Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sky Watch Friday ~ Escorted

 

I looked up to the sky from my loft balcony and saw this.

IMG_9424

I barely managed to grab my camera in time to capture these photos, and it was so bright outside that I could barely see through my digital camera’s LCD screen, enough to focus. But the planes were headed West on Monday, July 27. Anyone know where they were heading, and who was traveling inside the escorted plane?

IMG_9425

Check out Sky Watch to view hundreds of interesting and beautiful skies from around the world.




From the Tower of,

19 comments :

Coloradolady said...

Wow. Just. Wow.

Lisa, you were lucky to get those shots, that almost is a little scary looking...I would love to know what was going on. Great shots.

Ms. Fiddlesticks said...

Well, Well. Would be nice to find out. Good shots.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

LOR: Neat shot of Air Force One as it heads into the sky. I saw him last week and have some photos on my site.

cdncowgirl said...

Possibly a trainig flight?

Anonymous said...

i like this capture lisa.
wonder who was being escorted?
have a most wonderful weekend.
hugs

Jane Hards Photography said...

Those are very cool images.

Larry D said...

Wow, great capture!

CTG Ponies said...

Very cool! Good job getting the pics.

Ebie said...

My main blog is here.
Night shot Lisa! I would not know where they are headed but if its AF1, then its classified. Have a great weekend!

Shirl said...

These actually look like A-10's and that big one is not being escorted but is refueling the A-10's. Nice capture!

Shirl said...

These actually look like A-10's and that big one is not being escorted but is refueling the A-10's. Nice capture!

Historical sites with charmine said...

Great shot!LOVE YOUR PIC.

Historical sites with charmine said...

Great shot!LOVE YOUR PIC.

jane augenstein said...

Nice shots! You must have your camera close by always!
~Jane and Gilly~

Anonymous said...

What a great capture! If your shots disappear off the blog we may have an idea who it was.

SandyCarlson said...

You are quick. This is a really neat shot. Well done.

Jim said...

Wow. Great capture.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Celeste said...

Must be the President to need that much firepower as an escort! Although when he came to Chicago last week he just landed in a helicopter on the baseball pitch in front of our building!

The Wades said...

I have no idea, but it sure is fun to imagine.