This week’s Sunday Stills Challenge is called the ‘Rule of Thirds’.
The rule states that an image should be imagined as divided into nine equal parts by two equally-spaced horizontal lines and two equally-spaced vertical lines, and that important compositional elements should be placed along these lines or their intersections. It is believed that by aligning a subject with these points it creates more tension, energy and interest in the composition than by simply centering the subject.
Here are my efforts:
#1(My trio posing under the Route 66 bridge on the Bosque Bike Trail)
#2(My kidlets posing ‘in thirds’ at the New Mexico State Fairgrounds. The yellow Zia Pueblo Indian symbol on the gate represents New Mexico and is on our State Flag)
#3(A fowl line-up at the Rio Grande Zoo)
#4(The Beach Apartments, created by architect, Antoine Predock, my first home in Albuquerque 17 years ago)
#5(A Letterboxing hike in Angel Fire, New Mexico)
#6(Habaneros Polocrosse Team)
#7(My Neighbor’s Grey Gelding)
#8(Sunshine on Sunflowers)
Check out Sunday Stills to see how others have tackled
this challenge!
From the Tower of,
35 comments :
Great shots all around! The horse shot is my favorite- how the rule brings your attention right to his (her?) eyes despite the nose being up in your face.
You don't need photography lessons.
I'm a couple blogger days behind, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I'm sad for husband having to spend so much time away from home, he sure is a good and responsible husband.
Beautiful as always!
My favorites are one, three, four, not in any paticular order. Good job.
Nice shots Lisa. I think you aced this one. :):)
Very, very cool shots. You illustrated the rule perfectly!
Beautiful and pictures all look fantstic!
GREAT, thirds, I LOVE the last one! SO cool! Very nice job. :)
Awesome job!!! I also have sunflowers in my collection...something about them against a bright blue sky. Love it! The grey gelding is too cute & is very photogenic! :)
lisa great photography as always :)
i love the horse one <3
Great shots..:-)
Awesome shots!!! I love them ALL!!! I always enjoy seeing what you've come up with!!
Great job Lisa :D Wonderful pics! I love the horse shot. Kiddoo shots are cool! Lovely composition in the last one. Well done :)
~ WildBlack
Great pics Lisa love them all. I still don't get it(rule of thirds) I probably never will, I'm a bit slow on the uptake.
Very good shots. Love the sunflowers and sky.
Good job! Love the kids and the sunflower
Those are very good. You're so talented. It makes me want to try this approach with some pics..
Wonderful job on all! Thanks for sharing!
All excellent! I think you could make money selling photos, yours all have wonderful colour, clarity, and composition.
Beautiful shots Lisa! Liked them all! Do you still have your black and white paint or did you end up selling her? I'm going over to see Val's baby that I haven't seen for a while! Have a great Labor Day! Luanne
I thoroughly enjoyed all of your views!
You are GGGGOOODDDD at this Liss!
Of course...the grey muzzle won me over!
KK
Great shots. Like the sunflowers and the apartment building.
Nice shots! I really like the sunflower one, very pretty!
Hi Lisa, these are great shots, and I love your description "kidlets", hehehe! I also love the bright colors on your photos!
Ebie's Rule of Thirds
Don't you love built in props! My grand kidlets and critters are mine!
These are all wonderful, and a great variety as well.. good job Ms Lisa!
I love the photo of your neighbors grey gelding. its a great close up and a great use of the rule of thirds. your first photo of your kids is awesome. It looks great in black and white.
Hi Lisa, I really like the first one and the fowl line up.. great job:)
Well, I'm SO glad I can actually see these pics, maybe I've fixed the problem. Anyway, all these shots are just fabulous!
I love the action in the polocrosse shot, and the kids are so cute. The sunflowers shot is perhaps the most stunning of all!
Hope you had a FUN birthday!
Nice shot of the ponies! I love the sunflowers too. It's raining so hard today, I needed a blue-sky fluffy clouds picture :)
Awwww! simply stunning as always!
~Jane
Great shots. Well done!
Wow, those are all really great!!!
Well done. The first two especially are great examples of the rules of thirds.
You have a great eye.
Dan
Love those sunflowers!
Great shot,
The kids in your city must be very good, there is no graffiti under the bridge.
I think that the colour in your photos is just stunning, very vibrant and making for fantastic shots!
Post a Comment