Several of my friends asked me to lead a ride at the Gutierrez Canyon/ John A. Milne Open Space on a beautiful, sunny day. This area is one of my favorite local rides as I have hiked and ridden here for over 8 years, and I've seen the trail system grow and change exponentially during this time.
And of course, I am in love with the expansive vistas from many of the trails.
And of course, I am in love with the expansive vistas from many of the trails.
The trails are varied and interesting, too. Not just flat, boring dirt paths. Lots of hills and narrow trails with some drop-offs.
We may have guided the ride but we weren't out in front leading because several of the horses in our group were very forward, fast walkers, like this Thoroughbred in front of us.
But Apache and I weren't last, either. My friend Yvonne and her mare Etta Bay are similar in energy, speed and pace as Apache and I.
Apache loves the views as much as I do!
I am always so thankful to have the opportunities to enjoy such beautiful trails and vistas like these!
Views towards the west....
Views towards the east....
And lots of trees, too.
Always interesting trails.
My friend Yvonne, loving life!
Ginny playing peek-a-boo over her Friesian/Andalusian mare.
Yvonne, glamming it up during our trail lunch.
Apache, my One-Eyed Wonder Horse, enjoying a rest during lunch.
Gin, giving her Arab mare a few treats.
The two Thoroughbreds, with Linda and Gayle.
Back in the saddle after lunch.
Always enjoying these ruggedly beautiful trails.
Pretty views peeking out through the trees.
After the ride, and untacking our horses, we all gathered together beside my trailer for conversation.
Linda and Gayle decided to walk over to a local brewery near the trailhead and try some of their brews. They said it was delicious. Sounds like we'll be going there next time we ride at Gutierrez Canyon.
No comments :
Post a Comment