Saturday, March 1, 2008

Magnetic Wonder!

I've gotta get me one of THESE !!

The guy doing our fence offered me his to use so I could easily hunt for all the nails, screws and metal nasties that were dropped by the contractors who built our barn addition. I was simply amazed at all of the metal items that it instantly picked up as I swept it over the pens filled with hay and straw.
The fence guy, who also builds barns, said that every contractor should own one of these so he can clean up after himself. I agree!!
Most of the stuff I picked up in the barn using the magnetic wand thing. Wow!

5 comments :

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I've lived in my house for 14 years, and I'm still finding nails left behind from the previous owners' projects. I get upset whenever I find one, because one nail can do a lot of damage to a horse's hoof. That's a really cool magnetic thingy.

goatgirl said...

Did he make that or buy it and where can I get one?

goatgirl said...

Never mind........I went back over your post and ordered one! I can't wait to try it out.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

nuzzling muzzles, That's what I was told by this man doing our fence. I'm really grateful that he lent his wand to me. I am still shoked with how much metal we found in and around the pens.

A friend of mine says that whenever the wind blows a layer of snad and dirt off, she finds nails and bits of old barbwire, too. Sounds like every farm or home with horses could benefit by having one of these magnetic wands.

haha, goatgirl! I'm glad the link worked for you and that you're getting one. Let me know how it works out. Our fence guy also said that a friend of his built a handmade magnetic wand using a stero speaker's magnets. Apparently the speaker magnets are super strong, too.

Gail said...

I could use that toy just to find the things I drop!