Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm feeling a bit better today, but I truly believed that death was at my door early Saturday morning. I started to feel ill while babysitting Friday morning. The house I was in had a malfunctioning fireplace that made everything smell like smoke. I felt nauseated and dizzy and had to keep the window open, even though it was cold outside. By the time I got home, I was weak and could barely stand up. I hadn't been able to eat all day and by the late evening, I started having intense chest and upper abdomen pain. After the ambulance showed up, my heart checked out ok by the paramedics and when I arrived at the hospital, the EM room Dr. finally concluded that I either have a stomach ulcer and/or gastritis. It couldn't be confirmed from the CT scan and X-Rays, though. And the nasal tube they tried to insert into my stomach punctured my (previously unknown) deviated septum. Talk about painful and terrifying! The two techs raced out of the room, looking for help, as I sat there with blood gushing out of my nose. They had never had that happen before, but still I was all alone bleeding uncontrollably and in intense pain. That was so scary.
After several injections of morphine, anti-nausea and Pepcid meds, I was feeling much better. Later in the afternoon, I was finally released from the hospital, with more meds, and on a strict B.R.A.T diet. blah.(Stands for: bananas, rice, applesauce, toast...basically anything bland and easy on the tummy)
On Sunday morning I was very dissapointed because my neighbor friend, Val, and I, with my kids were supposed to drive down to celebrate the Festival of the Cranes at Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge. And of course there were some letterboxes place there that we wanted to find, as well. And the proverbial cherry on top was to be one of the best meals in New Mexico at the famous Owl Bar and Grill. Just the thought of one of their juicy burgers smothered with grilled onions and fresh roasted green chile makes my mouth water! Which of course, does not bode well with a bland and boring B.R.A.T diet...sigh.
So depending on how I feel, we're rescheduling our trip to the Wildlife Refuge and Owl Bar to Tuesday. If y'all wouldn't mind saying a few prayers for good health and positive vibes for a quick recovery, I'd be much obliged.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And now onto the second "A".
Awards.
First I want to say thank you to Carolynn at the Glowing Ember who always writes the most creative and thought-provoking blog entries. She gave me this award.

And I want to pass it on to:
Gail
Pam
Goat Girl
Second to thank is Adventure Girl Wanna Be for always being so upbeat and fun. She passed out this award to her bloggy readers:

And I want to pass it on to:
Carolynn
Nuzzling Muzzles
Val
Christy
And even though I had already received the next award, I was still touched that my bloggy pal Nuzzling Muzzles thought so much of me to gift it onto me, too.

And I'd like to gift it onto:
Andrea at Swamp Suburbia
And finally, another award that I had already been given, but I still was very pleased to be given it by this special blog friend of mine. Christy at Farm Dreams is finally living her Farm Dreams and I could not be happier for this special lady.
And I want to send it along to another special lady:
Pony Girl
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note that two words for the letter of the day will not be a common ocurrence. So don't let this little blip sway you into not participating in my Alphabet Blog Challenge contest.
Starting today, anyone participating in the Alphabet Blog Challenge is invited to post my logo on their blog or website, and include a link back to my blog, so others can join in if they would like.
Also, whoever wins this contest will also win 'bragging rights' and be permitted to keep the Alphabet Blog Challenge Logo, created by me, on their own blog. In addition, they are also welcome to continue the tradition by hosting the Alphabetical Blog Challenge on their own blog, if they would like. And you can bet that I'll be excited to participate, too!
So.....GET YOUR GAME ON FOLKS!!
45 comments :
Oh how much fun!!
Thanks for the award! You are too sweet!!
So, for the alphabet challenge. All I have to do is post a comment and put another word that starts with the letter "A", right?
How about "Andrea".
Did I get that right?
Wow. What a very scary and eventful weekend you have had. How awful about the nasal tube procedure. (I don't like hospitals at all.) I surely hope you make a full recovery and feel better very soon. Take care of yourself.
Awfully glad to hear you're okay. But that must have been a scary experience. :o
Did you come up with this challenge yourself? You are amazingly creative!
Yeesh, Lisa. The trip to the hospital sounds a little more excitement than I'd want on a Saturday night. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better and only have to suffer a crappy diet. I hope the paramedics were cute, at least.
Thank you so much for the unexpected flowers! I love flowers & these have some of my favourites in them.
