Thursday, August 6, 2009

Gettyup!

 

After the Pink Ponies T-Ball Game we stopped by the grocery store on the way home, and outside was our waiting steed, the Quarter Horse (It demands two quarters now for a ride much shorter than a quarter mile).

I promised Jenna a ride and she’s still at that fun age where she gets excited about riding a machine pony.

IMG_9703 

Apparently, I still do, too.

IMG_9712

I think I could have used a bigger horse, though. But seriously I could ride the carousel all day long with my daughter and never tire of it.

My twinlings, always up for a photo opportunity, were biting at the bit to ride the Quarter Horse, too.

Wahooo, Jax!

IMG_9717

Ride ‘em Cowboy, Jem!

IMG_9721

That was one feisty pony.

IMG_9722

Some of you have been asking me how my knee is and when I’ll be able to ride. Well, my knee rehab has slowed down some after that second injury and fractured tibia, but I am finally able to walk without my crutches or brace again, which is really nice on hot days. As for riding, though, I’m not quite ready for that yet, physically or emotionally and can’t really give a definitive answer on when I will be ready.

So for now, you’ll have to be satisfied with seeing me ride Camels and Quarter Horses.

IMG_9710




From the Tower of,

30 comments :

Leah Fry said...

Not to worry. You'll ride when you're ready ... or not. It's okay no matter what you decide. Don't force it or there will be no joy.

Anonymous said...

I used to love those mechanical horses when I was a kid - they had one in the grocery store. When the little fair with rides came to town once a year, I used to ride the merry-go-round for hours - loved those horses too! In fact I've always loved all horses!

colleen said...

You'll be ready to ride again one day...but the "quarter" horse is a great way to start, and alot of fun! My boys are always asking to give it a whirl.

jane augenstein said...

Oh, Lisa what a fun post!!! Pictures are great of the kids riding the "Quarter Horse" and you too. Although I agree that you need a bigger horse, that is a small Quarter horse....Oh, I agree the carousel ride, I LOVED riding that.
The picture of all the kids is a great one, love the look on Jenna's face as her brothers are "horsing" around!! LOL
~Jane~

Mrs. Mom said...

LOL You go girl! ;)

Hey- at least you didn't get plowed into (and over) by some massively huge woman on one of the store power shopping carts THE DAY you were released and returned to work... (true story. Dear Husband went to the store with me on The DAY he was released to work. He had on his brace still, but didn't need a crutch. I went down an aisle to get something, heard this weird noise, and came running back to see him, white as a sheet, holding his leg, looking like he was either going to bust into tears, pass out, or throw up, or some combo of the three. He gasped out what had happened, and I ran around looking for the nasty woman, and only found the cart she was driving. Seems she hauled her nasty butt out of the store right after she plowed over my Hubby. He wound up with a second surgery from that, more time out of work, and now has a fear of morbildy fat women on power shopping carts.)

Hang in there!!

KD said...

Y'all are ALL so CUTE !!! And look at your matching little pink socks! :-)

Cheryl Ann said...

Lisa, I'm not ready to ride yet either. My back is finally getting better and since I don't have Beauty....well, I don't have another horse to ride. Quad would be my next candidate, but he is still foot sore and I'm not going to compromise his health for a ride.

The Good Life in Virginia said...

i kinda like that kind of "quarter" horse. very low maintenance!
most cute photos of you, the twinlings and of cours miss jenna.
thanks for sharing with us.

hugs my friend.

Unknown said...

That's a VSE if I ever saw one! (VSE=Very Small Equine in carriage driving, 34-38 inches I think)
He looks spirited but uncomplicated. Fifty cents for a good time is a deal!

Unknown said...

lol
Hey at least you rode!
I say take up driving ;) Great way for you and many others to enjoy a horse without having to get on them. Of course theres people like me who enjoy a good ride and a drive.

d2cmom said...

Well I have to say, your posture is atrocious - your heels should be in line with your shoulders, right - and that quarter horse just is NOT respecting you. You maybe could try turning it in circles to keep him from running away with you next time. hehe. But I guess if your trying and your having fun, that's all that matters, huh? Looks like a fun day with the kiddos. Mine would have been "sooo embarrassed." Keep up the hard work. LOL

gtyyup said...

Riding will come when you're ready...no need to push it.

Loved your photos today! I haven't seen one of those in years. You can't find that kind of QH in Harney County...must be 'cause most everyone has a real one! LOL...

sidetracked said...

OMW tooooofunny, That it totally something that I would do! I used to love those rides as a kid. When I was little they had one in the mall outside of K Mart and I would want to ride it all the time. SOmetimes I think we never grow up

Deb said...

I love it....my daughter still like to get her picture taken on the mechanical pony and she is 20 have some really cute shots from last year in Ft. Worth...

Chelsi said...

When my horse got tired after a show my trainer said, "She just plum run out of quarters"

I LOVED that expression!

Paint Girl said...

That is so cute! Looks like you all had a fun ride on the Quarter Horse!!
I am glad to hear that you can get around without the brace now. And don't worry about riding a real horse. You will know when the time is right!! We are all rootin' for ya!

Desert Rose said...

Take your time getting back on, you have to be ready physically and emotionally. Come ride Jesse, he will take great care of you!

Gail said...

I must know your make/model of camera, your photos are so clear and detailed.

You will ride when it is time to ride.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

You have such a silly family. I did notice that you weren't wearing your brace. Freedom! We have a big red mechanical warthog at our local pizza place. If you're ever in the area, bring your family by and we can have a trick riding competition.

Dan and Betty said...

Looking good. I love Jenna's expression in the picture with the three kids together.

Dan

cdncowgirl said...

Cute pics :) Glad you're knee is on the mend and don't you worry - when you're ready you'll get back on and ride!

Unknown said...

Wow. I never run my quarter horse. Slow canter to the william tell overture. That's it.

You are pretty brave.

On a serious note, you've been thru a lot. I suspect when the time does come, it'll be a surprise.

Debi said...

I love Jem's shirt!! They have Quarter horses here too, but it is only 3 cents to ride.

Melanie said...

LOL!!! I am sure that you guys were getting funny looks out there in front of that store. Me??? I would have assumed that you were a blogger...teeheehee!!!

And don't worry about riding again. If it happens, it happens, and if it doesn't, it doesn't. Only time will tell.

PS-How is that knee??? I see that you no longer have your brace on, or did you remove it for your ride??

Farmer Jen said...

Your photos are great, as usual! Your kids are so expressive. Full of spirit. I spotted some cool storm clouds reflected in the store window. Lovely shot.

Ed said...

LOL! and a ROFLMAO! Priceless..:-)

Celeste said...

Looks like you all had a laugh! Great quality family memories. :)

Anonymous said...

Hie hie...these are fun pics! We shpuld never lose that desire to have silly fun, no matter what age!
Ronelle

allhorsestuff said...

I am soo smilin' with that fun ride!
Be well in heart and mind girlfriend...you'll know the right thing to do~
KacyK

Girl Tornado said...

You guys are just too funny, crackin' me up! :)

Don't worry about riding. Really. Just be. Just be with Baby Doll and other horses. Trust me, it's all good.