Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Wordless Wednesday~ CHiPS

 

(Turn up your volume)IMG_9252

IMG_9254

(Note: If you grew up after the late 70's-early 80's, you’ve probably never heard of CHiPs or Erik Estrada, but if you do remember good ‘ol ‘Ponch’, and you're familiar with New Mexico's unique history with outer space and UFOs, then you are enjoying this humorous billboard just as much as I am.  For those who don’t remember, CHiPs aired on NBC from September 15, 1977 to June 17, 1983.  CHiPs followed the lives of two motorcycle police officers of the California Highway Patrol. The series ran for 139 episodes over six seasons.)

(Note: This billboard is about 8 miles from from my home and I pass it when driving into Albuquerque.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you have chickens, don’t forget to visit Life on a Southern Farm and enter to win a FREE Nestbox, handmade by Farm Man himself. Help support a Georgia Farmer and his kind and hardworking wife, Pam. And in the process get the chance to win a quality-made, sturdy nestbox for your chicken-coop!

HenPals 

Deadline to enter is Saturday August 1st, 2009!





From the Tower of,

15 comments :

Dan and Betty said...

I grew up long before Erik Estrada and I never watched CHIPS.

I'm glad he's helping out with a big problem.

Dan

Anonymous said...

I do remember Chips! (has it been that long ago??) The billboard is very funny.

Thanks for the mention and link to the giveaway.
Have a great day.
Pam

Melanie said...

I always had the biggest crush on him; however I was only about six, so I don't remember what UFO's have to do with Eric Estrada. Or am I having a blonde moment, and not realizing that the UFO's have to do with NM and not CHIPS?? LOL!!!

Or maybe it is because it is 104 degrees outside at my house right now, and 97 inside (Get it, my brain is frying??? LOL!!). Most people in Western WA don't have AC, because it NEVER gets this hot. It's humid too, and I feel like I am melting.

Time to run back out to the pool! :)

The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...

oh my.. I do believe that was a flash back.. in time :)

jane augenstein said...

Funny sign, yes, I remember Chips, we watched it all the time!
~Jane and Gilly~

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

Never saw an episode of Chips, didn't think I'd care for it.

white_lilly said...

I remember Chips, it was a great show. I loved the action... especially when they rode their motor cycles.....memories :)
xoxoxoxo

lisa said...

Boy, do I remember chips at that time I loved Erik. My mom would always watch chips!! take care

Lisa said...

I do remember CHiPs and surely remember cutie Erik!! I love the billboard, how clever of someone to come up with that.

Carla said...

I had a mad, mad crush on him!!

Unknown said...

Very funny!
I remember Chips. Didn't live in CA at the time. I do now and see CHP all the time. Lots of aliens too, but the nice kind that come to take care of their Grandbabies.
Cara

Jocelyn said...

Oh I remember CHIPS for sure!

We used to play CHIPS on out 10 speeds !

Jocelyn said...

Oh I remember CHIPS for sure!

We used to play CHIPS on out 10 speeds !

DesertHen said...

I remember CHIPS! My brother-in-law was a Calfornia Hwy. Patrol Officer at the same time the show was popular. It was pretty cool to have my very own CHIP!

Thanks for jogging those memories!

And what a cool giveaway too.....=)

gtyyup said...

Oh yes...I remember that show...my how time flies. It doesn't seem that long ago! Pretty cool billboard!