! Yikes! Third graders on the loose! LOOK OUT!

Aspen Photography said...

Beautiful I love full moons

Jocelyn said...

Did you just moon me????
Beautiful what a lovely Zoom you have my dear....

Carolynn Anctil said...

My little camera won't take night shots, so I've just been able to admire the moon these past few nights.

BTW, I'm starting a Giveaway contest over at my place today. Come on over and join in the fun.

The Wades said...

Howling away right here at my computer!! Really pretty.

Carla said...

great shot! I've tried and tried and can't get a decent picture. Only a dot of light.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy good photos of the moon. There's just something about the dreaminess of it.

Lisa Wilson said...

Amazing! The moon has been glorious this week.

Melanie said...

What a great shot from your soon to be vacated tower!!!

As others have already mentioned, the moon has been exceptionally beautiful lately. Wonder why??? I usually only go gaga over it in the fall (harvest moon).

jane augenstein said...

Hey Lisa! Nice moon shots!! Isn't the new camera great???
I have an award on my blog for you!
:-)

Dan and Betty said...

Great picture. We watched that same moon rise over our side of the Sandias mountain.

Dan

Jane Hards Photography said...

Knockout, spot on.

Gail said...

Beautiful moon! I thought my legs were hairier than usual!

GreyWolf said...

Wow, that's definitly prettier than the "moon shot" I emailed you!

My word verification is HEALNEY and I belive you did on your next post!!!

Michele said...

This is magnificent... truly a beautiful photo! I am amazed at your camera!!

Hug♥
Mountain Retreat Photography

ezra_pandora said...

Now it all makes sense!! My little hooligans were being soooo rambunctious Friday!! And now I know why, lol