Friday, December 1, 2017

Pine Flats Ride

Come along and join me for one of my favorite local rides.

Pine Flats, aptly named for all of the beautiful tall pines to ride beneath.


There was a lot of moisture this year which helped the grass grow. Lots of delicious grass for our ponies to munch while on the trail!


Such a beautiful path into the forest.


Trail Selfie!


The trail meanders gently through the forest.


I like to call this secret trail: Ponderosa Canyon...for obvious reasons!


Lush green grass everywhere!


Many people travel long distance to ride in scenery as beautiful as this! And these trails are only a few minutes from my house!


Beautiful National Forest Trails!


Such a peaceful canyon to enjoy quiet, special time with your equine friend and trail partner.




And then we climb up out of Ponderosa Canyon into the thick forest again.


Lots of fascinating trees along this section of trail.


And dark mysterious sections to ride through, too.


Apache was sporting her Cashel fly mask this day.


Odd tree stump up ahead.


Yvonne checking out the odd tree stump.


I love this section of Poker Chip Trail.



I think they call this an Us-ie?


So peaceful and beautiful.


Being surrounded by nature is where I find my zen.


I'm so grateful that my horse enjoys trail riding as much as I do, too.


We stopped for lunch at the picnic grounds.


Lunch stop with all the necessities and a few extras!


Back on the trail again!


Another favorite secret trail.


Winding our way back to the trailhead.....


After unsaddling and watering our horses it was time for ice-cold beers!


And Loretta brought us Margaritas, too!


Just me, kicking back, relaxing after another awesome trail ride!


No comments :