Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wordless Wednesday ~ Bonding and Visiting

 

IMG_8751

IMG_8752

 

IMG_8748

 

IMG_8749

 

 

IMG_8769

 

IMG_8771

 

IMG_8754

 

IMG_8763

 

(Note: None of these photos are recent. They’re just a reminder of warmer, sunnier days. Today it is raining, hailing and snowing again)

22 comments :

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Here is to warmer days ahead! We are getting a storm here today too

Shirley said...

Hate to tell you this, but we have a lovely day going on here! I do so hope this is the last storm for you. Time to get on with spring!
These are such happy peaceful photos, I hope you are back out with your beloved animals soon.

Alison said...

Aw, now I want to come hang out with your horse, too! Whose the foal Jenna's sharing secrets with?

StefRobrts said...

Hang in there, I promise the thaw is coming! I didn't realize you got so much snow, sometimes in the winter we feel like the rain and drizzly grey days will never go away, and then we get a beautiful sunny blue-sky day and appreciate it all the more!

Dan and Betty said...

Great pictures. We've had a little sleet and snow flurries on our side of the mountain.

Dan

Mama H said...

How sweet. Some days I just like hanging out with my horse too. Sorry about all the yucky weather. Hopefully it will pass soon!

Anonymous said...

We all need reminders of warm, sunny, happy days to come.
Now I want to add more animals to the farm!

cdncowgirl said...

I woke up to winter today too :(
About an inch of snow and COLD.

Beth said...

Beautiful. That is one of the best things about photos, we can remember better times. :)

Deb said...

sweet photos...

Leah Fry said...

I was going to say something about sending some of that sunny stuff our way, but you are in the same boat (ha!) as we are. I commute 43 miles each way to work. Mr. Fry called on the way home and said there was hale and rain that I was driving right into. I made it to within a mile of our place before the heavens exploded. I had good clothes on and had left the umbrella at work. That nice man suited up, trudged through the deluge to the top of the driveway, opened and closed the gate so I did not have to get out of my truck. Is that a nice man, or what?

A few more weeks and we'll both probably be sweltering.

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

we actually had some sun this afternoon, stop by my blog for the "thrilling" photo's

Far Side of Fifty said...

We had a wonderful warm day..40 degrees!! It was so nice! I am sorry you got crappy weather..that little gal of yours needs some boots..although I am partial to crocs too:)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

She has boots, just chose not to wear them that day. I didn't either. It was a gorgeous day to just sit out in the sun and pet horses every so often. Actually we've not taken our boots off most of this winter. I'm sick of wearing boots and mucking through mud, ice and snow. I know my kidlets are, too. It was nice to enjoy a day boot free.

~Lisa

City girl turned Country Girl said...

Yep sunny days are on their way!! You'll get it back soon, I hope :)

Anonymous said...

the processing on the 2nd photo is awesome lisa, one of my fav's

jane augenstein said...

Beautiful pictures of your husband and Jenna with the horses. Apache looks so happy and relaxed, she is glad she has a new family to make over her!
How is the knee coming along? Hope you are healing fast so you can ride soon!!!
I haven't posted anything in the last few days, hooking a new horse rug. Will post about it soon. Yesterday was soooooo nice, I should have ridden but didn't. Now it's supposed to rain again, ugh!!!
Heal up soon so you can RIDE!!!!!
hugs....
Jane and Gilly

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Jenna seems to be much more horse oriented this go round with Apache.

She is growing up fast.

Tammy Vasa said...

I love Jenna's interest in Apache. It reallys shows on her face.

Are you warming up yet? We are in the 60's today and OMG, SUNSHINE! I am doing the happy dance!

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

I love that picture of Jenna (is she your daughter?) looking at the weanling through the fence and she has her head tilted and the baby is looking back at her very interested. Beautiful pic.

The Equestrian Vagabond said...

Just visiting often makes a good day. In fact I did that today cuz it was too dang cold and blustery to ride (i.e. I was a wimp). The horses love the Visiting Days too.
- The Equestrian Vagabond

allhorsestuff said...

Those are such nice shots and reminders of what is looming in the horizon...summer and horses and times with your family outside!
Kac