Big hug,
Carolynn
Absolutly Awful what you went through the past few days!! You must have been scared out of your wits!!!! I'm so glad you are home and feeling a bit better. Take care of yourself and rest, rest, rest!! I know it is so hard to stay down when you are use to being busy. Feel better soon and you are in my thoughts and prayers.
I have been trying to catch up on my blog reading today and my silly computer is slow, slow, slow....I have enjoyed reading your other posts this evening...thank you for sharing your thoughts and insights with us all....=D
Hugs to you.
Oh, I love the new look of your blog....=D
When I saw and Ambulance for your first letter my heart skipped a beat and knew something was not right. What a horrible experience for you,but I'm very glad you are ok my friend and you are on the road to recovery. Later you will have to share what the B.R.A.T diet is :)
Sue
Oh dear Lisa, I am sorry to hear about your ER trip! That is scary. So the smoke wasn't related to the actual health issue? Anyway, that bloody nose scenario would have freaked me out, too! In college I got a series of bloody noses and they wouldn't stop and I thought I was dying, of course (I'm a bit dramatic.) Luckily I was hanging out with an EMT and he helped me through one and said it was totally normal.
Thanks SO much for the award! I am very honored!! :) I will get it posted and pass it on soon!
I hope you are well on your way to feeling better, dear!
Glad you are a bit better there Lisa!
Awful and Amazing !!!!
What a horrible experience!!
Prayers are on the way along with best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Congrats on the Awards, you deserve them all and more.
So is this Alphabet thing part of the "Blog School"?
Your welcome Andrea! And yes, you did it right. You're my first contest entry! Woot Woot!
Thanks for particpating :)
Thanks Farmer Jen. I don't like hospitals or going to the Dr either. I was so glad it wasn't life threatening and I could come home again so soon. :)
Hi CDN Cowgirl,
Yep. This was my own idea and I even made the logo myself. I had been trying to think up something fun to challenge myself on my blog and see if my favorite readers might want to help me in my challenge. So a contest seemed a great way to combine the two ideas :)
So, is 'Awfully' or "amazingly' your contest entry? Talk about creative! :)
Oh, and thank you for the well wishes, too.
Hello Carolynn, I'm so glad you like the award and the sentiment behind them. You were kind to say such sweet things about me on your blog, too.
Oh yes, there were a few cute paramedics, but can you believe that my hair was a mess from going to bed with it wet? AND my legs were hairy, too! gah!
(But at least, as mothers like to remind us, my underwear were clean, though noone needed to check them. lol!)
Desert Hen,
Awwww. Such sweet comments you've left for me. And thanks for the well wishes and the hugs, too. I'm going to assume that "Absolutely awfully" are your contest entries, ok? I like it!! :)
Hey Sue,
I'm so glad to know you're real name, by the way. :)
Thanks for the concerns and worries. And the well wishes, too. I edited my post to include what the BRAT diet is. Sorry for assuming that everyone should know what it is. (And I'm hoping that it's actually correct. lol!)
Awww, PG. You deserve the award. I've enjoyed your blog for such a long time, my friend.
I've had a few bloody noses, too. And I wished that the episode Saturday morning had been a normal one. But the techs actually ripped a small hole in my septum, which is why the blood gushed out the way it did...and took almost 30 minutes to stem the flow.
It was really painful! :Q
I don't think the smokey house had a whole lot to do with the main diagnosis, but I'm sure it contributed to my feeling of being dizzy and sick.
Thanks again for your kind words and stopping by for the well wishes.
Will you be participating in my blog contest? Hope so :)
Thank you All Horse Stuff. :)
Grey Wolf, thanks for the well wishes and prayers. They are much appreciated. I never considered this idea to be part of 'Blog School', but it makes perfect sense, eh?
So, I guess this means you gt to sit down in one of those itty bitty chairs with your lined notebook and #2 pencil in hand. What I'd like to know is, "What characters will you have on your lunchbox ?"
"Amazing and Awful, hmm? You get an A+++, student!!"
:)
~Lisa
Oh my I am so glad you are ok. I have been sending prayers your way. It amazes me what can happen in a hospital. I went through allot of mishaps in the beginning of this year. I had a cardiac cath and it turned out to be my lungs not my heart. Blessings Amigo.
Thanks Grammy. How awful that you had to go through that serious intervention when it ended up being something different. gah!
