I am so proud of you!!! Maybe a few more rides on this horse or another that you feel safe on would be really ggod for your confidence before you ride Baby Doll again. By the way Baby Doll is what I called my cousin when I told her she had to jump down that big ol' cliff!!!
Looks like a beautiful day in the Southwest. I know you were so happy to be out there doing the thing you love. I have property 10 miles west of Mountainair in what used to be Scholle off of hwy 60. I have not been out there in 2 years and I miss it terribly. I hope to build a home there someday so that I can ride the Manzano Mountains. I love your blog because it gives me a glimpse of what my life could be like if I could just sell my place here in Fl and get out there but until the market picks up I am stuck. Love your blog music too!
That is so cool. I am riding but unfortunately it is not on my own horses yet. I am at my bosses horses getting my confidence back first. Hopefully this spring I will be taking my horse to her stable and working with my own horses with someone to watch over my riding etc.
OH HAPPY DAY LISA! And you weren't sure this would ever happen again! How wonderful! I am so excited for you! Get your confidence up, have someone else ride BD to get that stuff ironed out. That is what I did, with my friend riding Jackson. When I saw Jackson being so good, I looked at her and told her we needed to switch horses. Again, I never had the issues medically that you did, just broken shoulder and numerous issues looking at the ground, but fear issues don't take those things into account do they! CONGRATULATIONS!!! ~Mindy
I have got the tee-shirt and read the book. Well done you for getting back on. Even if you decide not to take it any further, you have faced your demons. I am very proud of you. Well done!
"If you think your head isn't worth protecting....you might be right!"
The Ten Hiking Essentials
So true!
On Re-Homing an Animal:
"Sometimes, the greatest gift you can give an animal is to recognize that that they might be better off somewhere else and then finding that somewhere for them." and
"The best animal owners are the ones who recognize the animal's needs over the preservation of their own pride and selfishness."
New Mexico Roads
Click photo to check weather and road conditions!
NM Daytripper
Explore New Mexico Off-the-Beaten-Track
New Mexico Photo Blog
Check It Out!
Albuquerque Cheap Gas
Do you love New Mexico Chile?
Get Your Fix!
"You can't start the next chapter of your life if you just keep re-reading the last one!" ~ Margie Barnett
"Has anyone else noticed a pattern with the people who complain about drama and b.s. - that they are usually the ones doing it?" ~ Roxanne Ayers
"If you don't like what a feller says, then pay no attention to it" ~Suti Barns 1920
Good trail partners are not just about keeping pace – it is about riding with people who will inspire and encourage you. Good trail horses are generally made rather than found. The horses that have surmounted some baggage are doubly esteemed because they required their rider to dig a bit deeper. ~Horsebytes
"Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind." ~William Shakespeare
When it comes to horses, size doesn't matter. "Admire the tall and ride the small"
No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying
"You'll learn nothin' if only good things happen to you." ~Mary C. Clayton 1886
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward"
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..." ~ Dr. Seuss (Oh, the Places You'll Go!)
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."
Mark Twain 1835-1910
"Even though you've been bucked, kicked, bit 'n stomped, Never Give Up!" Cowgirl Tuff
"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
Check out the amazing movie about her incredible life! Click photo to visit her website!
In my opinion, a horse is the animal to have. One Thousand pounds of raw muscle, power, grace, and sweat between your legs.
It's something you just can't get from a pet hamster.
“Good photos are like good jokes. If you have to explain them, they just aren't that good.”
The way to avoid housework is to live outside.
~Sandra Blacksmith 1900
Pete Ramey, Natural Hoof Care
(Click photo to visit website)
For All Horse Owners and Everyone Who Loves Horses.
(Click book to visit website!)
A Family Undertaking: POV
A More Personal Approach to the Death of our Loved Ones
~Dear Zachary-A Letter to a Son about His Father"
(Heart Wrenching, Infuriating, Thought Provoking! (Click photo for more info)
A hard-core tear jerker! Have a box of tissues ready!
A True Story about the Life of a Loyal and Devoted Japanese Akita Dog
Das Experiment
Intense, Psychological Thriller based on The Stanford Prison Experiment (German Film with Sub-Titles)
A New Favorite Movie
"If I was on a desert island then I would have to get used to my own company - just me and the coconuts. I would have to accept myself, my warts and all. We don't get to choose our warts. They are part of us and we have to live with them. We can, however, choose our friends and I am glad I have chosen you."
Bringing Pure Joy to Children
Click to visit!
