Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Scraps Tag and an Update

Howdy friends!
I've been missing in action for a few days. Mostly just visiting my favorite blogs and catching up with your lives. Also kind of in a funk, just being bored with all my time spent in bed strapped to my Continual Passive Motion Machine. Oh, and spending some time watching House M.D. re-runs (Thanks to all of you who suggested watching TV shows on my computer. It's so cool!).

I went to my Dr's Follow-Up Appt. on Monday. I'm still in a lot of pain and discomfort whenever I stand up. So, I'm getting frustrated. It's 8 days post-surgery and I expected that I'd be up and about walking and feeling considerably less pain than I feel now.

The main problems aren't even my knee, but the sensation I get from an area right below my knee whenever I'm standing or sitting. It feels as if my leg is filling up with wet concrete. So heavy with such intense pressure. Not good.
Dr. seems to think that has to do with my vascular system adjusting after surgery. He couldn't tell me how long it woud take to subside, though.

The second issue is numbness in my ankle, the outside of my calf and my foot and toes. When my foot is elevated it's not so bad, just basic numbness. But when my foot drops down, for standing or sitting, intense pain begins and builds to crazy levels. Feels alot like when your foot has fallen asleep and just wakes up, or when you almost get frost-bite and the area thaws out. Terrible tingling, prickling and throbbing. It's the worst pain of all, but the Dr couldn't tell me why I'm having it and seemed confused. He poked my foot and leg with a safety pin and I just couldn't feel it at all.

Those two problems are making it difficult for me to be more mobile. Coming home from the Dr's, I just sat in the back, holding my leg across the back seat, and sobbed. It didn't stop hurting until I got home and back into a prone position in bed. Oh, and after a Percocet and Flexiril and two Tylenol. Whew.

My percocets are almost gone (1 left) and I asked the Dr. for something else for pain that wouldn't make me feel loopy or sick. He prescribed Tramadol, but I haven't tried it yet, because hubby hasn't been able to go pick up yet. I hope it works, especially since I start Physical Therapy this week and I've been told such horror stories about the pain and discomfort that happens there while trying to get mobility back. I know I'll need to take something or I'll be a wreck.

Speaking of Physical Therapy, I'm apparently a Slacker. I thought I was doing so well with my Continuous Passive Motion Machine whe I told the Dr that I had gotten up to 26 with my Flexion (lift) of my knee. He gave me a weird look of surprise and then admonished me for not being up over 30 in Flexion already! He said that most people are already up over 40 in the second week. Heck, many people are already walking some into their second week. What a loser I am! I feel like I'm so far behind, I'll never catch up. Maybe I won't even be walking by this same time next year! How awful. I'm so bummed and disappointed.
I feel like I'm standing at the bottom of Mt. Everest with no idea how I'll ever get to the top.

I did decide to push myself a lot yesterday and all last night and used my CPM basically the entire 24 hours, only getting up to use the bathroom and have a friend come over to wash my hair in the laundry tub for me. I made it up to 34 Flexion, so I feel pretty good about that, though my leg has been really achy, sore and throbbing today. I hope I can get up to 40 Flexion by this weekend, though. Wish me luck!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note, I'm way far behind in participating in the "Scraps About Me" Tag that Karen, over at The Rough String tagged me for before my surgery.


So without further ado, here's some scraps about me you may not know about me:

1)I'm not a girly-girl or into into bling. I rarely wear dresses unless they are cotton, loose, long and very comfy (think MuMu. lol!). I don't wear jewelry often, and usually just turquoise and silver. And even though I have two holes in my ears, I usually forget to wear any earrings at all.
Jeans and a T-shirt are my thing. Even my saddle is very simple. Just basic barbwire tooling. I figure I'm sitting on it, so what does it matter what it looks like. As long as something does the job, I'm happy.
I usually wear Faded Glory Jeans 'cause they are only $8.00 so I don't care if they end up getting a rip or worn knees (ouch, did I just say that word?). I used to wear wranglers, but find they make my gravity-challenged butt look even flatter than it already is.

