Sunday, May 27, 2018

Juan Tomas Open Space Ride



Riding at Juan Tomas Open Space is like riding in my own backyard. The trails are always comforting and feel like home.



I met my riding companion at my house and she followed me to the trailhead, just a 15 minute drive. We saddled up and headed down the trail.



There is nothing I like more than being surrounded by green trees and beautiful forest.



We were out to enjoy a relaxing ride, and we certainly did.



Trail Selfie



Apache always seems to enjoy riding at Juan Tomas Open Space, too.



My riding companion never stopped smiling.



I love the sounds of the wind blowing through the tops of the tall ponderosas.



Happy Happy Trail Selfie!


Last year the Open Space and their volunteers built a new section of trail, and it's truly beautiful. I love the way it meanders through the trees.


We rode one of the "hidden trails" through a small canyon that climbs up and out, steeply, where it dead ends.


Apache enjoying a shaded rest and a cool drink of water beside her trailer post-ride.



Apache and I getting ready to "buckle up" and head home.



Life is Good!

No comments :