On the way home from Chimayo and Santa Fe a few weeks ago, we stopped by the Garden of the Gods, along the scenic Turquoise Trail, so we could climb to the top of one of the sandstone rock ridges and enjoy the views.
I took a few photos of Jax and Jem after I climbed back down.
Looking Northwest.
Looking Southwest.
In this photo the sky looked like it was going to crack open and pour rain, but it never did. We haven’t seen any rain in New Mexico since last August. Eight months without any real moisture and we are all thinking about doing a Native American Rain Dance before fire season begins.
The clouds just move on and the sun keeps on shining.
12 comments :
That's a fun place. Great pictures.
Dan
There's plenty of extra precipitation here in the Swamp, if you'd like to come get some--today is the first TRUE sunshine in forever.
I sure WISH I could send you some rain! We are positively soggy with it in the NW!
Beautiful sky shots!
Fantastic photos!!!
Beautiful ! How did you get up there none of your pictures shows an "easy" way.
If I could share some rain I would !
Cool, and lucky you that the clouds just kept on going!
That's a cool place, isn't it?
Love the clouds.
Beautiful pictures. Love the sky. I'm always in awe of the skies out west they are so dramatic.
these pictures are spectacular!
oh so beautiful...great photos...
New heights indeed...I got dizzy just looking at the photos....lol. Love the shot of the boys waving to you!
Fantastic shots, did'nt the snow melt help any?
Post a Comment