Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday Stills ~ Best Shots of 2010

 

This week’s Sunday Stills Challenge is always a difficult one for me, trying to choose just one favorite shot from the previous year. But thankfully I don’t have to, because Ed said to post as many favorites as we’d like. I was still pretty fickle and chose only my top favorites, discarding any that didn’t meet my criteria. But, beware, there’s still a lot of photos to look through.

Here are my chosen favorites of 2010:

1)From “Metal”

Metal

 

2)From a “Day in the Life”

Adayinthelife

3)From “Fruit”

Fruit

4)From “Black and White”

BlackandWhite

5)From “History”

History

6)From “Moods and Emotions”

MoodsEmotions

 

7)From “Potluck”

potluck3

8)From “Rule of Thirds”

RuleofTirds2

9)From “Potluck”

potluck

10)From “Rule of Thirds”

IMG_1773

11)From “Sports”

sports2

12)From “Hands”

Hands

13)From “Hands”

Hands2

14)From “Valentine’s Day”

ValentinesDay

15)From “Rule of Thirds”

RuleofThirds

16)From “Shoes”

IMG_2946

17)From “Rule of Thirds”

LongHorn

I think my favorite Sunday Still Challenge for 2010 has to be “Rule of Thirds”. There is something so interesting and challenging about working towards the goal of fitting your photos into the scientific, mathematical, and creative aspect of photography using perspective and subject placement. It just makes for a more pleasing and interesting photo.

I took all of the above photos with my little point and shoot camera (Canon Powershot SX 110 IS) with very little editing for most of them using Picnik or just a basic Windows program to adjust contrast and add a watermark.

Which are your favorites?

 

Happy 2011 Everyone!



31 comments :

thecrazysheeplady said...

You are one of my all time favorite photographers. Always good. I'm picking the bald eagle, but the black and white shot is a close second.

Louise said...

I like number 4 the best. There's just something about it that draws you into the picture.

lisa said...

Of course, the best is what you do! Love them all and Happy New Year!

Ed said...

All are great but if I had to pick its the hands pic, thats worthy of a poster..:-))

Jeni said...

I love the hand print on Apache's rump ! I'd have that framed sitting on my mantel if I could.

I also like the long horn... and any with the your kidlets..

Dom said...

Dog+shoes=dead of cuuuuute

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Those are some really great shots! I like the eagle and your baseball guy best.

Shirley said...

The eagle and the one of your son warming up for baseball are my top two, closely followed by the hand on Apache's rump. Well done, Lisa!

colleen said...

They are all great. Each has an intent all it's own. I happen to love the one of your twin,can't tell em apart, and Dobbie in shoes. Somehow I missed that one this year.

Oregon Equestrian said...

Great trip through the Sunday Stills year. Can't pick a favorite.

jane augenstein said...

Love them all, Lisa! But Dobie in her little shoes has got to be the one for me!! Priceless!
It's not the camera that makes these shots so great it's the photographer, you!!!
hugs...
jane

Maery Rose said...

These are beautiful photos. I can see why they are favorites. I'm hoping to improve my photography skills this year. You obviously already know many of the things I hope to learn.

Rising Rainbow said...

Me, I liked the metal but then you know me and horses. I have eyes for them only. LOL

I haven't figured out the watermark thing yet. I need to get that done and get back to working on taking pics. I've been away for too long.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I love them all, but for some reason the giraffes stood out (no pun intended) for me in this bunch.

Celeste said...

Valentines Day and Shoes are definitely my favorites, so many lovely shots.
Happy New Year to you and your family.

gtyyup said...

So hard to pic a fav!!! You always take such awesome pics...but I've got to go with the eagle...the color and detail are perfect.

Cheers to another year of challenges!

Gail said...

Valentine, Black and White, Sports...had to type that quickly before I forgot!

They are all blue ribbon photos.

flowerweaver said...

I think Shoes is my pic. I've been absent awhile, so I'm seeing many of these for the first time. But seeing Dobbie Girl in those shoes just brought a great big smile! I remember when you found each other, and love to see her in your photos.

DesertHen said...

Love, love, love them all! You do a wonderful job with your photography and I love that you do very little editing.

Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

Way too many to pick a favorite, I just liked them all. :)

KD said...

They are all awesome, but my personal favorite is the longhorn.

Anonymous said...

i really adore - 6)From “Moods and Emotions”


<3 so adorable

Vaquerogirl said...

I love the black and whites, the Hands and the one with the blowing toilet curtain! I also like the shoes with your doggie and ... well shoot! I love them all! How could you pick?
Keep 'em coming in 2011!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

I love them all , but the black and white of your kids was one fav and the valentines horses

The Equestrian Vagabond said...

they're all good, but of COURSE my favorite one is the Raven!
- The Equestrian Vagabond

Anonymous said...

These are all fantastic, Lisa! I love the Horses on Valentine's Day! That could be a poster!
Happy New Year!

CTG Ponies said...

Great shots!! I like the Rules of Thirds shots the best.

Unknown said...

Isn't that such an awesome little camera? I have one too - its my "go to" camera. People can't get over that I do alot of my photographs with one.

You just do not need a giant expensive camera to take quality photos.

Unknown said...

I like shoes for the smile factor and baseball player for composition...

The Wades said...

Max was just reading over my shoulder and expressed what a great photographer you are. I agree, my talented friend! Can't wait to see the pics for 2011.

Unknown said...

I love your pictures. Is it just new mexico or your pictures but they are always so bright and cheery.

I love the hands one with the paint on Apache's bum.