Sunday, March 20, 2011

Pizza Stallions

 

IMG_9356


No……not that kind of pizza.





Li-Pizza-Ners……






The Lipizzaner Stallions!



IMG_9327

IMG_9320

 

IMG_9310

IMG_9203



Ranchman John and I attended the afternoon show, then afterwards did some letterboxing, and then after that, went out to dinner. So, I’m exhausted and am heading to bed and will create a full post later. For now I’ll just give y’all a sneak peek from the show.



IMG_9212

 

 

 

 

IMG_9243

 

 

 

IMG_9230



No….that’s not a Lipizzaner….that’s a 17hh Dutch Friesian Horse named Elvis!

He was gorgeous! Oooh! la! la!

IMG_9290

 

 

 

IMG_9266

 

IMG_9274

 

IMG_9268



More photos and stories from the show and our busy day coming soon…..



13 comments :

lisa said...

I have been lucky to see these big guys and I was just awed by it. I bet you had a great time.

Gail said...

These horses have always fascinated me. I shall never forget the movie of their escape to safey during war times.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

My mom and I went last night. Great show, wasn't it?

Dreaming said...

Sounds like it was a great day. Love, love, love the pictures. Drool!

ellie k said...

I live near the winter training ranch for these horses. The ranch is open Oct. through March I think and you can go tour the ranch and watch training.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

I saw them here years ago. Such incredible athletes and so beautiful!

Jeni said...

I have never seen one of these performances =( I feel I need to.

Love those pictures Lisa !

Dan and Betty said...

Great, great pictures. We went the last time they were here and really enjoyed it.

Dan

CTG Ponies said...

How beautiful they are!!

Ed said...

Way cool! I saw them as a kid. Now thats some talented horses and riders..:-)

Sandy ~~~ said...

Love pic #6....great composition and color!

Achieve1dream said...

No fair! There wasn't a Friesian when I went to see the Lipizzaners. Lucky. I'm glad you had fun.

The Wades said...

Gorgeous for sure!