2)I love to watch talented people dance. I like dancing, but don't think I dance well(especially right now with crutches. lol!) Also, I envy people who can wear high heels. High heels look so pretty and make legs look longer and thinner. But being as I'm already 5'11, with heels I'd look like a skyscraper!

3)My taste in music is very eclectic. I Like pretty much everything but angry-rap, acid rock, and blue-grass. I lean toward Christian Pop, Alternative and Classic Country. I can never remember the names of groups or singers though.

4)My hubby and I met 20 years ago, while working for the airlines. I quit the airlines when I became prego with my twins 12 years ago, and my hubby retired from the airlines about 4 years ago. We now have free lifetime flying benefits, but rarely use them. With all the security hassles, airline cutbacks and just general chaos...the joy of flying is lost for us.
We do most of our traveling by car now. (But I have been known to just hop on a plane to visit friends in other states, at the spur of the moment....hint-hint)

5)I slept in a canopy bed as a child. My stepmom chose yellow and white for the canopy and bedspread,two of my least favorite colors. My daughter uses my canopy bed now, but without the canopy. Her favorite colors are pink and purple.
Oh! And I loved the original Holly Hobby and still have my doll. The orginal Holly Hobby reminds me of Little House on the Prairie, one of my favorite TV shows when I was younger. (This is my old Holly Hobby on the left and my daughter's favorite doll on the right.)

6)I dreamed of collecting Breyer Horses, as a young girl.
But I was given Madam Alexander dolls instead. I don't know how that started because I never liked them and I wasn't much into dolls.(

7)I must be weird. I don't get the Carhartt brand clothing obsession. I've considered buying a Carhartt jacket and coveralls, but the material used by Carhartt is so stiff and reminds me of a heavy canvas tent. Touching it gives me the same sensation as hearing fingernails on a chalkboard. The jacket my hubby and I both use for ranch work is my old Mesa Airlines issued heavy- duty, hooded, Thinsulate khaki coat. I've owned it for over 12 years, it keeps me toasty warm in below zero temps, is really tough, and is still going strong. Best of all, I got it for free from my airline job. Free is good.

8)I'm an introvert and tend to stay away from large crowds and big social gatherings. I've been told I'm a lot of fun from those that know me well, but I usually only feel comfortable loosening up and getting a little crazy when I'm one-on-one or in a small group of close friends.

9)I like sarcasm and witty humor. I don't trust people who don't know how to belly laugh, extra points for snorting. Polite laughter seems rude. Why bother?

10)I believe in God, but have never felt comfortable in a church. I feel closer to God and more spiritual when I'm hiking in the mountains or sitting beside the sea.


Well, Wish me luck. I've got my first Physical Therapy appointment tomorrow (Thursday). I sure hope they start out gentle with me and don't introduce the torture chamber too soon. I just hope I can be tough and Cowgirl Up.

From the Guest Room of,

45 comments :

Farmer Jen said...

You will do fine with your physical therapy and get stronger every day. You are tough. You would like my laugh. I snort when I really get going. Even just reading your #9 made me laugh and giggle.

Jocelyn said...

You'd better limp over to my blog and sign up.. hint hint wink wink..

I am so girly, but I am a cheap jeans and t shirt girl most of the time as well. I also had Holly Hobby and MDM Alex Dolls. Not sure why as I always played with my Tonka truck and horse trailer 99.99% of the time!

My Mom was really hoping for a diva and got a pasture princess instead!

colleen said...

Good luck in PT...I hope you don't have to much pain when you're through.
I collected Breyer horses as a child, pretty much anything with horses as a matter of fact. I started reading with the Black Stallion series and haven't stopped yet.

dp said...

