Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Wordless Wednesday ~ Santa Fe Beggar

 

IMG_4539

(And yes, we did give him some money for allowing us to take this photo)




8 comments :

clairz said...

Too bad he's a Yankees fan, I might have sent along some $ for the penguins!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

LOL I like the buskers/beggars ,who have a sense of humour. Passed by a guy when we were in Seattle , who'ss sign read "I need money for KArate lessons" I want o be a Ninja"

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

At least he's honest... sort of. I'll bet that sense of humor works well for him. I appreciate it when beggars say they need money for a drink, but I get annoyed when they flat out lie and tell me some sob story about their car being broken down and needing money for a tow. When I ask them to show me their car, it's always several blocks away and they can't remember exactly where. Or they want money for food, so I offer to buy them food and they get annoyed, so I know that they don't really want food. My brother has spent many years as a pan-handler, so I know all the tricks.

Louise said...

It is a clever line. Makes him stand out.

Dan and Betty said...

I know it's tough for some these days, but I also believe that a fair amount of able-bodied people have decided to make this their way of life. I can't support that.

Still an interesting picture.

Dan

DesertHen said...

Clever way to draw attention to his plight. If he drew that picture he has some talent.

We always try to lend a hand to the beggers when we see them. Either by getting them a meal and taking it back to them or just handing them a bit of money. I know there are those out there that abuse the kindness of strangers, but there are also those that really need a lift up in some way.

My husband suprised me one night when he got home from a trip and told me he had given $50 dollars to an older guy and his dog to help them get the rest of the way to california to a new job and life. My hubby stayed around a bit to see what the guy would do and the first thing he did was go into the store and buy food for the dog and himself. Then he made a phone call and then he went and found my husband and tried to give most of the money back, which of course my husband wouldn't take. The guy then found a ride that would take him and the dog on the next leg of their journey.

The Equestrian Vagabond said...

that's original! and it comes with a smile.
- The Equestrian Vagabond

Anonymous said...

He must have read mr popper's penguins!