Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sunday Stills ~ The Letter B

 

This week’s Sunday Stills Challenge was to photograph subjects that begin with the letter B.

I had fun with this challenge, as you will soon see…….

1)Bears at the Rio Grande Zoo, in Albuquerque, NM.

IMG_9159

 

2)Bridle and Bit worn by my mare, Apache.

IMG_9513

 

3)Boots at the Boot Barn, in Albuquerque, NM.

IMG_0176

 

4)Buckles at the Boot Barn, in Albuquerque, NM.

IMG_0182

 

5)Bridge on I-40, in Tijeras, NM.

IMG_0184

 

6)Bicycle in Tijeras, NM, a meaningful Memorial for a bicyclist slain along this stretch of road.

IMG_0185

7)Bubbles, in an experiment using my daughter’s bubbles from her bath, backlit by a light bulb.

IMG_0163

 

8)Barn in Edgewood, NM, at my friend’s house during a recent goat milk testing meeting.

IMG_0273

 

9)Bucket of ‘scrap’ goat’s milk.

IMG_0325

 

10)Buck, in other words, a male un-wethered goat, over at my friend’s farm.

IMG_0254 

 

11)B*lls, B*tt and Bye-Bye!

IMG_0249

Which ones were your favorite?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

And finally, one last B!

Bra, an award given to me by Sidney over at Science vs Tradition.

Blog_Super_support_award_sm[1]

This award is for those bloggers who support us and  inspire us.  I choose to pass this award onto Ed over at Thoughts from the Road because he has been a huge support for many folks over the past year while inspiring all of us, who have chosen to participate in Sunday Stills each week, to challenge our photo taking skills and creativity. Thanks Ed!

Enjoy your Bra!

(To save your award, just right click and choose Save. You can choose to give this award to as many bloggers as you choose, just be sure to link back to them when you do.)



36 comments :

Cheryl Ann said...

Lisa, very entertaining post! I like the bra award, too!!! What fun!

Gail said...

Beautiful, breath taking, bonifide Bs. Loved them all. Happy Mother's Day, Gail

StefRobrts said...

I love the look on that buck's face - he's hilarious!

Louise said...

I liked the effect of the bubbles backlit by the yellow bulb. It looks like crackled glass.

gtyyup said...

Way to go Lisa! LMAO...I'm sure Ed will wear his award proudly ;~)

When we get to NM someday...we're gonna shop at the Boot Barn! My kinda place!

Anonymous said...

Great choices. The last one gave me a giggle. :)

Ed said...

Thanks!!! Of all the B'S I think you know which is my fave..;-)

jane augenstein said...

Oh, great post, Lisa! I love the shiny belt buckles but I think the funniest one is the last one, backside of the buck goat! LOL
hugs....
Jane

Anonymous said...

I like the bubbles, glad to see I'm not the only one that sees things like that and thinks "I gotta get my camera out!"

Jeni said...

HAHAHAHA!!!! Love that LAST picture!

Kateri said...

That bubble shot is pretty cool.

The Equestrian Vagabond said...

hahaha! the BB&B is best of course!
- The Equestrian Vagabond

Sherry Sikstrom said...

great shots! the bubbles are really different

Unknown said...

The bubbles one is cool!

And geeze!! the anatomy of that goat. LOL

Janice said...

Very nice, I don't have a fave, they were all good.Mine are going to be late Sun.

Patrinas Pencil said...

You make me laugh. I thot you were creative with all of them... but that last shot the kicker.

Happy Mother's day, my friend

Anonymous said...

the bubbles are definitly an outstanding photo!

Desert Rose said...

of course my favorite is balls, butt, and by!!! You raunchy cowgirl!!
So sorry I have been absent lately, the bi-annuel migration was in Progress! I an in PDX now...horses arrive in 2 weeks!!!
I should be back to my normal schedule sometime next week!!! How are you and Apaches doing??? Have you gotten any rides lately???

D. said...

AAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Loved the post. It was so good to see you and I really had a great time sharing horse stories and laughing our butts off! Seriously girl, I wish we lived closer - I think we'd have lots of laughs together! Also, thanks for buying the soaps. I finally have milk again so I'll be making more soon!
Blessings!

Beth said...

Hey you have Niggies too! Handsome fella!

Love the bubbles, that really turned out neat.

I got my package yesterday . . . . THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I will post on my blog too. . .

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

My favorite is the bridge. Actually the ridge behind it. Makes me homesick for Tijeras. I need to get down there and visit some old friends and take a hike.

Anonymous said...

Great choices - even the butts!

Anonymous said...

Great choices - even the butts!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great shots Lisa..I also loved your goat shots..BUT..the Bicycle was an awesome memorial to someone..very touching:)

Deb said...

good job...has to be the bridge and the butts....

Amy said...

I love the photo of the bubbles myself; they look really cool with the backlight. All of your Bs are great ones though, I like the variety. :D

Anonymous said...

Oh! The buck is adorable! But the last one had me laughing pretty hard!

Sandy Trefger said...

Ha, ha! Wonderfully entertaining and funny post! Fabulous photos too. :)

Leah Fry said...

How funny. Sorry, but I love the naughty bits LOL!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't figure how you did the bubble shot! I love the black and white boot shot!
http://picturesbybrenda.blogspot.com/

LuLo Designs/Blue Eyed Tango said...

Lisa, this was so good! I liked them all but the end just gave me a belly laugh on Mother's Day! The bubble photo was really cool! Hope you had a great day! Luanne

CTG Ponies said...

All great pics and I'm sure Ed really appreciated the bra ;)

I wish we had a place like the Boot Barn here! We are in horse country but it's mostly English. Finding anything remotely Western is a challenge and you have to travel pretty far.

Anonymous said...

Very different and smart collection of Bs! :D
My favourite shot is the fresh bicycle in the dry land. I like the bra idea as well! LOL!

~WildBlack

allhorsestuff said...

I love the bubbles...really fascinated me!
I laughed out loud that you gave ED the Support Bra!! Too blame hilarious!
XO
Kac

cdncowgirl said...

My fav is the backlit bubbles.

(and that you gave Ed a bra award! lol)

Shirley said...

Too funny! Hey, I think you're the only one who did a Bridge- and Balls!