Another canopy bed sleeper, eh? That makes me feel better. You will heal at your own rate -- don't let your doctor guilt you out.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Regarding the numbness, I remember that I couldn't feel my thumb for several weeks after my arm surgery, and the surgeon apologized saying he probably damaged the nerve during surgery. However, the feeling did eventually come back.

Regarding the way people laugh, I was once in a restaurant with a bunch of snobby sorority sisters when some greasy guy in the booth next to us ripped -- and I mean TOTALLY, holding nothing back, ripped a fart! At first I tried to be discreet in my laughter, but then the tears started trickling down my cheeks. I started laughing harder and harder until I was screaming in laughter. I embarrassed my sorority sisters worse than the farting guy and they wouldn't invite me to go anywhere with them ever again.

Claire MW said...

Wow, your doc is pushing you hard! You go at your own pace - do what feels right, don't try to beat the clock and end up being worse off. I am sure the PT will tell you whether you should push harder or not. Be good to yourself. I loved all your fun facts about yourself - that was a neat tag. Flying terrifies me and I tremble the whole way. My last job I used to travel by air at least 5 to 10 times a month. I couldn't take it any more after a while - every flight I got more and more scared over time. You are very brave! Thinking of you!

Mikey said...

Crazy! We are the same height!! I however, loved to wear high heels, still do. I like to be able to see over everyone, plus the intimidation factor...
I also have my old Holly Hobby doll!!! Recently found her, and an old pic of me with her. I'll have to post that sometime. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one!

Yellow Jacket Ridge Angoras said...

We are so much alike except I wear heels while fencing. Just kidding! I don't think I could ever walk in another pair again!

You will heal at your own pace. Don't push yourself. I think you are doing amazingly well. Please have some compassion for yourself and give yourself some grace. You've been through a lot.

Christy said...

I was forced to collect Madame Alexander dolls as a kid too. I still have about 10 of them because they aren't worth anything anymore. I am also very sarcastic.

Good luck with physical therapy tomorrow. I would maybe see another doctor to figure out what is going on with your foot. It doesn't sound right.

The Good Life in Virginia said...

hang in there lisa...know there are many e-friends wishing you a speedy recovery.
as i previously said i am a horrible patient and will not do anything above and beyond basic care if i can survive...lol.
take care and hugs

Gail said...

You will be Back In The Saddle before you know it!
It will hurt like heck but you can do this!!! Nothing worth having is ever easy...forget who said that but I agree.
You can't see us, but we are there.

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

Hey Lisa....got your comment about your knee and read the same here...so sorry girl! Did he cut your knee open or use endoscopy/laser?
Your having all kinds of problems that Norm didnt have...but that doesnt mean much..everyone heals differently, and your surgery may have been performed differently. I dont like how you doctor cannot give you some answers to some very important questions you had for him! That concerns me.
Norm said his leg felt heavy and tingly too, but that stopped AFTER he quit the percocets. The other thing that concerns me is the use of the continual passive motion machine. My mom had that about 2 weeks after knee replacment surgery. Norm was told to be up and trying to walk after 4 days...never told to use that machine.....thats why I wondered HOW he performed the surgery. BUT Norm had his doctor apt today and he was amaized at how well he was doing! PT said he was way ahead in his recovery than they usually see, so see.....dont be too hard on your self. He has a lot of muscle due to the continual hard work he does so that may be on his side. His surgery may have been differntly done than yours too. I am concerned for you...the numbness is very worrying. Think you need to get a second opinion?
Do what your gut tells you! If you need the pain pills, then tell hubby be had better pick them up!!!! Take it easy if you need too! Dont be scared of PT...norm said his first visit was just taking measurements...and put the game ready on his knee...it circulates ice cold water and gives some pressure like taking your blood pressure....his second and third visits were just showing him exercises, and seeing how much he can do...they took it really easy so far....not to say that your PT people will be like the ones here, everywhere has different practices.
We are praying for you! Norm says he wants to challenge you to a race! LOL dont worry I smacked him good and hard on his knee that he just had his surgery on! LOL Actually i did do that today on accident....my bad! Take it easy....since you get free flights come see us when your all better!!!! hint hint! :-D
by the way...loved the scraps about you! I LOVED holly hobbie..had a lunch box with her and the doll, who got ruined in a flooded basement..whine...I wonder how they got the name Holly Hobbie???
Had the canopy bed too....YELLOW AND WHITE!!! LOL I hated it with a passion!
Cheer up! Dont get down....and SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS..I have a get well package for you!
Love
Rachel

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

I really liked the percocets, they didn't make me feel sick, I slept a lot which I liked.

