Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Watery Wednesday~UNM Duck Pond

Two weeks ago Val and I did some Letterboxing in Albuquerque and stopped by the University of New Mexico’s Duck Pond to locate a letterbox. I had already found the letterbox 2 years ago, and in fact it was one of the first boxes I found when I started Letterboxing. So I offered to help Val locate it, too, as it had some tricky clues involving a compass. While we were there we enjoyed watching the ducks in the pond.


IMG_3893


IMG_3896


IMG_3885


IMG_3901


IMG_3912

IMG_3888

 

Check out Watery Wednesday for more photos involving water.




From the Tower of,

26 comments :

Caprice- said...

I love your duck pics! I especially like the Mallard on the lawn- he is so regal! You'll have to tell me about Letterboxing. I remember a post you talked about it but other than that I've never heard of it before.
Thanks for sharing these great photos!
Caprice

Lindy said...

Beautiful Watery Wednesday ducks. My favorite is the one shaking off the water, though. Great captures on all.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Watery Wednesday? Do I sense a new alphabet themed series of posts coming on??

Maybe not so much.... oh well -nice pictures!

Hope you're doing okay today? Sorry about the delete I obviously cannot type worth a darn today.

Desert Rose said...

Lots of different kinds of little ducks there. They are all so pretty!!!

Erin said...

the ducks are wonderful...love the one shaking off the water...great capture.
hope you had a wonderful wednesday my friend.

until later.
many hugs.

jane augenstein said...

Oh, Lisa! Great pictures, the water looks like quick silver, love the shaking duck!! LOL
~Jane and Gilly~

Leah Fry said...

I like the water in the first one.

How's your knee?

Dan and Betty said...

Nice duck pictures.

Dan

Rural Writer said...

Lovely photos! That's a good looking set of duck pictures you took.

Amy said...

Such cute ducks! And what a nice variety.

Blackfeatherfarm said...

Lovely ducks ! Just love them. Wish I could have some, but alas they would just end up dinner for the dogs.

Paint Girl said...

What an amazing assortment of duck colors! I have only seen wood ducks and mallards. Beautiful place! I want all those ducks to come to my pond! Send them my way!
Lisa, thanks for your comment on Fritzy and me. I know we are going through similiar experiences with our painted ponies. I will have to email you sometime to talk about it more in detail, if I did that here, there wouldn't be anymore room for everyone else to comment!
Looking forward to more Watery Wednesdays!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I like the shimmering water.

Cowgirl Sprat said...

WOW! The wide range of duck colors next to the everchanging water colors are amazing! Looks like a very relaxing day.

cdncowgirl said...

Have I ever mentioned that my best friend (Kimfer) is afraid of ducks? Its actually pretty funny...

My fav is pic #2

Pony Girl said...

Great pictures...especially like the first two! The water has a lovely color to it. You know, when I was around 9 years old, I used to have a pet duck! A mallard named Daffy. The neighbor dogs got him. :(

TxFarmhouse said...

I have to admit, I've never heard of letterboxing..interesting. I love ducks and I love your pictures.
RiverBend Farm

Carolynn Anctil said...

Excellent photos of the ducks against the water. They're gorgeous.

Ed said...

What can i say that has'nt been said, great shots!!

Esther Garvi said...

I'm amazed at how many types of duck there are, not to mention how many you managed to gather in one post! Well done!!

Esther Garvi said...

I'm amazed at how many types of duck there are, not to mention how many you managed to gather in one post! Well done!!

allhorsestuff said...

Great water! I loe the coloring on that pair!
The one shaking is funny!
You have a talent for the balanced picture...the top pioc reminds me of your header..almost Yin Yang!
Kac

Reddunappy said...

Letterboxing sounds a lot like Geocaching that I really want to do! I looked up Letterboxing too and there are a lot around here! as well as Geocaches!

NatureFootstep said...

a nice collection on ducks in the waters. I like the first variety as we don´t have it here. (live in sweden)

Fantastyk Voyager said...

I just love all your duck photos! I didn't realize there were so many different kinds at the pond.