Saturday, February 14, 2009

Silent Sunday~Ghost Horse


A snowy curtain
unveiling a mystery ghost horse
Am I dreaming?







Poem written by me, about our snow storm last week.


From the Tower of,

21 comments :

Gail said...

Snowy pics and clever words!

Jocelyn said...

love it !
Your trailer looks like mine!

Anonymous said...

Baby Doll makes a beautiful snowy ghost horse!
Nancy

ezra_pandora said...

Very nice :) I don't get it. If I had taken pictures like that, I'd automatically discount them as being messed up or imperfect and I'd probably never look at them again. But you post them with a few well put together and meaningful workds, and they look so cool.

Christy said...

Cool pictures! You make a snow storm look good.

Celeste said...

I bet she was glad to get into the barn :) Great pictures.

Dan and Betty said...

Great pictures. Also, great article in Sunday's Journal - "You Have Mail." You and the kids were featured quite a bit and it was all good.

Well done.

Dan

Pony Girl said...

Oh wow, more snow?! I'm actually a bit jealous! :) I'd like to get one more round before spring is officially here.
I hope you had a great weekend!

allhorsestuff said...

Snowy reverberations!
Nice poem.

I thought of you yesterday as I was having a groom session in our outdoor stall. Wa is okay with it, as long as she can eat. Grooming is not her thing so much.
She seemed to want a drink -o-water so I flipped the rope over her back and allowed her to walk away...well....she walked and walked.
I was standing there, making all my "come back and maybe there will be a treat" noises...and she never came.
I walked around the corner to see her standing at the FURTHEST point of the field quietly gazing up at me, me come back? YOU Crazy!
I howled with laughter Lisa...!
I had to go to her!
KK

Melanie said...

Ooooh....I love your little poem/haiku, Lisa!!! And I love your snowy/ghost pony! :)

How are you doing??? I have been so busy this week, and this is the first time I have actually sat down at my computer (which is bad, because I have lots of homework to do)!!!

Guess what?? Katie came down with chicken pox last night!!! As if I have time to deal with THAT...lol!!! At least I was able to get a couple of good rides in before she got them. :)

Bella said...

Heyy, Lisa!

I love how the snow softens the actual picture. It looks soooo cool!

:D

Lydia

Carla said...

Snowy hubby too!

Fantastyk Voyager said...

That camera has some fantastyk zoom!!!

Cute little poem!

Never fear, we will have a few more snowstorms before summer. ;)

My horses are shedding like crazy! After I groom them it looks like snow!!!

Andrea said...

Look at your Baby Doll following Ranchman John around. She knows where the food is, doesn't she?? I bet she can't wait for you to get back out there and spoil her!! :)

I have some back reading to do!! It's been super busy here this weekend. I hope you are feeling alight!!

Dusty Devoe said...

You take the best pictures!

CTG Ponies said...

She's out there somewhere! A nice little vision from your window.

Unknown said...

Nice snow pics - was she an escapee again?

Louise said...

I can never believe what another world the other side of the mountain can be. That is a LOT of snow!

Denise- LessIsMore17 said...

I want a little snow! I love watching and "listening" to it come down- it's always so QUIET, I love that.

Janie said...

I love those misty, ghostly, snowy mornings. Having the horses walk out of the mist toward me always seems wondrous. Thanks for the photos.

The Wades said...

I felt ya, dog! ;) Cool shots.