On Day four of our Zuni Mountains horse camping trip, we contemplated going out for a quick ride of an hour or two, but we all decided to have a leisurely morning instead, and then prepare for the drive back home.
My campsite.
Our set up at the campground.
While I got busy packing up, I decided to try out the new leather hobbles that I had bought for Apache.
The hobbles were not an issue at all for Apache and she got busy grazing grass while I packed up her portable corral on the back of my truck.
With all the riding we've done over this past year, she is sure looking good!
After everyone got packed up, we drove down the long, dusty gravel road through the National Forest.
Driving through the steep walled canyon, on the one lane gravel road, with an impressive droop-off on one side, was a bit concerning. If another vehicle came towards you from the opposite direction, there wasn't much, if any, room at all to move over and out of the way.
Thankfully, no vehicles approached us on the road and we made it all the way out to the interstate highway, and then back to our homes in about 2 hours.
It was a fun weekend of camping, riding and socializing.
Life is good!
It was a fun weekend of camping, riding and socializing.
Life is good!
No comments :
Post a Comment