If you think about the surgery, it hasn't been that long ago, laying there makes it seem like a long time, I really don't comprehend why the doc makes you feel "slow" of course, everybody has to go at her own pace.

Don't ya get a kick out of *House*? Talk about pain meds...

white_lilly said...

Hi Lisa, glad you are still hanging in there, I can't believe it has been eight days already since your surgery. It is good you are very aware of your body and notice every tingle and numbness you are feeling and can tell the doctor. Everybody is different and they heal and cope with things differently so hang in there and do the best you can and before you know it you will running around. Sorry one other thing I have to say is no pain no gain, unfortunately you have to work that leg through that pain.

It is always nice to read something new about you because you are such a lovely person. I love laughter and a witty humor especially snorting. I also tend to be more hilarious when I'm in a smaller group of close friends.
I feel a bit awkward in church but more at peace in the midst of his beauty.Hope all goes well with your Physio :)

StefRobrts said...

Hang in there, I hope PT isn't as bad as you're expecting. If it hurts you let them know! In fact I prefer to 'cry before it hurts', only makes sense in my book :)

Anonymous said...

Hi - I loved reading your tags! And didn't that take your mind off the pain just a teeny tiny bit? Don't worry, you will get past this. Good luck with the PT appt - I'm sure your therapist will have the right words for you.

And did you have a chance to visit some more critters today? You need one of those dutch doors in the side wall of your guest room so the horses and llamas can look in on you!

Hugs,
Nancy in Atlanta

Leah Fry said...

PT is the pits, but absolutely necessary, so keep at it. I missed your post about bringing the chickens in -- what a great idea! And glad you found some TV on your 'puter.

Hang in there!

Pony Girl said...

I don't get the Carhartt thing, either. I tried them on and they didn't fit me right. I think I'm too petite. Anyway, they look great on other people! I also like a lot of flexibility when I work with my horse. I have to be able to bend. And I tend to get warm, so I layer or wear down vests or fleece.
I love the sarcasm thing, too. I love to give people a bad time. Nothing like a little dry wit!
The black and white Breyer model is gorgeous!

Andrea said...

Girl, I had a purple and white canopy bed! I remember my mom buying the entire bedroom suite at a garage sale. I was the happiest girl ever!! I loved that bed.

And I loved my Carhartt Coat. They are stiff at first but as you wear them they get soft and wonderful. You have to break them in.

And I like bling, but never wear it. I too have my ears pierced and hardly ever wear earings.

Oh, and I have a jean obession. I don't think I have ever paid 8 dollars for jeans. I love exspensive jeans. And I have about 40 pairs of jeans. It's a sickness. When I go shopping that is the first place I look. Some woman obsess about purses or shoes, I love jeans.

And I am sure you will do great at PT tomorrow. I hear it's really bad, but so worth it.

And I love House!! He is so sarcastic I love it. Another wonderful show, is Life. I love it!! Another Sarcastic guy!! You should watch that too!!

Good Luck tomorrow, and I still love your Paunzel Cowgirl pictures!!

Dan and Betty said...

I guess I am a Carhart guy. I have a ranch coat and a vest and I love them both. They really keep me warm. However, what you have sounds great. If it works, that's all that matters.

The physical therapy will hurt. Their job is to take you to your limit and then just a little beyond and that hurts, but it pushes your limit out each time. I've had a knee surgery and shoulder surgery and I was very impressed by my physical therapists in both cases. They usually care and they definitely know what they're doing.

