Monday, December 14, 2009

Macro Monday ~ Chickens

 

I never thought that trying to macro a bunch of my chickens could be so much fun. Check out my photos and see what I mean.

My buff-laced Polish hen, Phyllis Diller.

IMG_5565 

Brownie the Brown Leghorn

IMG_5641

Suzie a Silver-laced Wyandotte

IMG_5635

One of our unnamed Polish/Ameracauna Chicks.

IMG_5663

Rita our Rhode Island Red hen

IMG_5761 

IMG_5759

One of our Welsumer hens, Hershey, and behind her a Cuckoo Marans hen named Checkers.

IMG_5721

 

Our Ameracauna hen, Angelina Ballerina.

IMG_5666



Betty, one of our Barred Rock hens. Shhhhh!

IMG_5652



 

Well, bad on you. You woke the poor girl up! Now you’re in trouble!

IMG_5655



I told ya, you were in trouble!

IMG_5644



That was our Speckled Sussex and she’s always trying to get me to pick her up.

See, she’s really quite friendly.

IMG_5643


For close-ups from around the world, check out Macro Monday!



27 comments :

Desert Rose said...

Hay Lisa...I'm not so sure MACRO is the best way to show off your lovely hens! LOL A few of them look pretty scary up close! I can hear them now all saying "Mr. DeMill...I am ready for my close up!"

cdncowgirl said...

Ahhh... Checkers is a cutie!! And Betty sure gave an "evil eye" look when she got woken up! lol

cdncowgirl said...

re your comment on my Wordless Wednesday post:
That's actually not snow!! Its hoar frost. I love how light and fluffy it looks. We really have hardly any snow right now, just a little skiff. Hubby and I were watching TV and talking about how we wish there was at least a little snow to go along with this cold when my phone beeped and there was your comment about your gentle snowfall. Not fair!! lol

Oh, and I liked my 2nd pic best too. Thinking of getting it dry mounted. Thanks for the nice comments :)

Ed said...

LOL!!!! The unnamed polish looks like Beeker from the Muppet Show!!
Great shots, you are a brave one to get those fantastic shots..:-))

Gail said...

My favorite is the wake up shot! I look that mean sometimes.

colleen said...

Those pics are just the best. Phyllis just cracks me up everytime you post a pic of her. As for the unnamed chick, for some reason it reminds me of a character in a book I just read, they were part bird and part human, called Raven Mockers. It's the look on it's face that does it for me. Too cute.

Holly said...

I LOVE them! They are hysterical! Such personalities.

Carla said...

Isn't it funny how chickens all look angry when photographed up close?
They are so related to dinosaurs.

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

Like you, I just adore my chickens and they are so photo worthy.

lisa said...

Lisa, I think you have gone a little chicken, I love Rita though!

Janice said...

Excellent post. I love the Phyllis Diller shot too cute. Hey what happened to Sid? Wouldn't he pose.

Mom L said...

AMazing Macros!!! What a beautiful crew you have.

KD said...

Betty can sure give "the eye".

Callie said...

Phillis Diller, HA! That couldn't have been a better name! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Love Phyllis Diller!! I've already told Chuck if we get some hens I want one like her. :) I'd like a fella like Sid as well. Great job on the close-ups. LOL

Dan and Betty said...

Ugly -- but you gotta love ugly in a chicken. Right?

Dan

The Equestrian Vagabond said...

Geez - I'll never look at chickens the same way again. These are beautiful!
- The Equestrian Vagabond

Train Wreck said...

lol Your chicks are great. Love the up close and personal one;)

Train Wreck said...

lol Your chicks are great. Love the up close and personal one;)

Horses Are Our Lives said...

LOL, Phylis Diller made me laugh! What eyes on all the chickens!

Anonymous said...

haha im definitely with Desert Rose :)
hahaha i cracked up over your post, your chicks are so funny and cute

Michelle said...

I get excited every time I see a chicken post from you - and you never disappoint me! Love the shots, and Phyllis is a real hottie, isn't she? Whew! That hair!

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

Love the close-ups! They're so expressive. Chickens are great.

CTG Ponies said...

Great photos! I love the creative names you've given them all.

allhorsestuff said...

WHOA chicken up close...with your "Creepy" song playing..that's what I'm talkin' about!
Kac
Actully love the sleepy eyed pic...then he woke up!
HA!

flowerweaver said...

What a great collection of macro chicken shots! I love the dirt on Brownie's beak, she's been having fun. I detect a strong resemblance of your unnamed Polish with Sid V...what a neat looking hybrid!

The Wades said...

I loved that blurry-beak shot!

Never knew that air compressor existed.