Thanks for the well wishes, 'A'migo!! :)
~Lisa
Yes, yes--prayers heading your way!! What a scary thing to happen. I'm so glad you're OK.
Please ignore my email about possibly sighting you at Hobby Lobby Saturday morning. Guess that wasn't you being that you were experiencing a medical emergency. Get better soon, my friend!
Awards, Ambulances, alphabet - Amazing, oh my! Soooo glad to hear you're feeling better.
Oh my goodness! That part about the ER trip sounds REALLY scary! I'm glad you're ok!
My contest entry is Aardvark.
Thanks for the wonderful blog award.
Your cat will be on its way!
Thanks again, Gail
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your scary time at the hospital! That must have been just awful. I hope you are feeling back to your awesome old self in no time!
Oh my - I hope you're okay now! How terrifying!
I need to read your contest instructions again, but it looks like I'm supposed to give you another A-word...?
Apache Moon! Our little dancing painted pony. :)
My husband would LOVE to go to the Bosque for the crane thing. We have been there but not this time of year. Love that restaurant though - we had lunch there!
Enjoy!
Thank you for the awesome award! I haven't forgotten you tagged me too. I'm so sorry you had to go through all the health stuff. That sounds so scary! I'm glad you're alright.
Thank you for the awesome award! I haven't forgotten you tagged me too. I'm so sorry you had to go through all the health stuff. That sounds so scary! I'm glad you're alright.
Thank goodness I've taught myself to copy my own comments. I got some dumb error when I submitted this the first time, so if you get two of these, just delete this one...
A is for Awwww, I'm sorry. You are in my thoughts. I take it that you have to do follow up appointments with your doctor? I hate it when the test results won't support a diagnosis, because you are always left wondering. I hope your doctor can find out more so that you are being treated for the right thing.
A is also for Awesome! Thanks for the award, friend. Take care.
How AWFUL!
Hope that all's well and you are back to feeling A-OK real soon!
Lisa, we hope to see you this afternoon. Try Prilosec for your tummy. Betty is using that after her recent bout with her intestinal infection and she says that it really has helped how she feels.
Take care.
Dan
Absolute apathy about an ambulance and and an awefully awkward answer about... Oh, I'm giving up. But what I was trying to say is that I'm glad you're back with us and I hope you heal and feel better quickly! :D
What a heck of a weekend! OMG! That must have been super scary! I hear ya on the chest pains, I've been having them lately too, same kind of thing. So bad you clutch your chest and have to move around, trying to ease the pain. I figured it was the same thing, ulcer (which I do have) or reflux or something. But it sure feels like a heart attack. Like a big cramp across your chest.
Anyway, I am excited you're going to the Owl Cafe. It makes me think of JoAnn Mapson's books. Do tell me you read her. I absolutely love everything she writes. She's moving or has moved to NM very soon. She was here in May this year, looking for a place. I would LOVE to go to the Owl Cafe...
and, if you get the chance (or maybe you have already) going to Murphy's Mule Barn in Albuquerque is a MUST. Big old mule drawing on the wall there, by an old timer named Flint. I have the original framed here in the house. The place is legendary, and a cool old time diner kind of feel. Those are the kind of places I LOVE.
I'm just going to have to move to NM I'm thinking....
You get better, dang it girl!
Of course I remember you. Sounds like you had quite an excited time last week. Glad everything is ok.
Robin
What a scary weekend! Glad you're on the mend, and deep regrets for the missed Owl Bar burger. Missing out on a really good burger ought to be a felony.
:-p
Oh my Lisa, I just thought I hadn't felt well. I am so happy you are better and hope you continue to improve. Don't over do too soon, now.
Thank-you so much for the award, you are right, it makes me feel better.
Please, take care.
Pam
Oh! I forgot after all that about the ABC challenge.
Angels. That is my A word. May we all have them watch over us this holiday season.
Pam
Hi Lisa, I'm Awed by your Ability to resume your Agenda so soon After your ummmmm..oh bother...well..ordeal. Shucks, if I had a thesaurus handy I'll bet I could find Another A word.
Best thoughts and wishes headed your way..
Linda
I hope you make a full and speedy recovery, having just got out of hospital myself about ten days ago I can totally relate to your plight! Get Well Soon :)
Ok...so I am really late to the game today, but what happened to you was ABSOULUTELY AWFUL, and I am ASTOUNDED that you have recovered so quickly!!!
