Friday, November 21, 2008

6 Things About Me



My Aussie blog friend White Lilly tagged me for the '6 Things About Me" meme. Oddly enough, through the past 3 years of blogging, somehow I was able to avoid getting tagged for this, until now.
So here goes.....

6 Things about me

1)I've wanted a horse my entire life, but had to wait until I was 42 for my dream to come true.
2)I used to fuel commuter planes, load and unload planes, and de-ice jets for a living.
3)I gave birth vaginally to my twin sons, weighing 7lbs each, and my daughter, weighing 11 lbs 12oz, with no drugs or pain meds.
4)I have a very high pain tolerance but have a terrible fear of needles.
5)I could never give pedicures. Feet freak me out.
6)I'm probably the only person on earth who doesn't like cheese.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rules:

~Link to the person who tagged you.
~Post the rules on your blog.
~Write six random things about yourself.
~Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
~Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
~Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Here are the six blogging buddies I tag:

Farm Dreams
Dan & Betty
Fantastyk Voyager
Rural Ramblings
The Knutsons'
MidWest Horse

Have fun!

19 comments :

Unknown said...

Wow! What a woman :) Feet sort of freak me out too, in that I don't like people touching them. Great post

Michele said...

Well that was fun to read and learn about you. It's neat to always find out more about our fellow bloggers.
I can't believe you don't like cheese! WHOA! Crazy... =)
Fun post!

~Michele~

Gail said...

Like your new page

Kristi said...

Hi Lisa! Its Krist'i here (Vonda's-from Little Egg Farm - crazy homeschooling sister! Thanks for looking at our blog - its awesome to find another crazy homeschooing mom! I envy you be able to raise your kiddos around farm animals. That is the way I grew up - took it for granite - but there are so many cool lessons on the farm!!!! Where else can you learn to throw cow pies at each other??? Har Har!

Kristi said...

Hey Lisa - Kristi here - Vonda's (from Little Egg Farm) crazy homeschooling sister. Thanks for looking at our blog! It's great to find another crazy homeschooling mom! I envy you raising your kids around farm animals - I grew up that way - what an experience. Nothing more educational than learning to throw cow pies at each other!

Carolynn Anctil said...

Hi Lisa,

Love the photo of you sitting on the elephant. Very pretty.

Your Alphabet Game sounds like fun too...

BTW, I have an award waiting for you over at my place.

Carolynn

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Ouch, ouch, ouch! My biggest baby wasn't even 7 pounds and it hurt like hell!

I love that elephant photo of you!

Grammy said...

Hi Lisa, I was tagged too. I have not done mine yet still pondering about it.
How amazing to give birth with out drugs. I had a epidural both times. And I still want a mini horse. Every time I see one I want to take it home. Little dose my hubby know if we get the farm next Aug we bought at a back tax sale. I am going to get one. And hope that he don't notice like at Gails house with the 9 kittys.he he

Callie said...

Ok, Lisa, but I have to work tonight and tomorrow night and get no sleeep on Sunday because of youngest childbrat wishes to have hair done together on Sunday at noon, so once I've slept and recovered, I'll probably get to it by Tuesday as Monday we're at a new University all day to check on transfer of childbrats school. And yes we do call them childbrats in front of them, LOL. They're used to it! hehehheh

Egghead said...

11 pound 12 oz baby. That is not a baby but a half grown woman. I gave birth to all my children naturally and I though 9 pounders were big. GAH!

Dan and Betty said...

Lisa, thanks, I think. My Friday blog will contain my six things and it will publish around 6:45 PM.

Dan

dp said...

I don't like cheese either.

white_lilly said...

What a life you've had and having your baby girl at 11lbs 12oz that bought tears to my eyes, I must say I can't stand other peoples smelly feet. Thanks for sharing :)

Sue

Melanie said...

Lisa-
I LOVE your new header and look!!! It is just faaaaaabuuuuulousssss...lol!!!!

Hey girl...I am right there with you on the giant kidlet/no pain medicine thingy. Eric was 9#9oz and 22" long, and Katie (yes, itty bitty Katie!) was 10#6oz and 22" long.

I can't believe that Jenna was almost 12 pounds!!!! We sure can grow them big, eh??? Vaginal delivery of twins??? You rock, mom!!!! Did you have her at a hospital? I labored with Eric at my midwife's birth center, but ended up in the hospital (36 hours with no progression). Thankfully Katie was a much easier labor, so I ended up being able to have her at the birth center.

Feet gross me out too!!! As a nurse, I have seen a lot of really nasty feet, and I vow to always take care of mine!

About my header...I think that you are the only person who has noticed, or at least commented about, my choice of words and the horse's resemblence to Bo. :)

I will get my tag up sometime this weekend. Thanks!

Linda G. said...

Great post, Lisa! I love the elephant picure...
fueling and de-icing airplanes? That's an unusual job. I'd like to know more:)

Gone2theDawgs said...

I really like the 6 things meme....it makes people think about themselves a bit and share some little known facts which only makes me feel closer to my blogging friends! :) Thanks!

Rural Writer said...

So I'm tagged, huh? Guess I'd better get over to my blog and get something written up!

Great picture, BTW. & what an interesting job, fueling planes and de-icing jets. You're just full of surprises.

GreyWolf said...

1. Finally
2. Wow
3. OMG
4. Really
5. Gross
6. Unbelievable

The Wades said...

You don't like cheese?? Any? Not even on pizza or tacos???

Such big babies! No pain meds? You're one tough cookie!