Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wordless Wednesday ~ Sunset from Dog Canyon

 

 

This was the view from our campsite on Monday night, in Oliver Lee Memorial State Park south of Alamogordo, New Mexico.

IMG_1319

Photo is SOOC (Straight Out Of Camera)



19 comments :

Kathryn said...

All I can say is "WOW"!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

so pretty!

Jeni said...

WOW !! indeed. Breathtaking beautiful!

lytha said...

New Mexico calender shot right there.

I'd call it May. *grin*

lytha said...

No seriously turn that in to a calendar or postcard company!

Unknown said...

So lovely! I used to hike in dog canyon. When I saw your title I thought "it can't be that one, it's too far south". Then I read on.

It was a wonderful place back then, close to white mountain. Hope you're having a lovely trip.

Dan and Betty said...

Very nice. I love our New Mexico sunrises and sunsets.

Well done.

Dan

Redneck Geologist said...

Absolutely stunning!

Redneck Geologist said...

Absolutely stunning!

Babygoose said...

Awesome photo! Hope you will be posting about your stay at Oliver Lee. We have been wanting to get over there for years, but seems like we never make time to go check out what is in our own backyard!

DesertHen said...

What a stunning desert sunset!

My parents use to visit Alamogordo a lot as they had friends that lived there.

Mikey said...

Nice!

Crystal said...

Wow thats very pretty!

Graciegreen said...

Oh so beautiful...

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Beautiful! Hope you had a good time.

Reddunappy said...

OOOOOOOO Pretty!!!!!

Ed said...

Fantastic shot, and you know me and sunsets..:-)

lisa said...

My kind of scenery! Just beautiful.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Nice! The picture feels warm, but now I'm seeing spots in front of my eyes.