Monday, July 12, 2010

Macro Monday ~ Wildflower Hike

 

I’ve not been taking as many photos as I usually do, especially not macro shots. But before the kids and I left the house for a hike, one of my twinlings reminded me to bring my camera. And I’m glad he did as there were many wildflowers in the meadows to enjoy, as we hiked the trails.

Indian Paintbrush

IMG_2002

 

IMG_2006

I’m not sure what this flower is, but it sure is pretty.

IMG_2023

(These photos are all SOOC, using my Canon Powershot. No editing, except for adding my watermark.)

Check out Macro Monday to see close-up photos from around the world.



22 comments :

Michele said...

Oh I really have to say you done a brilliant job on all of these! I especially enjoy the last purple and yellow one ... that fantastic!

small farm girl said...

The colors are so brillent!

small farm girl said...

The colors are so brillent!

Leah Fry said...

Beautiful! Ours have been done for about a month already.

Lori Skoog said...

Beautiful shots Lisa! I have no clue as to how you add your watermark..is it difficult? How is Apache doing? You sure had a great time with your trail ride.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots. T+Your Paintbrush looks different from the Texas variety. And the blue flower is very pretty. I'd love to have them both in my yard. :)

Deb said...

I love Indian Paint brushes....

Anonymous said...

I especailly love the first shot. I could just pick it right off the page.

Unknown said...

That last one looks like a flower here but I can't think of the name.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos! Your purple flower may be a member of the nightshade family (but maybe not).

Gail said...

Cannot identify this beautiful weed.

Great beauty.

CTG Ponies said...

Beautiful flowers! The last one almost looks like a silk flower.

Ed said...

Great shots! I miss the flowers already..:-)

strivingforsavvy said...

Beautiful! You have a talent for taking good pictures!

Crystal said...

Wow those are beautiful shots and so clear, i ahve to practice more to get sharper pictures

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

You know, I'm always impressed by your macros. My husband commented that one of the reasons why he chose my Canon camera for me was because it had a Zeiss lens. Since our models are so similar, you probably have that same brand of lens. Now that I'm using a DSLR Nikon, I find myself getting frustrated over having to change lenses between my macro when I stumble upon a flower, my prime 50mm lens, which fits well attached to the camera in my backpack, and my telephoto lens for those long shots. I think my Canon point-and-shoot is all I should take with me when I'm hiking.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

I always love the unedited photos; it shows me if the photographer has an eye. If a photographer has an eye, that's what matters most. All the editing in the world won't make up for lacking an eye.
And girl...you've got the eye.

jane augenstein said...

Beautiful flower pictures, the last on looks like it's made of crepe paper! Very nice!
hugs...
Jane

Tina said...

Amazing pictures.

Beth said...

Beautiful!

Amy said...

I'm very glad you took your camera along because these are gorgeous photos. Every little detail is clear in that first image.

Amy said...

I'm very glad you took your camera along because these are gorgeous photos. Every little detail is clear in that first image.