This week’s Sunday Stills Challenge is to share recent photos of our special canine companions.
(Don’t mind the intensely barren backgrounds in my photos. We haven’t had a drop of rain since last August. Yes, that’s no rain at all for past 8 months. Everything is super dry, dusty and dead. Can someone send us some of your rain, please?)
We have two canine companions.
Zuni is a 3 year old female German Shepherd that my husband bought when she was just a puppy.
And Dobbie is a 3 year old female Chihuahua/Daschund mix (Chiweenie) that I adopted from a local animal shelter a year and half ago.
Zuni is my husband’s dog and she spends her days outside up at the barn watching over our llamas and goats. We bring her in the house at night to sleep. Zuni is very sweet and affectionate, but also very hyper, and has a very short attention span. She is also super smart when she is focused. Ranchman John does obedience training to give Zuni something to focus on. And Dobbie is pretty good at keeping her in line, too.
Dobbie is my doggie soul mate. We are very close and we go everywhere together. She rarely ever leaves my side. One of the aspects I love about her is how content she is to do whatever it is I am doing, whether that is feeding the chickens, horse, llamas and goats, scooping poop, running errands, hiking, camping, going for a road trip, or just cuddling on the sofa or bed.
Dobbie’s always up for an adventure and some fun.
Dobbie may be small, but she’s also a tough and rugged mighty dog and she can keep up with the best of them,
and she can also run like the wind….and look freaky doing it. lol!
Dobbie and Zuni are not only our canine companions but they are each other’s, too.
What would life be like without our canine companions?
33 comments :
Looks like they have a great time playing together. Great pics as always.
aww dobbie girl never fails to bring a smile to my face :)
lovely photos & stories lisa x
Fantastic photos! It seems like only yesterday that you adopted Dobbie.
I love how they play together, and Zuni appears to be gentle with Dobie. Great shots. :)
My parents raised shephers when I was a youngster. Our female's litter were the first dogs on the Houston K-9 corp back in the 50's!!
What a lot of wonderful photos! A great job of capturing the happiness of your dogs. Love Dobbie's toothy grin!
How I wish I could share some of our moisture with you. It is still a mix of snow and melt water, but it is so soggy the milk truck sank into the barn driveway yesterday. Heartbreaking that you don't have any. Sorry....
Lisa, I have 3 dogs and I can NEVER even get a photo of them! They're always on the move!
Lisa they are adorable...such sweet pals...
Nice pics and story. The story behind the German Shepard in my pics is that she had just been spayed the day before her photo shoot, so she was a bit "out of it", sweet as can be. I walked her the following week, and she was suddenly hyper, jumping up and trying to bite my face. The Sheriff's office ended up adopting her and putting her into their canine officer program.
I love this series of dog shots because of the contrast between the dogs, but their mutual love for each other. Really beautiful.
I was so excited when he said we were doing canine companions for Sunday Stills because I absolutely LOVE your German Shepherd. It's the breed I grew up with and I will always have a special place in my heart for them. Zuni is absolutely gorgeous. I'm a new follower so I wasn't aware of Dobbie I don't think, but she is totally adorable too. :)
Dogs are the best. I couldn't bear life without them. What fast friends they are, isn't it wonderful to see such different dogs play and get along?
They look like they are happy together! Reminds me of my daughter's dogs. She has a black lab and a puggle. They are best friends on the farm!
Nothing like dog love!
Jennie
When I was a kid growing up there was a cartoon called "Mutt and Jeff." They are a perfect Mutt and Jeff.
Great pictures.
Dan
I love your Dobbie - the little guys are always so much fun to watch when they boss the big guys around!
Our canine companions bring such joy to our lives! I love these shots of Zuni and Dobbie!
Happy first day of spring to you! I hope you get some of that much needed rain soon!
What a fabulous pair. I love the speedy doxie photo as it makes me remember just how fast those short legs really can go! All lovely and fun!
Awesome! I love pictures of dogs playing! Looks like Zuni is so good to play easy with Dobby so she doesn't get squished! :D
wow look how dry.. gosh I sure hope you get some sort of moisture before fire season.
Love the pictures of your pooches at play!
I love the "over and under" photos. What a pair!
Man -- I was surprised to wake up yesterday and this morning to discover it HADN'T rained.
Hope you get some rain soon.
Great shots, they are a pair. I don;t know what I would do without my greetings from Maggie when I visit mom..:-)
Lovely dogs both of them! and such great firends to each other as well!
I love when Dobbie shows the teeth!!! So cute! It's so nice to have a companion that is your shadow no matter where you go...a blessing for sure~
Great Photos Lisa..both of your dogs are special:)
Isn't the saying that says "the bigger they are the harder they fall ;-) Great Pictures!
We do love our animal companions. Two of mine are on the couch with me right now.
My daughter has a Chaweenie as well....they do think they r much bigger than they r! Our canines do become part of our family! I think 2 r better together! Buddies...my daughter just adopted a Jack Russell rat terrier mix and he is hyper! They wrestle and play all the time......also great for socializing with Ollie, r Aussie mix. We hope to do agility classes soon with them!
Those two are quite the pair! Great pictures. You captured their camaraderie very well.
I can't imagine life without my dogs. You know what they say: "A house is not a home without a dog."
Dobbie might be a small dog, but she has a huge personality, and you did a great job of showing it.
Dobbie has the prettiest eyes. Dobbie and Zuni are so cute together!
Such great pictures! You can see the love in those dogs eyes. lol
Looks like they are great buddies!
Love these pics, Lisa.
They sure look like they are each other's best buddies!
Post a Comment