Hidalgo
“A horse is a horse, it ain´t make a difference what color it is.” ~John Wayne
"How fortunate for politicians that people do not think." ~Adolf Hitler
44 comments :
I am so proud of you!!! Maybe a few more rides on this horse or another that you feel safe on would be really ggod for your confidence before you ride Baby Doll again. By the way Baby Doll is what I called my cousin when I told her she had to jump down that big ol' cliff!!!
glad your getting back into the saddle lisa :) wish i could come along
Looks like a beautiful day in the Southwest. I know you were so happy to be out there doing the thing you love. I have property 10 miles west of Mountainair in what used to be Scholle off of hwy 60. I have not been out there in 2 years and I miss it terribly. I hope to build a home there someday so that I can ride the Manzano Mountains. I love your blog because it gives me a glimpse of what my life could be like if I could just sell my place here in Fl and get out there but until the market picks up I am stuck.
Love your blog music too!
For those views, I might even saddle up ole Jack,lol...
Congratulations on your success of getting back in the saddle. I know you missed it.
Have a great day.
Pam
That is AWESOME! Bet you were riding high! I'm looking forward to reading the words that go with the pictures.
That is so cool. I am riding but unfortunately it is not on my own horses yet. I am at my bosses horses getting my confidence back first. Hopefully this spring I will be taking my horse to her stable and working with my own horses with someone to watch over my riding etc.
I know it must feel really good!!!
Sandy
Yippee!!! Can't wait for the wordy blog about your weekend.
Woo!Hoo! You did an awesome job overcoming your fears. You are an inspiration!
yipppeeee! I am proud of you and know there is hope for me.
yipppeeee! I am proud of you and know there is hope for me.
Yay! Hooray!! Three cheers for you!!!
How's your knee? :) Wow, I can't believe the day we've all been waiting for finally arrived. Can't wait for the words to go with the pictures!
OH HAPPY DAY LISA! And you weren't sure this would ever happen again!
How wonderful! I am so excited for you! Get your confidence up, have someone else ride BD to get that stuff ironed out. That is what I did, with my friend riding Jackson. When I saw Jackson being so good, I looked at her and told her we needed to switch horses. Again, I never had the issues medically that you did, just broken shoulder and numerous issues looking at the ground, but fear issues don't take those things into account do they!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
~Mindy
yay! I am so happy for you Lisa. Can't wait to hear what the clinic report has to say.
YOU GO, GIRL!!! Looks like a nice ride and you were comfortable enough to take pics. Good for you!!
Woo and also Hoo! A big hug to you, I bet you just loved that ride!
Yippee!
but you're not on BabyDoll?
I love stopping by here and finding happy news!
I love stopping by here and finding happy news!
How cool it that?!? Way to go girl!! And it looked like a gorgeous day to spend in the saddle riding with friends...can't beat that!
Congratulations, looks like a good time on a good horse.
Yeah you !
I knew you couldn't be out of the saddle for too long !
Once a cowgirl always a cowgirl!
GO LISA!
((clap))((clap))((clap))
More more! LOL good job!
Looks like a beautiful ride!
Yay for you! bet it felt good!
*big grin*
Good for you, girl! Looks like a ton of fun, I wish I had so many people to ride with. Usually my trail rides are solitary meditations!
:-))) A blond on a redhead now thats rich..:-))
Yay for you!
Yay! You HAD to be feeling somewhat comfortable to be able to ride and take pictures!
Can't wait to hear about the weekend
WOW! Look at you girl! So glad you took the big step. Can't wait to hear more!
Beautiful Shots! I'm so happy you are back in the saddle again!! Go Lisa, Go Lisa, Go Lisa!! ((HUGS))
Way to go friend. You and Betty are my inspiration.
Dan
YES!!!
Yeah!!! Way to go Lisa!! I am so proud of you!!
Looked like a lovely day for a ride too!
All right! Glad to see you out there again, and such a beautiful day/scenery to enjoy.
so exciting? How did BD do?
Well done you... The pics look fab, great shadow ;)
:) Can't wait to hear more....
I have got the tee-shirt and read the book. Well done you for getting back on. Even if you decide not to take it any further, you have faced your demons. I am very proud of you. Well done!
love Janet xx
WooHoo!
Congratulations girl!
Way to go Lisa bet you felt on top of the world.
Yea!!! You are riding again, how FUN!!! Great pictures, with the weather here would be nice so I could get in just one little ride!
What a beautiful sunny day in the Southwest... I'm jealous! :)
Post a Comment