“Whoever said it was a lovely day for a ride didn’t consider the horse who would be carrying everyone. Ya know, people, this is naptime for the horsie”
“C’Mon, Apache. Won’t you please wake up and take me for a ride, good girl?”
“Look over there, Jenna. Yalla!’s not carrying anyone around. That should be me”
“Yeh, but Apache, Yalla! is not even a year old yet. She’ll be carrying humans around one day when she’s older”
“Well, how about the llamas, then? Why aren’t they working?”
“They’re not built as solid and as strong as you are, Apache, and their backs and gaits aren’t as comfortable as a horse’s. But they do work, Apache. Catlinite guards the sheep and goats and keeps them safe from stray dogs and coyotes. And Cataleya wears a backpack full of supplies and carries them into the mountains when we go hiking. Maybe one day, you can pony Cataleya out onto the trails. Wouldn’t that be fun?!”
“Um…….do I have a choice?”
“Poor Apache. It’s becoming a very warm day. Here enjoy a nice, cool drink”
Apache says, ”It really is a lovely day for a………...nap”
27 comments :
That is perfect that she can fall asleep with your daughter on her back.
That is so sweet!! She obviously loves Jenna!! I love how some horses are so in tune when they have a child on board!
That is so sweet that Apache is relaxed and careful with Jenna. I bet Jenna just loves it. Looks like it won't be long till her feet reach the stirrups.
It's also great that Apache is settling in so well. Love the pix from your previous post. I'm so happy for you!
Our gelding will tuck his nose behind my back at a horse show and dose right off with my daughter still mounted. We laugh that he tries to hide the fact he's sleeping!
Good horses like your Apache are hard to come by - he's a keeper!
That last picture is just too funny!
Apache just wants a nap! She looks soooooo relaxed, great horse. Gilly likes kids but is a little afraid of them on his back, don't know why? He did like the little girl that rode him who is a really good rider though. Once she took the reins he knew she could ride and he was OK then.
So glad you found Apache, she is such a wonderful horse for you and your family!!! Such a beautiful girl she is and now she was a wonderful home with your family. So glad for all of you!!!
hugs....
Jane and Gilly
I have to agree with Apache...looks like a great day for a nap....
She has such an expressive face. Horses and kids just seem to go together.
What a doll! Jenna looks great up there ! And Apache seems to know she has precious cargo!
I'm so happy that Apache is working out so well for the whole family. Jenna must have some instinct regarding horses---did she ever want to get on BD?
Sweet commentary from Apache--I'm trying to imagine what her "voice" sounds like... Maybe "patient old school marm?"
Great post and pictures.
Dan
I always feel bad when I have to wake up Jose from a nap to go ride. He doesn't like it either!
- The Equestrian Vagabond
Love your commentary, that made me laugh! What a great girl she is for your other sweet girl:)
What a delightful picture story!
It's wonderful that your whole family can enjoy her!
LOl that was cute! I rode today too and Drew was falling asleep. We stopped and chatted in the middle and when I asked him to walk off again he sort of fell into the walk. lol
What a pair! Apache seems to be so relaxed..that is a really good thing!! :)
So sweet. Apache is so relaxed.
They are both adorable!
Great commentary. Jenna looks totally relaxed too; what a pair!
I think you will have to look for another horse...This one is for Jenna.
I like that last shot especially!
Cute Story -line!! Apache is so gentle with Jenna.
Patrina <")>><
Awww! Jenna is so cute up there on Apache, and Apache looks like he is so good with Jenna riding! Yep, you got yourself an amazing horse Lisa!
Very cute comments, through Liss, Apache mare..she got it all right. You totally did not need her to translate the tongue!
Kac
Mike says he has fond memories of a horse, Shadow, that always sensed the riding/skill level of his riders. Jenna and Apache are adorable together.
Post a Comment