Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Riding San Lorenzo Canyon

 

I just returned from a fabulous Cowgirl weekend and am still sorting through all the amazing photos that my friends and I took on Saturday and Sunday.

(Seven of us posing on a ledge beside a great rock monolith nicknamed the “Wall of Warmth”. Two of our cowgirl friends were down below taking the photos.)

IMG_9954

So for now, I’ll just share a few special photos and will create a post later this week.

These photos are all from San Lorenzo Canyon, which is BLM Land located in the south central part of New Mexico, not far from Socorro, NM.

I have ridden someone else’s horse and hiked in San Lorenzo many times. But it was on my Bucket List to ride my own horse here. And Apache was a rock star all day. I was so proud of her!

IMG_9962

There were 10 of us ladies riding together and some friendly hikers offered to take a group photo of all of us in the main canyon.

IMG_9712

A view from between my mare’s ear’s of Neptune Canyon, a side canyon located not far from the main canyon.

IMG_9914

Riding through the main canyon….

SF10

My friend Latana and her lovely mule Lilly drove up from Las Cruces to ride with us, too.

IMG_9796

 

My dear friend Kendra was there, too. Her Bailey Boy and my Apache Mare are BFFs.

IMG_9739 

San Lorenzo Canyon is only an hour and half from my house, so I’m sure I will ride there again, but we took enough photos to last a lifetime! Well, in a place so gorgeous and stunning, there are photo opportunities everywhere!!

SF21



3 comments :

The Dancing Donkey said...

You sure do get around! Thanks for sharing all your photos, it is nice to see a different part of the world.

WishIHadAHorsey said...

Beautiful! The pictures of Apache are amazing (and you are adorable as well!). :)

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Incredible rock formations. The background for my computer is of rock formations in Utah.