Saturday, October 4, 2008

Silent Sunday





(This horse's name is "Ghost". He's a 4 year old gelding owned by my instructor friend, Lorie. Ghost is an 'in-your-pocket' kind of horse and wants to be right next to you at all times. Thankfully he's respectful of a human's personal space, though. He just loves people. Doesn't he have the most amazing blue/glass eyes?)

15 comments :

cdncowgirl said...

I love a glass eye with dark eyeliner :)

Grammy said...

I love the blue eyes. That is wonderful he is such a good horde on top of the good looks.Have a great week end.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Ghost is a beautiful paint. I do love paints, they are one of the most attractive and lovable breeds. So far we've only had two and they were and are the best. Our boy Blue has one blue eye.

Anonymous said...

Awww, what a gorgeous boy! I love the pictures you took of him-very nice. He looks like a ghost. :)

billie said...

He is very handsome - I especially love the way his blaze rounds up over his eyes on both sides. It amazes me the way white patterns itself on horses.

Melanie said...

Ha! He sounds like a candidate for a bag of Cheetos...lol!!! Aren't "in your pocket" horses fun to be around? As long as they respect your space of course!

Ghost is one handsome boy too! I love the big blaze and the glass eye!

Have you noticed that everything I am writing has an exclamation mark this morning? I must be really enthusiastic or something today...lol!!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great name for this beauty! Love the eyes:)

The Wades said...

He is gorgeous.

That wasn't very silent of you at the end there. ;) I'm the same way-I go to do a wordless post and almost can't stand it.

Happy Sunday to you.

If you're serious about the pumpkin stand, it's on the corner of Paseo Del Norte and Eagle Ranch Road in the Quanz Automotive parking lot. I would never expect you to come all this way, but stop by and say hi if you're in town. :)

Carolynn Anctil said...

Very handsome fellow.

Dan and Betty said...

Very, very nice. He is a handsome horse.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

PS: Michelle's pumpkin patch is worth the ride. It's awesome!

Carla said...

I don't normally like a blue eyed horse. Like cdncowgirl said, the black eyeliner makes the eyes. On white horses the blue eyes always looked scary to me.

Unknown said...

I had a Dutch horse wth a crystal eye. He had a lot of white too. He would get FRIED in the California sun! Then he would have a hard time eating because the sunbrun hurt. So I used a lot of sunscreen(Coppertone), and the dirt stuck to it, and then you didnt notice the eye, just the dirt.

Janet Roper said...

That 1st photo is amazing! Something about a closeup of a horse's eye gives me a lot of peace.
Harmony,
Janet

Andrea said...

Oh I think he is handsome! I love a paint horse with nice eyeliner and soft eyes. I think blue eyes are nice, as long as there isn't a lot of white, I am fine with any color eye!! He looks so sweet. I could just rub his head. Great picture!

Egghead said...

Beautiful. Especially the first photo. I hope you have that framed....