Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday Stills ~ In The Sky

 

I just got home from our hiking and camping trip out in western New Mexico and I’m still trying to go through all of my photos. But here are a few that should work well for this week’s Sunday Stills Challenge:

This vulture prowling above our heads over the El Malpais Wilderness on the Zuni-Acoma Trail was in the sky.

IMG_1950

A Ponderosa Pine Tree is certainly tall enough to be in the sky.

IMG_1823

 

Inscription Rock at El Morro National Monument near Ramah, New Mexico has a prominent place in the sky.

IMG_1898 

And we can’t forget that rainbows are in the sky. This was our view from our BLM campsite on Friday night.

IMG_1714

And of course, clouds are in the sky, too. A view from Inscription Rock at El Morro National Monument.

IMG_1885



21 comments :

Deb said...

beautiful photos...we had a rainbow friday night...but not that pretty....

Once Upon an Equine said...

Those are stunning picture! I just love the sky when it is a deep blue like that. Looks like you had a great camping trip.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning. When are you going to publish your New Mexico photo tour book? :)

StefRobrts said...

Those clouds look like you cooked them up in photoshop (I know you didn't) - they are all so perfect and puffy!

Vaquerogirl said...

Girl, no matter what else- your photos are just beautiful! Your eye and attention to color is absolutly breathtaking. I want to vist NM so much, especially after viewing your blog!

I was thinking about you the other day. I'm putting my horse up for sale and I remembered your dilemma when you changed your own mounts. Your courage fortified my very own decision. Thank you so much:)

Maery Rose said...

Love the photos, especially the rainbow.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

A tree bleeding forit's brothers that were chopped down?

Great that you had a good tramping holiday.

Horses Are Our Lives said...

Beautiful scenery! Your photos are outstanding! Were you there with horses?
http://picturesbybrenda.blogspot.com/

Ed said...

WOW! That rainbow is fantastic! :-)

The Equestrian Vagabond said...

lovely shots, all of them! the only thing that would have made the picture of the vulture better was if it was a Raven ; )
- The Equestrian Vagabond

Redneck Geologist said...

As always, your photos are absolutely stunning!

aurora said...

Great colorful shots Lisa! That is some pine tree!

Anonymous said...

aw, blue sky, how I miss it so. Hope you guys had a great camping trip.

Alison said...

Oh, yummy! That rainbow photo is gorgeous, beautiful, stunning, unforgettable...still looking for the right words. :)

Jocelyn said...

You take the best pictures!!!
I cant wait to come visit sometime!

Blackfeatherfarm said...

Fantastic images !!!

baystatebrumby said...

That ponderosa pine is the coolest thing I have seen in weeks! It looks like it might start moving and crawling around!!!!!

Dom said...

That rainbow photo is incredible.

DesertHen said...

Awesome shots!

The rainbow shot is stunning!

We have had our fair share of rainbows the last few weeks here in NV.

Michelle said...

Very cool photos! I love the tree, and the rainbow of course. Too bad I missed this week's challenge!

Wander Woman said...

Wow! Really great shots! Lovely!

Jen