This week’s Sunday Stills Challenge was truly a challenge, but lots of fun, too! It was impossible to use any archives because the main challenge was to capture a photo with BOTH the low tech subject and high tech subject in the same photo. Not something that typically happens naturally.
So here is what I came up with:
1. Oil Lantern vs. Battery Lantern
2. Hand-written Letters vs. E-Mail
3. Candle vs. Lightbulb
4. Acoustic vs. Electric
5. Hay-Powered vs. Gas-Powered Transportation
6. Hand-washed dishes vs. Electric Dishwasher
7. Dictionary Book Search vs Internet Search Engine
8.Cooking over an open-fire vs Microwave cooking
9. Weed-Powered Weed Eaters vs Electric Weed Trimmer
10a. Recording history via Petroglyphs vs History Book
10b. I just couldn’t help but include this photo with my Dobbie girl, too. Which one do you like better?
11. Baking bread in a wood-fired Horno vs an Electric Breadmaker
“Hey, how’s this thing work? Is this the ‘On’ Button?”
Which photo is your favorite?
28 comments :
LOL I LOVE the weed eaters!
Loved these...they all made smile! Favourite is the first one.
Love the lanterns!! great shot!
and I love the one with Dobbi! she is so cute.
You worked really hard on this one, carrying around a history book on your hike and a bread machine to the horno! I thought about horse versus auto but never got the photo. I think the light bulb/candle picture came out great!~
Oh wow!! Interesting or what! you really did think about this one. I love the lamp photo, it is beautiful. The goat and strimmer made me laugh so much.
I couldnt live without google and the microwave by the fire is brilliant.
Here is Mine
That is a lot of creativity going on! Great job, I liked them all, the thoughts, the creation, the time it took to do all this!!!
I shall have to say my favorite is the lanterns, the contrast of dark and light, new and old...just created a picture that made me sigh.
Your take on this challenge was perfection. But, I'd like to know, did you tote that breadmaker out to the horno??? Loved seeing Apache with the hay in her mouth. :)
Great job! The best! I like them all.
Thanks for MANY smiles this morning!! I love the one of the van and Apache, but just as she was stuffing her face, it would have been cool to show the gas nozzle in the tank. Same amount of dollar signs!
Very creative.
You had a bit of fun with this one, did'nt you? Excellent job and I love the shot of the lanterns and the fire/microwave..:-))
wow, you did fantastic! Lots of great comparisons.
You put a lot of thought into this. Did you use it as a home school project with the kids? I burst out laughing at the photo of Apache with hay hanging out of her mouth next to your van. And, as usual, all the photos are great. Your composition is impeccable.
These are hilarious! And nicely done shots as well. I don't think I could pick a favorite, but you gotta love schlepping the microwave outside!
Really nice. As always!
Thanks everyone!
Yes, I did tote that bulky breadmaker out to the horno. I took that photo at the Petroglyph National Monument, so I had to ask for permission to take photos first. It wouldn't have ben easy to sneak in a breadmaker. lol!
~Lisa
LOVE your lanterns! Good job on all!
I like Apache with the hay in her mouth. All are great pictures.
Dan
As always, you have out done yourself! Great.
Absolutely the first one! Just fab :)
Oh I like the lanterns..hands down..that is the best shot I have seen so far! Good Job. My old toaster is from the 1920's or 1930's..back when you still had to slice your own bread:)
yeah, the Weed Eaters are the best!
- The Equestrian Vagabond
The first photo is the best, but the hay-burner and weed-power had me laughing out loud!
I love the weed eaters too! but I might be biased....
Love the goaties. But then, I love goaties, anyways.
I loved the lighting with the first one. Also chuckled at the hay burner complete with hay hanging out of her mouth and the vehicle.
Wow, you did really good on this one!!!!
Good post! Horse and van is my favorite!
jane
:) :) truely amazing collections, especially i loved the weedeater. The 1st pic outstanding
LOVE this! What work you put into this post. Most appreciate by this reader, my friend.
Post a Comment