For this week’s Macro Monday, it only made sense to choose a subject matter that I’m seeing a lot of these days. Peaches. Between the peaches I’ve sold and the peaches we’ve used for peach crisp, peach jam, peach cake, peach smoothies and just cut up and stored in the freezer, we’ve easily surpassed well over 50 lbs of peaches harvested. And that’s just from our ONE tree. And there are still lots more peaches left on our tree!
Someone asked me, ‘why do you think you’ve got so many peaches this year?’ And my only guesses are, ‘the peach tree is making up for not producing any peaches last year’, and/or ‘the peach tree really liked all the chicken manure I spread over it’s roots last Fall.’ lol!
Either way, we are up to our hair follicles in peaches and enjoying every minute of it. Ironically, peaches are one of my least favorite fruits, but that’s probably because I never was able to just walk outside and pick fresh, juicy, ripe, delicious peaches right off my own tree. There’s a lot to be said for knowing where your food comes from and being able to grow it yourself.
Awww…look! It has a dimple.
From the Tower of,
36 comments :
hahah - the pictures are ready to jump off the page! i can probably learn to love peaches. we don't grow them in the philippines so i never really got to know it except on occasions, but, i like it in cobbler! thanks for visiting my blog! come by more often! hugs!
Honey for a point and shoot camera you take some pretty damn good pictures. I could almost feel the fuzzy little bugger and taste it's sweetness. Love em.
These are peachy keen!
Your pictures are just "PEACHY"! LOL Amazing your tree has produced so many! That is awesome!
Mmmm, homemade peach ice cream.
Nice, delicious looking pictures.
Dan
nothing better than a perfectly ripe peach!!! You pictures make my mouth water!
Ahh peaches, makes me want one of them peach smoothies!
OMG....Lisa you are killing me!! LOL All the peach desserts you are talking about is making my mouth water!!! I have eaten the peaches I got at the store last week and will definitely have to buy more; I wish I had a peach tree.
Love the pictures!!!!
~Jane~
At first I honestly thought that pic was of a butt. Hahahhaha
I wish I had some of those lovelies! Great job, and the last one has a dimple and a beauty mark. :):)
I see your not tired of peaches as of yet. Great shot!!
Great. Now I'm hungry.
:)
Beautiful!!
I haven't had a peach yet this simmer! I am going to buy some tomorrow!
Real Peachy! Love'em! Great shots! :D
I just found out today, that sometimes fruit trees will produce a lot in one year, and than the next, barely anything, than one year, nothing.
My pear tree has finally produced after 8 years, and I hope next year it gives me more, but it might not!
Your peach pictures are absolutely beautiful!! I bet yours are bigger than mine! But mine aren't ripe yet! Soon!
oooooh looks yummmy :)
& check out those tiny hairs, way to capture the minor details
Great shots, nice detail and the last one with your comment made me laugh.
Geaorgeous peach pics! Now I have to go dind some (to eat!)
ronell
Very nice I can actually smell them, now how about cutting one of those babies in half and get a shot of the peach half with the pit in the center? ;-)
These are fabulous!
Unfortunately, your peach tree is probably in a rut and will produce gangbusters every other year now. I learned that the hard way :-/.
Looks like cute little fuzzy bunz!
Amazing peaches! That is an impressive amount of peaches for one tree. We were kicking around the idea of adding a mini-orchard to our property earlier this year. I feel re-inspired!
Looks like cute little fuzzy bunz!
Amazing peaches! That is an impressive amount of peaches for one tree. We were kicking around the idea of adding a mini-orchard to our property earlier this year. I feel re-inspired!
Excellent! Looks like the peach tree is making up for lost time!
Beautiful peaches!!!
oh...you can almost smell it with those pictures!
Yum, fuzzy peaches! A friend gave us some fresh peaches over the weekend...they are so good!
FABulous pictures Lisa! I can feel their fuzz! Peaches are one of my favourite fruits, as well as nectarines. I have several peach trees here but they are still new so no bearing yet. I would just be thrilled beyond means if I had 50 lbs to pick! I did have a peach tree that I planted at my last house and the fourth and final year I lived there was the first year it produced, but I sold it before they ripened so I never got to taste any. Peach trees are very fickle here and only bear every 3 to 4 years because so often the blooms freeze off in late spring freezes. Doesn't stop me from trying! I planted a couple of new varieties this year that were developed in Canada and Michigan, so hoping they will be hardier! I hope you make some jam! Peach ginger jam is lovely!
Gorgeous pictures. Now I have to drive 30 miles to the closest grocery store and get the not-so-good variety. :(
They look slightly naughty! Especially the last one :)
those look lucious...I love me a tree ripened fruit.
And really, truly....I had a co worker who went to college for horticulture once. We were talking about tomatoes, because I can't stomach the store bought ones, they taste like cardboard, but a homegrown one? Delish. His comment was that store bought fruit and veggies are picked when green so never develop the level of sugar that tree ripened ones do so there is a real reason why they taste like cardboard!
I hate to tell you what these gorgeous shots remind me of!!!! Use your imagination. Excellent shots.
( Oh Lori!)
They are very fuzzy-hairy huh. How cool to be abble to have your own tree...and it really put out this year. Ymmy stuff!
KacyK
Making my mouth water!! They have such beautiful color...and I love eating dimples!
You know, peaches were one of least favorite fruits too, until I was pregnant with Eric. Then, for some reason, I couldn't get enough of them. :)
Oh your peaches look like butts..fuzzy butts..with adimples and a zit!! LOL..You crack me up! Enjoy your peaches..have some upside down cake! :)
Post a Comment