This week’s challenge over at Sunday Stills happens to be fences. I was certainly challenged and couldn’t imagine how I could photograph some creative captures of fences.
But then last Monday morning, while I was out driving around not far from my house, a New Mexico summertime mountain fog rolled in and all of sudden, fences seemed very interesting.
Let me know which photos are your favorite.
The End!
Thanks for visiting and having a look at my photos.
From the Tower of,
51 comments :
those photos are great!
very errie & great :)
nicely done x
I like the first fence in the fog.. the barb wire ones just scare me, an accident waiting to happen!
Reakky awsome phots's ther Lisa. You catured sever different subject types...of course my favoriten has the donkey!!!
Those are wonderful photo's Lisa! Good job!
Of course, you need fences in the farm. I wasn't thinking outside my square of dmoestic residential situations.
But if I were your horses, I won't like the fences, the grass is always greener over the fence.
When I was young, my mum had fenced off the chickens and ducks, otherwise they would poop all over the place, and we ran about barefooted. Also they would go to the vege garden.
Do I really have to choose? I love them all...But If I had to choose the one with the boys hanging around is a fave..:-)
Great collection! My favorite is the first fence shot! :D The foggy effect, is perfect for these kinda subjects! :D
#2 is my favorite, with the endless fence going off into the fog.
#3 Hmmmm. I wonder about that chain.
#6 Unquestioning obedience to the unenforceable.
I love them ALL!!1 But picture 6 is my favorite!!!! The one with the horses and barb looks a bit dangerous!!
Lovely photos! I wish I could tell you which one is my favorite, but I keep going back and forth. Each one has some wonderful feature that catches my eye (and teaches me something more about photography).
We were up in your area again yesterday. The skies were incredible, as were the mountain views. Everything is getting so green!
Very well done!
These are fabulous shots. The fog is beautiful and the composition is wonderful!
I decided to come out of lurking. lol Love your blog, btw. I like 3 & 4 of the fence pics. The lines, and angles are interesting.
Excellent pics! The barbwire fences are so rustic. I have to say that seeing horses/donkeys with that kind of fencing makes me cringe.
Fantastic as usual!!!!
Hehehehe... just love how you closed up the post with the donkey! =)
Beautiful photos!
Lisa, they are all fabulous pictures, my favorite fence one would be number one but my favorite, favorite one is of course the donkey! Something about those donkey faces and butts that is just to darned cute!!!
Great job!
~Jane~
The close up with the post and others fading into the fog, the other strand of a different wire (or is it a vine, so interesting).
And the donkey. I can never resist a donkey.
This is my main blog.
I love the first shot, but most of all I love the beauties!
P.S. I've been to Sage's and saw your meet up photos! Isn't that great, that you can meet fellow bloggers?
Aww, thank you Jane! Your comments always brighten my day, my friend.
I figured I might get some slack for those scary barb wire fences with the horses and donkey, but I rather liked that photo. The horses look sort of tense and highly alert. I think between the horses and the barb, it gives a sense of tension, instead of the calm, that shows in the other photos. I do wish they had safer fence, though. But that is what is typical out here, I'm afraid. Many people have large acreages (that one is several hundred acres) and just use the barb wire because it's cheaper for that much area.
Lisa
Beautiful photos Lisa, you just keep getting better and better! You have a great eye for interesting shots and angles.
I have to agree with you (and a few others) on the fencing. I wish people didn't use it either. Actually, if strung properly and taught, barbed wire is supposedly not as dangerous as we (or I! :) think. But that barbed wire, all loosey-goosey and a chaotic mess, is not safe. I would never put my horse in that pasture, but I guess we can't always understand other people's justifications! :)
Fog adds a unique mood to photos. I like them all, but the second seems to have a composition that gives you a feeling of a barrier on one side and freedom on the other.
Hey Lisa. I love the pictures. Those could have been taken around our place. Plus I think all donkeys are cute!
I e-mailed you. In case you didn't get it, pleas e-mail me.
gacountrygirl75atgmaildotcom
Thanks,
Pam
I like the first one best, I like the jumbled up effect and I like how it fades off into the fog and the distance.
EXCELLENT job on all of them!
Actually I like them all but that second one maybe ending with shot looking back-
I love the etheral quality with the fog. Just beautiful as always Lisa.
Lisa,
I love the first one, the one with the one post with barbed wire wrapped around it and the last one with the little donkey!!! Too cute.
I always enjoy coming here and looking at your photos. Even if I don't leave comments I still enjoy looking!
Deanna
I think compositionally #3 and #4 with the barbed wire are my favorites! I like the way the eye is led into the fence by the curling wire in #3.
We didn't see too much fog on our trip but we got some rain and hail to make up for it. I think the rain storm photos turned out nicely, but I never could get the lightening in one--Farmer Rick was nervous about hanging around too long!!
I really love the barbed wire fences. Very pretty with texture, colors are very distinct. Thanks for sharing.
DF
Great photos. I love the barbed wire ones. The colors and texture is wonderful. Hard to choose.
Thanks for sharing.
That first one - makes the barbed wire fencing look so primitive and scary.
I like all those ole rustic fences.
I am beginning to HATE wire at all for fences! Your pics are great though..the Donkey si soooo adorable liss!
PS sorry for the weirdo colors on the last post..I chnged it, thanks for the heads up. I see I have some msg's on Yahoo...hope one is from YOU sharing with me your picture you've chosen??!!(my give away for knowing the fav holiday)
KACYK
My favorite is the last one for the humor! Otherwise it would have been the horses- of course a final scroll through makes me wonder what I'm writing because they are all beautiful. Well done.
My favorite one is the 3rd barbed wire fence shot. It has a single strand looping outward.
As I scrolled through the first 4 fence pics, I was thinking "man I hope there's no horses inside those fences!" -only to see them in the next one.
The fourth one is really good.
All them are beautiful, but my favorite one is IMG_9361_thumb[14].
I liked them all very much, but if I have to choose its a toss up between number three and the last one.
Hi Lisa, I like four, three and one..all are great! The barbed wire does look wicked, it is commonly used up here for both cattle and horses:)
My pics are #s 1 & 3 :)
I too was hoping there were no horses in those fences. Barb wire is common here but at least its strung properly. That fence looks like its about to fall down. Yikes!!
Love them all! The fog makes them stand out even more.
I love the last picture, of the Donkey!! He is just too cute!
I also want to thank you for leaving me the very sweet comments about Grace, her family and the Birthday comment really cheered me up! You are so awesome Lisa!!
Wonderful photos! The fog gives them that extra something!
Once again you hit the jackpot! I LOVE them All. :):) Just beautiful.
Some of the fences around my neck of the woods (NE Scotland) are pretty bad but the ones in your shots take some beating! How irresponsible some animal owners are. Your photographs are so good but I can't help feeling for the poor creatures. Best wishes Janetx
Love the second pic! Has such mood and mystery!!! AWESOME photo!!! You rock!
I loved the Donkey Butt one and the barbed wire around the post one.
Nice to hear you spent some time with Baby Doll this weekend and she was a good girl about it.
I like that second one with the cactus in the front! cool! and second would be the donkey butt LOL LOL My Emma would so be through that fence!
They are all very good photos. I like the horses lined up on the fence.
Nice!! I'm partial to the first shot...but the shot of the horses and burro hanging out at the fence is a good one too! The fog was a bonus touch!
All of them, my talented friend!!! Those pictures rock! I think you should frame a few and put them in your house.
They are all truly wonderful, but honestly, the mist in the first one is so perfect, it suits the fence and the photo the best!
Post a Comment