Mother’s Day is fairly quiet because Ranchman John had mandatory OT today. But there was early celebrating on Friday instead. First my dear friend, Linda Sue, who I’ve been lucky enough to call my friend now for over 17 years, invited me over for a delicious breakfast of eggs, fried potatoes, sausage, OJ and coffee. (This pic was taken during a recent family dinner we had been invited to at her house)
As you will soon see, our lives have been closely intertwined throughout the years. We became friends while working for Mesa Airlines, driving baggage carts, fueling aircraft, and directing commuter airplanes onto the runway. We had so much fun and did some cool stuff, like our snowmobile/cross-country ski trip in Red River, NM on the Enchanted Circle. When I became prego with my twinlings, we lost touch for a couple years. But then, just two years after my twinlings were born, I found out that Linda Sue was prego with twins, too! She gave birth to beautiful twin girls, while I have twin boys. We sometimes joke about how funny it would be if our two sets of twins got married one day and had a double wedding.
Both of our sets of twins play the guitar, and on our recent family dinner night, her talented girls serenaded us with “Stairway to Heaven” both on acoustic and electric.
Afterwards all of the twins went outside to play some ball.
While the adults enjoyed some comfortable adult conversation.
And Jenna ate cheese.
Lots and lots of cheese. I am not kidding. I had to cut her off. My girl is addicted to cheese.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anyway, after our delicious breakfast on Friday (which I sadly took no pictures of), I left my dear friend’s lovely home, which is only about 6 miles from my home…which incidentally makes us neighbors per rural mountain standards. On the way I drove past many interesting things…and took lots of pictures, which I promise to share with you over the next few days.
And on the way to my Physical Therapy, I even made a new friend.
I think I even fell in love a little bit.
I did better than I thought I would during Physical Therapy. I was able to do most of my exercises without any pain. But I still can’t bear all of my weight on that left leg without stabbing pain on the outer left side of my knee. That knee also swells up when I’m up on it for too long. So frustrating not knowing what is actually going on in there. Well at least I have something to cheer me up just a little bit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I arrived back home my family surprised me with a bunch of goodies for Mother’s Day.
My parents sent me chocolate!
My kidlet’s did, too!
The kidlets also gave me a card that will keep me smiling for a very long time.
And Ranchman John gave me roses in my favorite coral color.
Then, because it was a sunny 85 degrees, Ranchman John decided to cook us up the first BBQ of the season.
He even provided the entertainment!
I would also like to thank everyone for all of the e-mail and Facebook Mother's Day wishes today. And a special thank you to Rachel of Wilmoth Farms for the funny video she made for me.
And I hope all of you Moms, whether of human children or critter kids, had a very special day that brought you mountains of smiles and happiness!
From the Tower of,
16 comments :
Looks like a beautiful day filled with all kinds of wonderful surprises. By the looks of it, that donkey may have fallen in love with you a little bit too. I love the roses - gorgeous! And, is there already a chocolate missing from that box....?
Ranchman John is a great sport. BTW...I enjoyed the rooster crowing in the background, too. :o)
How nice! We went out for breakfast this morning and I've spent the rest of the day cleaning. No cards or candy :(. I can't even remember the last time we just had fun like your hubby was. We need to relax and have fun more here I think.
Happy Mother's Day! I love your new burro buddy! I want to rub my hands all over that short spikey hair :) So cute!
What a lovely time with an old friend. That's cool how Your lives have taken such similar paths.
Happy Mothers day Lisa, big hug. Your new friend is really cute.
I love donkeys. They always manage to look sad and adoring at the same time, like they are just desperate to be loved by YOU.
You have a good man there to let you post a video of him jammin' on your blog... LOL. :o)
Happy Mother's Day!
Shawn made me breakfast ! I ate waaay too much. That Donkey sure is a cute thing. Luv me some Long Ears!
Glad to hear you had a fantastic Mothers Day!
Did you see that America's Funniest Video where the woman keeps locking her husband out of the house and car, and not letting him in until he does a dance? Your video reminded me of that, only Ranchman John is way more entertaining. Happy Mother's Day.
I am so glad you had such a nice day! Your pictures are beautiful, as always!
Your card your kidlets gave you, was so sweet and teared me up! I have cried more now since I started blogging, than I have ever cried before!
I have an addiction to cheese, like Jenna! I could live off it!
Happy late Mother's Day!
That sounds awesome! Sounds like you had the kind of day you deserved. BTW that card was totally cute!
You guys are just so good at the mom thing you make me think twice...
I thought about you yesterday and am happy to know that you were doing good.
What a wonderful weekend you had!! I'm so glad. You deserved it!
Love how the donkey is so enjoying your scratching that he closes his eyes. I want a donkey sssoooo bad, but can't have one.
I'm glad you had a good Mother's day! Missed ya!!
I LOVE Hoops and Yoyo cards! You husband is a hoot!
Here's a link to the Hallmark Hoops & Yoyo cards - they are those funny little characters - a dog and a cat - that crack me up, even if the person receiving the regular or e-card doesn't appreciate their humor.
http://tinyurl.com/25l6rc
Ranchman John, the Boogie Machine! Too cute.
I especially loved your precious laugh. :)
Now how did I manage to miss this post??? Love the donkey pictures, the one with his eyes closed is so darned cute!
LOL your husband dancing while cooking that's just too funny! My husband always runs from the camera or video when I have one handy.
hugs...
Jane
Post a Comment