Tough it out and it will be worth it.

Dan

Carolynn Anctil said...

Best of luck with your recovery, Lisa. I'm sorry to hear that you're still in so much pain & discomfort.

Egghead said...

Lisa this sounds horrible. It must be that you have some nerve damage or something...also be careful about the heavy full feeling in your leg. Could it be blood clots? My mother-in-law had knee replacement surgery and ended up with blood clots and the same kind of feelings. Ask your dr. about that possibility. I hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa -

Just got home from PT and done with dinner. Read your post. I so wish I could give you a hug right now.

Tramadol is not strong enough for you. Give it a try if you told Doc you would. It will take 2 days for it to build in your system enough to where it takes effect but you still need a narcotic and the Doc needs to get over himself and understand that you are not an addict - just someone who's in alot of post surgery pain.

There are other pain killers out there - Tramadol is what I am on now and I am firmly in recovery mood. Gosh I just want to stomp in there and give your doc a good what for - on your behalf.

Hey speaking of watching TV shows on the computer....here is another tip for passing time. Sign up for NetFlix - its cheap, if you aren't signed up already. They offer a watch on demand movie selection that pretty nice I must say. So why committed to the couch I watch alot of those movies - some new ones but mostly cool old ones I was happy to watch again. Was a life save.

Girl get them to give your something stronger and combine it with an anti-nausea medication, so it won't mess with your stomach. But you'll still be loopy - but maybe out of pain? Really email me if you got any pain med questions...

Unknown said...

PS wanted to say thanks for the post on my blog - it was very comforting to me.

Ice and advil at home. Maybe a glass of wine too! ;) Hey as long as you're loopy anyway?!

When you start going to PT just remember with very exercise you do you are getting closer to your babies outside.

Paint Girl said...

Hi Lisa, the PT will hurt ALOT and they will push more than you think, but in the long run it will be worth it. I remember when they had me lay on my stomache than bend my knee back towards my butt at my first PT appt. and I thought I was going to die. I had to stretch that ligament. It was the only way to getting back to normal someday. The PT's know what they are doing. Good luck.
The numbness sounds like nerve damage. I had/have nerve damage from having lung surgery 11 yrs ago. It was worse after surgery than got better throughout the years but I do still have it and will live with it forever.
You will be fine! It is a long road.

Grammy said...

Remember believe and you will achieve. That is my new motto this year. As I have learned to brain wash my self to happiness. And you can too. You have to remember they say things to make you try harder. My hubby only got 2 days in the hospital because he believed what they said. He then went to er his first night home. But they use the believe and you will achieve on people now to get them well faster. They had Tessa pushing 50 pound weights in a month and built her up incredibly fast. I am in awe of mind over matter. You can do it. if you believe. I hope one day you will hope on a plain and visit me. Or I would love to make it your way too.

allhorsestuff said...

HI there!
Sorry to be absent...and such. I think you sould tons better and PT will be difficult and make you cry and maybe scream. But it is so worht it. Dr.s huh..well the tardy package is going to have some other health remedies in it ..just have not gotten to the store..day off tomorrow though someone asked me to do something and AAK!
So, please hang in. I love all the insight about you...I too get tagged a social person casue I am bubbly and love people(most times) but i have a great phobia of crouds and have not gone to church for almost a year and a half for the anxiety of being in the crowd overwhelmed me.And I used to stand n front and sing! I think I used to make myself fit in and now, I don't try to anymore. Being 48 kinda makes one less considerate of having to make someone else's list of what's important. I am with God, like you, everyday in His creation and in His word!I hear Him talking all the time, and I heed.
Heal up little cowgirl...so you may get on your Paint soon!
KK

MaskedMan said...

Neural issues can be weird - No advice there.

