Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sheep Update

The gal and her husband who bought my beautiful hand-raised sheep, and gave them a great home, sent me an e-mail update that I want to share with you all. It made laugh and made me so happy, because she is obviously entertained and enthralled by my sheep and I’m so glad Svetlana and Blanca went to such a wonderful new home.

IMG_0933

Here ya go:

“I have to tell you a funny story!  I bought a llama that looks like your white one with the brown rear.  He has never been around sheep.  I unloaded him from the trailer and Blanca thought it was her long lost friend (Catlinite). She was SOOOO happy, she and Svetlana chased the poor guy ALL around the pen!  She wouldn't give up!  He was so freaked out but she stayed by his side until this morning, and the two of them were drinking water together!  Love always conquers all!  I love them both but I gotta tell ya, Blanca has my heart completely!  She is amazing!  She lays by the horse pens where I have 4 mares and a stud horse(breeding time).  The mares were freaked out by the sheep at first but Blanca lays as close as she can get to the pens and the mares all groom her!  She is quite the character!  Watching the two of them chase that llama would have won me some money on America’s Funniest Home Videos though!  Thank you for them.  They bring me great joy and I love them both!
~Jo Beth”

Isn’t that the cutest story?

And here’s a photo of Catlinite, my white llama with the brown tushie. haha! This was taken the first time that Apache met the llamas close-up, back in March.

IMG_8725



20 comments :

Jocelyn said...

what a cute story!

Poor Llama... I can't wait to have my own LLamas someday!

So glad to hear of your adventures with your mare! I knew you would be back in the saddle!

Leah Fry said...

So glad to hear the ba-ba's are in a good home where they are appreciated.

It's also great to hear you excited about working with Apache. Sounds like you have found THE one.

Unknown said...

What great news! I'm glad they have a good home - and clearly they are making the place their own!

Unknown said...

That is so cute!

Desert Rose said...

Aren't you sooo happy that they have a loving home!!!! Story is really heart warming too!

Gail said...

It is always a relief to know a decision was a good one. Sounds like they are settled in wonderfully.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Catlinite and Apache almost have the same coloring. It is funny how animals are afraid of any new animals for a while. I remember bringing home each of my dogs when they were puppies, and they always looked for a dark corner to crawl into, but within a day or so they were feeling right at home. I remember Gabbrielle standing her ground shyly in the back pen while Bombay bared his teeth at her over the fence. Now she chases him all over the place at feeding time.

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

So funny!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh! How wonderful! Even better that you got an update! I'm hoping for updates on my goaties, especially after they kid! I miss the 3 that have moved to their new homes and the 3 that are moving to their new homes this week. And they're still here!

Anonymous said...

Oh! How wonderful! Even better that you got an update! I'm hoping for updates on my goaties, especially after they kid! I miss the 3 that have moved to their new homes and the 3 that are moving to their new homes this week. And they're still here!

Maery Rose said...

How nice of her to drop you a note. It's always nice to know that your animals are in a good place with someone who enjoys and cares for them.

Reddunappy said...

It is so nice to know that they went to a good home! I wish I knew what happened to the pony we sold and if she is doing good.

Shirley said...

That's funny! Glad you found a good home for them, and that the new owners kept in touch.

Dan and Betty said...

I didn't realize sheep could be so persistent.

Great post.

Dan

Ed said...

Too cute, I'm glad they have a fun new home..:-)

Thistle Cove Farm said...

It's so wonderful when a giveaway has such happy results; makes me happy, knowing the sheep have good homes!

Judy Johnson said...

I can just picture those sheep chasing that poor llama!! It sounds like Blanca and Svetlana went to a good home! Thanks for sharing the email!

Janet said...

My horse Finn's best friend is a pet ram and they are devoted to each other. They groom each another and stand on guard when the other is having a sleep.

Janet xx

Beth said...

LOL that is such a cute story. I would have loved to know that that llama was thinking. Probably worried that some weird science experiment was making making llama's necks and legs short.

Christy said...

I haven't heard anything about my sheep. I hope they are happy in their new home. I didn't realize you had sold your sheep too. Who do you have still living there?