Friday, March 16, 2018

Gutierrez Canyon January Ride


My riding companion Judith and I decided to ride at Gutierrez Canyon on a January Day. It had snowed a few days earlier, so there was still some left over snow in the shade of trees on the trail.

Apache and I out in front.



Judith and Bucket out in front with the Sandia Mountains in the distance.


It was a cold and windy day, but in the sunshine it was warmer and among the trees, less windy. We wore quite a few layers to stay warm.


I was wearing five layers, along with my fleece ear wrap to keep my ears protected from the cold wind.




Apache was amazing as usual, paying attention to my right leg on her blind side, as we rode the narrow trails with steep drop-offs.



She and I still love to stop to take in the beautiful views.



Judith and Bucket riding across the stone bridge.


Judith managed to capture one of my joyful moments while riding that day. Even though it was a cold and windy day, we were very grateful to have had the opportunity to be out in nature with our wonderful horses.




Life is Good!!

No comments :