But as far as your physical therapy, well, IT IS NOT A COMPETITION! OK, other people do this, or that, or some other thing - They're individuals, and so are you. You will recover and heal at YOUR OWN PACE. Do not push harder than necessary, just to keep up with some 'norm;' you can damage yourself badly by pushing too hard. On the other hand, PT *does* often hurt, and the Therapist *will* push you harder than you want to go, and it's gonna hurt. You need to strike a balance between necessary pain, and unnecessary pain. Don't be shy in discussing this with your Physical Therapist.

Good luck!

Grey Horse Matters said...

All interesting scraps about you, it's always nice to learn more about you.
I know it's painful right now but it will get better. I believe the first day of my surgery they started the machine at 25 and progressed pretty fast to 60 etc...I was also up and walking the first day, it was mandatory and I started P.T. the next day. I'm wondering why they haven't started you on P.T. sooner. Maybe because it's a different operation. Hang in there, you'll get through it, and good luck.

Carla said...

Oh my, now maddening to have the doctors say, "well, I don't know why that's feeling that way..."
I hope your PT goes well. Often those folks are the saviors in all this. You'll be up and around in no time.

Linda G. said...

Loved the scraps! And I'm thinking of you and wish you well on your first PT day.
Hugs,
Linda

C-ingspots said...

Hi there Miss Lisa, I think you're doing just fine. It hasn't been long since your surgery. I read your comments and there's a lot of good advice there. I like the ones who say it's not a competition, don't compare yourself to others, set your own pace etc. I too, have gone to PT, but it was for a back injury. Yes, it hurts, but trust them - they do know what they're doing and are usually very compassionate and understanding. They will be of more help to you than those doofy doctors. Insist on pain meds that work for you - different drugs work differently with different people. Find what works for you, and I think loopy is a good thing to feel - much better than pain. Relax, you're doing just fine and will continue to heal and improve - at your own body's pace...not the box your doc wants to put you in. I loved your 10 things - fun to learn more about you. I too feel uneasy in social environments and large crowds. Prefer intimate surroundings with close friends, I go to church occasionally, but listen and live for God always. We seem to have quite a lot in common. Take care of yourself girl!! All of us out here in blogland are with you spirutually and are keeping you in our prayers. Remember...one day at a time. Hugs, Lorie

Meg said...

Here's to you and physical therapy sweetie (cheers!)

Subliminal message: (thepackageiscomingthepackageiscomingthepackageiscoming)

Anonymous said...

i feel your pain.. in terms of geez.. i thought i'd be feeling better by now... and then you get to a point where you realize.. it's gonna take as long as it takes... Great that you're doing PT... heal your body and mind both :)

be well
gp in montana

ezra_pandora said...

Keep looking at the big picture. Work to the day you get to see/groom/ride your beautiful mare :) What is with doctor's these days? Even if they are trying to enspire you, why do they seem to be so mean?? My friend had double feet surgery. They had to break all the bones in her feet (or something scary like that) and reset them with pins. Well when she went to get her pins out, she was in such excruciating pain that they only got one foot and two toes from the other foot done. He was berating her left and right about how ridiculous it was that she was crying and that none of his other patients act like that and how she should just deal with it and shouldn't need more pain meds. We were like????? Sheesh. Jerks. I hope you have some better luck. Maybe when you go to PT things will start progressing faster :)

Rural Writer said...

Lisa, so sorry you're still in so much pain. Don't let the surgeon browbeat you... if the Tramadol doesn't work, and you need stronger pain pills, tell him. doctors can be such ... well, I shouldn't use such unladylike words on your blog. ;-)

enjoyed your scrap of info. I'm not girly-girl either, and also have 2 holes in my ears but rarely remember to wear any earrings. Also a major introvert.

Hang in there... it may seem like it's been forever, but it really hasn't been that long since your surgery.

gtyyup said...

Let me know when you fly in to either Boise ID or Redmond OR...I'll be there to pick you up!! Stay as long as you like ;~)

I sure hope they figure out what the pain issue is...I hate when doctors can't even figure it out...which seems to happen more and more these days :~0

Loved your Scraps...always love to learn more about my blogging friends.

