This week’s Sunday Stills Challenge is a Photography Potluck, basically just sharing any interesting subject matter participants would like.
I chose to share some photos from a recent letterboxing adventure my kidlets and I had on a beautiful pedestrian/bike bridge that travels alongside Interstate-40, and spans the mighty Rio Grande River, on the western side of Albuquerque.
The entire bridge is a unique and interesting piece of art, with something to see and enjoy at every turn. Arches are spaced evenly across the bridge and showcase painted metal sculptures of animals that live along the Rio Grande River Bosque.
The following metal footprints, plants, and fish are all embedded into the concrete along the entire span of the bridge.
A decorated wall at the far western side of the bridge.
It was a lot of fun finding a Letterbox on this bridge. We probably would have never walked across it if the letterbox had not been placed here.
The milk chocolate-colored, muddy Rio Grande River.
Can you see us waving goodbye?
I’d like to say a huge thank you to all of you who left such wonderful compliments on my Sunday Stills Self-Portrait post last week. You all were just so kind and generous with your comments and really made me feel much better about my “unique” Lithuanian facial features. I created a post just for you, last week, which you can visit with this link: Warm and Fuzzy
I also want to thank Ed of Sunday Stills for his dedication and creativity coming up with fun challenges for all of us each week. I so appreciate the wonderful prize, the Manfrotto Monopod and Ballhead, I won for the Sunday Stills Contest, too. I’ll be sure to share some photos I’ve been taking with it very soon.
20 comments :
This stroll was a treat! The art is amazing, love the foot prints.
Did you see me waving back?
these are all very cool lisa
What a beautiful bridge! I love all of the symbolism in the artwork. The Rio Grande sure is muddy!! I think the Mississippi is misnamed, and the Rio Grande should be called "The Big Muddy"!! :)
You find such unique places to share with us; it seems that New Mexico is a very artistic state. Those footprints are really neat! The Rio Grande should be called the Rio Rojo. Is it always that color?
Yet another reason to visit NM. I love the last shot!
That place looks neat. I'll have to check it out.
Gorgeous shotss as always!. you live in such a pretty area with amazing and vibrant colors!
What a beautiful bridge! Thank you for sharing it with us. Love the photo with all of you waving...very creative!
Happy Sunday to you.
I've seem that bridge and had no idea the cool artwork was there. Great shots and thanks for the kind comment..:-)
Great photos. What a fantastic walk! Love the rich red water.
Very nice pictures. Thanks for sharing. Congrats on winning the monopod. I have one of that model and I have used it a lot.
Dan
Wow! That's a muddy river! I love the artwork on the arches and in the path. I think you guys must have a LOT of public art compared to up here. I can't wait to visit someday, if we are ever free to travel around a bit.
What a cool place! I will make it to Albuquerque one of these years. Great photos. Sound like you are enjoying yourself.
What a creative bridge to take a walk on. Quite unique!
What a cool bridge. I had no idea that Albuquerque had such a cool bridge but then when I was there I never got off the fairgrounds except for some meals. I guess maybe I should do some sight seeing when I'm at horse shows. I'm missing a lot.
what a lovely place and beautiful shots.
That looks like a cool bridge. I like the footprints and the decorated wall. Heres me waving back to you guys.
How could you not take pictures of such a cool place? I particularly like the animal sculptures on the arches. Look, a flying turtle! lol
Excellent as always! What a fantastic bridge. Guessing letterboxing is like geocaching? I agree, I love when a cache takes me someplace I wouldn't normally get to.
Hi Lisa, I loved this series of photos very interesting with the foots prints and plant material embedded in the walkways..it must have been a great adventure! Thanks for sharing! The river sure is muddy. Great waving photo!:)
Post a Comment