Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wordy Wednesday ~ Mud is Good!

 

Yes, I know. Another post when I’m supposed to be on a blog-cation. But with our travel and camping plans thwarted due to the fire-related National Forest Closures, it seems that we’ll be staying home most of this summer. Which isn’t too bad since we have the garden to care for and chicks to raise.

And I want to thank all of you who have been praying and wishing for rain here in New Mexico.

Tuesday evening I went up to feed our goats, llamas and horse, and I was greeted by Apache…..

“Hey Mom. Do you see what’s on my face?”

Looks like…...Wow!” “It’s Mud!”

IMG_3259

I’m sure some of you will think I’m a little nuts getting excited over a little bit of crusty mud on my horse……but mud means RAIN!

IMG_3260

Yes. It rained today. And it wasn’t just a sprinkle or spitting rain. It was steady! The rain may have only lasted 15 minutes, and left behind only 1/10th of an inch, and the ground was all dried up in less than an hour, but it’s a start!

IMG_3266

My horse hasn’t had the opportunity to get muddy since last summer, so I’m sure Apache was pretty excited to get down and dirty for a good roll.

IMG_3263

Here’s to more rain…and a happy muddy horse!

 

 



15 comments :

Mary said...

Yay! My dance musta done it! Nice job Apache. Oh and great header, too funny!

lytha said...

i'll be praying for more rain - i can just imagine your joy at seeing a muddy horse for the first time in a year. she looks great, what a pretty mare she is even with mud.

Gail said...

We shall all have to dance harder to save the forests...but it's a start.

Michelle said...

Looks like Apache had a good time! Glad to hear you got a bit of wet....
Michelle
http://www.fromthehorsesback.com

jane augenstein said...

I wish we could send you some rain, we got 3 inches the other night! Wish Mother Nature would spread it out all over.
Are you getting to ride much? Me and Gilly have been out most everyday doing trot work. I even think my lazy horse likes it! :-)
Cute header!

Fantastyk Voyager said...

I noticed that it had rained when I came home from work! YAY!!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I was hoping what is hitting us now is heading your way, but I just looked at the radar map and it's heading north. I've been too busy to check the weather forecast and woke this morning to find out it has been raining all night and will rain all day. Of course, what was salvageable from my moldy haystack didn't get covered and this is the day I'm supposed to drive my trailer to Reno to drop it off for repairs. I've never hauled a trailer in the rain. This should be interesting. I'll pray for the winds to shift to the southeast.

Dan and Betty said...

Unfortunately we didn't get any rain on our side of the mountain. When it's a hot as it's been, we'll hose the horses down once a day to cool them off. Then they roll in the sand so they look a little like Apache.

Dan

DesertHen said...

Lisa that header takes the cake! I'm rolling with laughter! =D

I'm so glad to hear you got a bit of rain that produced enough mud for Apache to have a good roll. I hope you get more of the much needed rain and soon!

Dreaming said...

Love your header photo - how incredibly cute!

Hooray for rain. We're hoping for some, too. Had some storms over the past few days, but they all went around us... :-(

Jeni said...

Wooo Hoo for a bit of rain. At least enough to make mud is a good thing. I hope more comes for you soon.

Still laughing hysterically at the chick with glasses on. What a hoot!

StefRobrts said...

You can have all our rain - please, take it! And don't forget the slugs, you can have them too ;)

Hope you get lots more of the wet stuff!

Louise said...

Mmmmmmm, Mud! Here's hoping you see lots more in the coming days and weeks.

small farm girl said...

Yea!!! Mud!!!!!!

Ed said...

Your new header made my day, the mud is great, it will keep the flies off Apache. Hope ya get more as the monsoon approaches..:-)