Good luck on the PT...you're still in my prayers~~

DesertHen said...

Lisa,

You just keep hanging in there and keep your chin up. Not every person heals the same, so don't feel bad when the Dr. says you should be farther along, etc...also, everyone has a different pain tolerance...some can work through the pain with gusto and others need to take it slower. You are doing fine and your body will let you know when it is ready to do more. I hope your PT went well today. I'm sure they gave you a workout though as that is what usually happens. We have a good friend that is a PT's and he is one tough cookie...very good at what he does, but will push until tears flow.

I loved my Holly Hobby growing up and I collected Bryer Horses. I still have my doll and horses in storage. I also have MA dolls...they are in storage too. I was addicted to Little House as well. Never missed an episode and read all of the books over and over again.

I feel much closer to God when out in nature as well, as does my husband. I think of myself as very spiritual and I believe in the power of the universe.

((((HUGS))) for you. I'm sure there were a few tears today....dry your eyes and keep moving forward.

Callie said...

Good luck with your therapy. I'm not overly sold on your Doc, though. Love your scraps! I have that crazy Breyer horse collection, thankfullY!

KD said...

Yay ! You finally got your hair washed. Sorry you're still hurting so much, but your gonna pick up speed and kick some therapy butt! Speaking of belly laughs - you had me at "I used to wear wranglers, but find they make my gravity-challenged butt look even flatter than it already is." I feel your pain ! Hang in there cowgirl.....I mean Rapunzel.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

WOW, I think you've come up with some things where we truly differ! I never had, nor did I much like Holly Hobby, but I did have a Madame Alexander baby doll, Dearest, that I wore out.
I like dressing up and wearing jewelry and high heels but I never fix my hair or nails. After I put on my make up I still look like I'm not wearing any.
I can never get jeans to fit and then I wear the ones I do own for years and years until they literally fall apart.
I LOVE yellow and never had a canopy bed.

How are ya doing, girlfriend? Ready for a movie night?

Yellow Jacket Ridge Angoras said...

Did you get my email? ......and....there is another camel baby for sale......also very young...visit kennyscorral.blogspot.com

You need a camel....don't you think!!!

Melanie said...

Lisa-
I love your honesty...you remind me a lot of me in that aspect. You are open and honest, and we all know what you are thinking...always! :)

It definitely sounds like you have some nerve damage going on, and I am surprised that the doctor is not fessing up about that. It is a potential risk with all surgeries, and they are usually better at admitting that (of course I could be totally wrong. I am using my medical background here).

I am glad that you did this Scrapped thing, because I have been Scrapped as well, but have not been able to come up with 10 things about me. Would you mind if I go off of yours? I would say that you are/were the inspiration for my answers.

Now...I don't wear really girly girl things, but I do love them. Due to my past, I don't like to draw attention to myself, but I am trying to break free and be more femimine.

Carthart?? Nasty stuff, isn't it?? Although my hubby and son would have to disagree...lol!!!
I also feel like you when it comes to God. He is everywhere in nature, and that is when I feel close to him as well.

Introvert or extrovert?? I can go either way. It just depends on the company. I am one of those people who lets you know if I don't like you, so maybe I am more introverted around people that I don't like. People I know, or friendly crowds??? Definitely an extrovert!!! (I like to sit back and analyze people first...you know, it's the psychologist/social worker in me...lol!!)

Now about that airplane ticket...lol!!!

Melanie said...

Goodness...I forgot to say good luck with your PT appointment tomorrow!!! And please do not hesitate to get another script of Percocet if the Ultram/Tramadol doesn't work. Like Stephanie said, it works, but it is more for chronic pain, not acute pain.

Louise said...

Love your Sandia Mountains photo. I'm an introvert, too, and that whole part could describe me as well as the part about laughing. Why bother, indeed!