Wednesday, July 2, 2008

As the Coop Turns~Chick Integration~Part II


As we return to "As the Coop Turns" we learn that things are progressing quite nicely without too much drama.(Click on any picture to enlarge it)
The new chicks on the coop-block have been invited outside and the established flock has been invited in....to where the food is. I don't get it, though. I wouldn't be excited to eat baby food again, but these older girls are happy about eating the chick mash. Go figure.
Sid Vicious doesn't get it either. It's alot more fun having free reign outside the cage then pecking at mash inside of it.
While his chick-mates keep their beaks to the ground looking for goodies, Sid just can't stop admiring his new digs. And all these 'older ladies' strutting around. Oooh baby.
Sid tries a new pick-up line on Miss Ruby, but she's not impressed. She called him potty mouth and turned her back on him. Poor Sid. Phyllis can't seem to find that lipstick she placed in her fannypack earlier.
As party host and mediator, I thought it would be fun to throw a mixer for everyone to get to know one another. Well, actually, I didn't throw a mixer, I threw some scratch and bread crumbs.
Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and there were no disagreements, skirmishes, or anymore pick-up lines from Sid. Thank goodness.
All of the guests came together most politely to enjoy drinks and hors d'oeuvres.

There were even a few who wandered off for some juicy gossip. Sid and Phyllis muttered too softly for me to find out what they were saying. And Cotton and Cloud were much too discreet and went off to a more secluded spot.
There was also dancing! Phyllis did the Electric Slide and she was pretty good, too.

Meanwhile, the Barred Rock Sisters snuck off together to raid the buffet table.
One of the assistants served up tasty grass sticks because this coop is a non-smoking facility. Our guests prefer them anyway.
Then it was off to the shady pavilion beside the punch bowl to relax and visit.

Sid was not happy to find Mr. Cotton walking through the food on the buffet table and flirting with his girl, Phyllis. Maybe the fluffy fellow had too much to drink.
And here's Ms. Myrtle to say,

"Will the new chicks be invited to spend the night in Casa de Pollo?", "Will there be enough hors d'oeuvres to settle the deal?", "Will Sid relax around the ladies and Cotton and just be himself?", "Will Phyllis stop acting so snooty, as if she is better than all the other chickens?", "Will Cotton stop standing in his food while he eats?"

Join us next time for "As the Coop Turns".

14 comments :

sugarcreekstuff said...

You are insane! Very very entertaing though.

Unknown said...

Ha ha, I love the chicken soap opera! Much more entertaining than the television version :)

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

This is too funny. I wish my mother would get an Internet connection so she could see you blog. She's a huge chicken fan. I bought her a coffee table book that displays all the breeds of chicken. You've got quite a variety wandering around there.

Mim said...

I sure hope Sid is being mannerly in his come-ons. LOL Too funny, you're cracking me up!

Mim said...

I sure hope Sid is being mannerly in his come-ons. LOL Too funny, you're cracking me up!

Carla said...

Hooray!!!! Congratulations on the fabulous party. With all the drinking going on, I'm so glad everyone kept a cool head and no blood was shed. You are now a chicken hostess queen.

Dan and Betty said...

You do have a fun life and an interesting outlook. I'll never eat another egg without wondering what went on around it.

Thanks for a good read first thing in the morning.

Dan

Grey Horse Matters said...

Very amusing, love the commentary and of course Phyllis.

Robbyn said...

love the superstars! :) oh the drama of it all...

Fantastyk Voyager said...

I loved your story. Thanks!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

SugarCreekStuff, Madeline, Mim, CeeCee, Dan & Betty, Grey Horse, Robbyn, Rockin Horse,
I'm so glad you were all entertained by my Chicken Integration Series. With all these great characters and amusing antics, there is never a loss of good material! hahah! :)

Hey NM, I wish your Mother would ,too. I'd love to share our chickens with her and make her smile each day :)

Farmer Jen said...

You and your chicken soap opera are funny! Made me giggle.

Christy said...

Your chickens have a lot of personality. It sounds like all is going well though.

Gail said...

A chick party...how original!

Love your coop.