Monday, December 27, 2010

Macro Monday ~ Frost Crystals

 

 

(All photos taken on Christmas Day using my Canon PowerShot SX 110 IS. All SOOC except for adjusting contrast and adding a watermark)

IMG_7130

Blue Grama Grass Seed Head

IMG_7110

Honeysuckle Leaves

 

IMG_7119

Juniper Tree Branch

IMG_7121

Check out Macro Monday to participate.



25 comments :

Gail said...

Chillingly beautiful!

colleen said...

So beautiful. It's amazing the shots you get with that camera.

Have a good day today!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

I didn't venture outside to get that close up. LOL

Ed said...

Very cool!!! Great shots..:-)

Unknown said...

Those are beautiful frost pictures. When it gets all thick like that and you can see it on everything like white snow its called hoar frost. We get it a few times a year I hope I get a chance before I leave for school.

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

frosty photo's, interesting

Louise said...

Beautiful! But, what's SOOC?

Sherry Sikstrom said...

your world looks sugar coated !

Jocelyn said...

Oh you brave girl for going outside int at weather! I am not about to do that !
"cool" pictures though!

Cheryl Ann said...

Cool shots, Lisa!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Louise:

Straight Out Of Camera (SOOC)

~Lisa

DesertHen said...

Ice makes for some beautiful formations. Wonderful shots you captured.

Happy Day to you!

Rising Rainbow said...

Very beautiful, Lisa.

KD said...

WOW ! Really love the grass seed head.... beautiful!

Dom said...

Beautiful.

Vaquerogirl said...

I hate the cold and snow- but your beautiful pictures ALMOST make me wish I was there with you! :)
Thanks for going out so I won't have to!

Beautiful!

Judy Johnson said...

These are absolutely beautiful! What great detail they show! We have had lots of fog this winter and it sure makes for some neat photo ops!

Anonymous said...

those are lovely! I need to learn to take shots like these!

CTG Ponies said...

Pretty but BRRR!!

lisa said...

Those are just beautiful!

The Equestrian Vagabond said...

ice is magical - i love it! nice shots!
- The Equestrian Vagabond

AareneX said...

awesome shots...and I am totally un-jealous.

(cold weather = bah)

Deb said...

beautiful...Happy New Year....hope you have a wonderful 2011

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Thanks everyone. I'm very proud of these photos. Had to take quite a few to have some share-able ones.

Believe it or not, the weather wasn't all that cold that morning. Probably 40 degrees and no snow. I was outside in just my jammies taking those pics. The frost was caused by the mix of warm and cold air mixing together to form fog. All the other frost had melted by 8am.
This little patch of frost was saved because it was at the back of our house tucked away in the shade.

Thanks again for all the nice comments.

~Lisa

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great frost crystals..they are all great macros..in your jammies huh..??I do the same thing..well not lately..but when it gets warmer I love to wander the yard in the early morning:)