I bet the nurses/doctors felt terrible about the septum problem!!! How awful for you too though...lol!!!
Hopefully you just had a nasty virus, and it does not come back AGAIN...teeheehee!!!
PS-I cannot believe that you came up with this on your own, you clever girl you!!! Oh...and congrats on those awards!
Oh Lisa, I'm so glad you're feeling better now. Absolutely!! I will include you in my prayers. I'm sorry that you had to go through that ordeal by yourself. I would have been scared to say the least, probably freaking out. Dumb old hospital anyway - hate them big time!! So glad you're on the mend and feeling better so you can have that big ole burger on Tuesday!!
Okay, trying this again. I'm having computer problems today. Lisa, I am so sorry for your terrible ordeal and am so very glad to hear that you are feeling better now. Of course, I will include you in my prayers. I'm sorry that you had such a scary time in that horrible hospital - hate them big time!! So glad you're home with your loved ones again. Continue on the mend so you can have that big ole burger on Tuesday. Have fun!
Omg! How horrible! I'm soooooooo glad to hear you are better... the ambulance part of that post was tear jerking... *sniff, weak smile =)* I just couldn't STAND to loose such a great blogger and friend.
Thank goodness you are better Lisa!
Oh, by the way, I have a suprise for you... I'm sure you'll hear about it soon!!!
That sounded so scary *quiver*, but I suppose I know a little bit of what you feel, maybe just a tiny bit comparable. When I was little (as in 1 up through 5 or 6) I had kidney problems, and I was throwing up constantly. At the most, I would have a month off of being terribly sick. And I was even thankful for just THAT. I was scared, especially as a little girl, but now I am much better and I hope to never be that sick again. I wish the best for you Lisa!
Thanks for being o.k.!!!
And bless your sould for being such a survivor!!!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
What a scary ordeal! I'm glad you are on the mend now and feeling a bit better. How odd that the smoky fireplace irritated your condition enough to land you in the ER. Or are the two unrelated? At any rate, take it easy and hold off on one of those awesome sounding burgers!
Oh my goodness, I'm so glad you're going to be okay! It sounds just like a heart attack from your description---very glad it wasn't that!
ERs are never any fun at all :(
Must have been scary for the kids, especially the ambulance part. I hope Jenna is doing okay. :)
Well, my A word is Apache
Take care of yourself.
Hi Lisa,
My brain is feeling a bit ADDLED and I'm feeling a wee bit confused. Did the contest start without me on Friday? Since I'm leaving my message on Monday, I'm going to trust that you will ADD me to your list of contestants for the handmade treasure you're labouring over.
:oD
Carolynn
I thought I made a comment already, but just in case, Thank you for the lovely bunch of cyber-flowers!!!
And I'm so glad you are okay!
And finally, thanks again for the scarf and hat set. I wore the scarf today. It goes so well with my jeans jacket and it's so soft!!!
And for the word- AND, although I already got my prize! ;)
Oh Geezus! Lisa, I hope all is better with you! Crimany! What an aweful ER event! I promise I'll get to my tag.......I've been busy working and with one bratling home, it's next to impossible to get anything accomplished, especially time on the computer! Hope you are feeling better soon! That sounds like a nightmare! Gads!
I am so glad you are feeling better after your scare. Thanks for the award. I will post it when we get back from spending Thanksgiving with our son. Take care and stay away from ambulances.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Yikes, not a fun weekend for you! :-o Your gushing blood out of your nose tale reminds me of a Greys Anatomy episode!
Hi there,
Sorry I am late to your post - glad you are feeling better now and sorry for your experience, when they gave me morphine it felt like they were injecting fire in me - very unpleasant, good thing I was injured for they would've had to chase me down! The anti-nausea meds never work for me either.
No long term effects right?
Awesome blog! Hi! I just went back and have been reading other posts because I saw on My Horse Life's blog something happened and saw the hilarious little horse face up close :) Anyhow, I had to see what happened and it sounds absolutely awful what happend. I cannot immagine 1/2 the stuff happening let alone all in one afternoon. Thankfully you made it home. At first I was thinking maybe carbon monoxide poisoning. But what they found was just as bad. I hope you are feeling better :0 Best wishes!
And cool contest!!
Wow! Are you better now? My current health problem is similar, except I really can't eat anything. I go to get checked out tomorrow. I hope you're off your BRAT diet soon!
Congrats on the awards!!!
Post a Comment