This week’s Sunday Stills Challenge is Halloween. This was a great subject for me as I spent all morning and afternoon volunteering for a Halloween themed Competitive Trail Ride called Ghost Riders to the Rescue, which was to benefit a local Horse Rescue.
(Yes, that’s me! I was a Zombie Diva!)
Then I spent the evening carting my kidlets around to trick-or-treat for candy. (It was a very long day, starting at 5 am and ending after midnight)
Here are a few photos of the competitive trail ride and some of the riders and horses who were dressed up for Halloween.
(Dressed up for a holiday that is still two months away)
(Arabian Nights)
(My friend, Theresa and her Lipizzaner/Hungarian Warmblood gelding, Zeema)
(If ever a wizard, a whiz there was……)
(Here comes the bride…..and the groom along for the ride
(Awww, what a sweet couple)
(And my dog, Dobbie Girl and me, Zombie Diva.)
Check out Sunday Stills to view how others photographed Halloween.
(Note: I won’t be doing Macro Monday this week. My next post will be quite lengthy and full of photos from the event, as I volunteered to be the photographer, as well as a Judge’s Assistant. All of the competitive trail ride participants will be invited to view the pictures and save any they’d like for sharing or printing)
35 comments :
What great pictures! Very cute kidlet's!
oh my lisa you're a scary diva lol :)
i giggled at all of these photos
The horse and rider costumes were all so neat, you can tell a lot of thought went into all of them!!
I love your costume, so cool!! Love the last picture of Dobbie yawning, so cute!
The kids are all adorable in their costumes too!! So many good times!
The costumed riders & horses are too funny. I love the horse bride. LOL
Your kiddos look great, hope they had fun tonight.
Great shots! The arabian nights is deffinatly a fave, but the Zombie diva wins hands down!! :-))
When I saw that hat, I thought maybe zombie pimp LOL! The look on Dobbie's face in that first photo is priceless.
My friend, you look down right scarey in your zombie diva attire!! Loved the riders as well. Great job as always. :)
Some really good costumes.
You busy, busy woman, where do you find all that energy?
Very intriguing family costumes, sounds like you had a blast. Good thing you have an hour to sleep in today.
Oh my...I couldn't pick a favourite horse and rider...they're all amazing. Well done! and a charity ride too! Kudos to all involved.
These are great costumes - horses and riders! Love the Arabian Nights. And it looks like you had a nice sunny day for it, too.
They went all out for the costumes! I love it!!!!!! The arabian's costume was beautiful too. Looking forward to you pics in the next post.
sfg
Great pictures of the event! Love the first picture of you and Dobbie, the look on her face is priceless!! LOL
Can't wait till you get the other pictures posted, they will be wonderful as are all your pictures!!!
hugs...
Jane
(Love the music!)
You make a surprisingly convincing zombie diva. Don't know what that means about you...
I could just swoon over that gorgeous Arabian getup. And Theresa & Zema; wish they could hang out at our RenFest!
Hey, you look great! Love the costumes, and all the dressed up horses! GREAT PHOTOS!
Excellent. All the costumes are great.
Lisa, I want to say, you give the most encouraging words to non-participants!
You look "lovely" in that makeup! Now you can be a photographer and make up artist in Hollywood!
I have never seen all these horses so dressed up except at the Rose Parade!
The entries are all beautiful! Looking forward for more photos!
Ebie's Halloween Photo challenge.
You make one scary zombie diva. If there was ever a perfect song . . .
Your costume is awesome - how creative! Loved seeing the riders and their horses in costume. Everyone looks terrific - what fun!
Lisa
Do I love these shots...especially Arabian Nights. You are so consistent.
Fun!
that would of been a very cool trail ride to go on!
All of the pictures are wonderful!Good Job, you nailed it, right down to the music!
Wow! Your costume is great! In the first photos I think your doggy isn't really sure that's you. LOL Your kid's costumes were quite frightful too! Loved all the photos.
Wow! Your costume is great! In the first photos I think your doggy isn't really sure that's you. LOL Your kid's costumes were quite frightful too! Loved all the photos.
You make a perfect zombie! love the makeup and the kidlets look too cute. Where was Dobbies costume?
The horses were just adorable.
That looks like it was a lot of fun. Some well dressed horses there! And the look on Dobbies face in both photos is great - in the first one, she says, "yikes; she's scary!" and in the last one it's " come a leetle closer! I wants to bite you!"
Ok Cowgirl...you would really scare the horseshit out of me if I ran into you somewhere!!! I love that Dobby got into the spirit of things and got to go with you. I guess once a twin always a twin as they dressed alike. And of course your fairy Princess is beautiful!
I Love the bride and groom costume,how clever. None of them went to target to get their costumes...they are REAL. I do have an Indian Maiden costume and a saloon girl one...I don't know what else I would come up with???
That's a great spooky costume! Yes, Dobbie's face looks a little worried about her momma in that first one! Did you get to decorate Baby Doll too? Beautiful trail ride costumes, all very nice. Thanks for sharing with us.
Hahah great job Lisa! Thats so funny.
Awww, the bride and groom are so beautiful. :) And I really like your Zombie Diva costume, Lisa! Great job.
Wow! Those people go all out on their costumes! I love the Arabian Knights especially! And you can't blame the one who got teh Christmas Spirit after that snow y'all had! I only drove in it for maybe 10 minutes and it put me in the spirit too! I even caught hubby, the perpetual Scrooge, whistling Jingle Bells at one point, much to his shame.
Oh my Gosh!!! That is incredible!!! I love the creativity. Amazing. I do need to share that with Bentley!!!
You look positively evil. Were you wearing that around those horses? Did any of them worry that you were going to eat them? Thanks for sharing the pictures. Costumes, whether on humans or horses, are always fun.
Great costumes on the riders. It looks like a fun event.
Your little dog looked pretty unsure about being in your arms as the diva.
Well done.
Dan
My new barn had a Halloween party Saturday afternoon. There were a few great costumes, but unfortunately I'd forgotten about the party and didn't have my camera handy. My favorites were Dorothy (the rider) and her mount, Scarecrow (he even wore a straw hat hooked on one ear!), and the angel and devil pair -- the horse was the angel, and wore a bedsheet toga and a halo headband!
Next year maybe I'll dress up with Panama. I don't know if I can think of a costume that creative, though!
Post a Comment