Sunday, May 2, 2010

Macro Monday ~ Bee Butt

 

I captured this photo of a little bee visiting our peach tree last week.

IMG_9847

 

This photo was taken yesterday. I wonder if the bee ended up with a frozen butt?

IMG_0025

(Photos taken with my Canon PowerShot SX110 IS)

Check out Macro Monday for more close-up up shots from around the world.

24 comments :

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Great photos

Michelle said...

Wow....these photos are stunning. When you finally decide to do a coffee table book, sign me up! ;)

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Great shots , such lovely detail!

Shirley said...

Your camera has amazing Macro!

Unknown said...

Snow needs to go away! It's raining out right now I am sitting next to the window listening to it.

Anonymous said...

what a hungry little bee and excellent on capturing that moment

Ed said...

Thats classic, great shot! Think we should do an animal butts challenge for SS??

colleen said...

Amazing little butt! Hope the snow leaves you soon, I know you're sick of it after all you've gotten this year.

Jeni said...

wow great Bee shot Lisa!!!! Even though you are sick of the snow, the ice/snow crusted apple blossom picture is breath taking.

Have a great day!
~Jeni

Beth said...

Wonderful photography!

Louise said...

Wow! Those pictures are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Good shots - I hope his little butt didn't get frozen, he has lots of work to do. You have snow - and I was complaining about the 3.8 inches of rain we had this weekend.

CTG Ponies said...

Great shots! I really hope you get some sunshine and balmy weather soon.

lisa said...

We will be getting our honey bees sometime at the end of this month, and hopefully we won't have to worry about frozen butts! Hope that darn snow leaves for good soon!

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

awesome macro's. Are the peach blossoms gone now?

Anonymous said...

Great shots!! :)

Once Upon an Equine said...

Beautiful pictures. That little guy is really taking his job seriously.

Deb said...

I bet his little butt was frozen....great photos...

Mom L said...

Ditto to every other comment! Your macro photos are absolutely stunning. And have I told you I love Apache's eye?

Nancy in Iowa

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa,
The pictures are beautiful, but I just can't imagine snow this time of year!
We are bracing for those awful storms that were so bad in TN,MS,LA,AL, and Kentucky to go through here.(I am so sorry to hear about the deaths and destruction in the Southern states this weekend)
Hoping ours won't be that bad here.

Also read your book review. It is good you gave your honest thoughts for it.

Have a great day.
Pam

Bella said...

Awesome first picture! :D I wouldn't want to get close up in real life to a bee... I don't know why, but I kind of have a phobia of them. I always have. :P

~Lydia
www.stewylydia.blogspot.com

Far Side of Fifty said...

The bee butt..I loved it..it was a great photo! The snow on the blossoms is very pretty too..well as pretty as snow can be this time of year ( We may get some later this week..it is barely above freezing.):)

jane augenstein said...

What a cute little fuzzy bee butt!!! Great shots, Lisa!!!
hugs....
Jane

gtyyup said...

I love these two photos! Perfect contrasts, but gorgeous each in their own...hmmmm...Frozen bee butt LOL!