Howdy Y’all! I hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful holiday weekend. I’ve been back home since Sunday evening. It’s taken me two days to get caught up on sleep and rest and I’ve been busy since I got home, too. I have tons of photos and stories to share from our holiday weekend. We ended up exploring and letterboxing so much, that the only time spent at Val’s cabin was to sleep. hah!
And while I was gone, Ranchman John was busy, too. He took the kids to the huge fireworks display and music concert in Albuquerque, drove down to Los Lunas for the big Polocrosse Tournamant, and stood beside the Moriarty parade route to cheer on our 6 yr old daughter, Jenna as she threw candy and waved from her T-Ball team’s Pink Ponies float!
Here are some photos from those activities, taken by my twinling Jax and Ranchman John with our old Samsung camera.
It rained on July 4th during the parade, but everyone had a great time anyway. This is the Pink Ponies float. Jenna is in the center, third person from the left.
I think Jax and my hubby took some pretty good pictures. What do you think? Jax told me he took all the equine photos with me in mind, saying, “Mom will be so excited to see this horse, or this mule, etc” Yep, Jax I loved all the equines and your photos were terrific! I’m disappointed to have missed the parade, but the photos made me feel like I was right there. *smile*
And Jax even managed to capture a photo of a Laughing Orca, too!
From the Tower of,
19 comments :
Oh, my they are great pictures that your hubby and kids took! Loved the equines too, Jenna must have had such fun throwing candy; she's so cute!!
Can't wait to hear all about your trip to the cabin and see all the pix you took! Hum, my weekend didn't start out very good, check my blog to see! Still got an aching knee from it.
hugs.....
~Jane and Gilly~
Oh, my they are great pictures that your hubby and kids took! Loved the equines too, Jenna must have had such fun throwing candy; she's so cute!!
Can't wait to hear all about your trip to the cabin and see all the pix you took! Hum, my weekend didn't start out very good, check my blog to see! Still got an aching knee from it.
hugs.....
~Jane and Gilly~
Awesome times there! I love the pics and the rain actually looks good to me..been too hot here.
I almost rode a parade but opted out to my great safety it turns out!
Get your self rested up girlie!
Kac
heya lisa.
great captures by the twinling...
how thoughtful of him to think of you and take equine pics :)
i have been through moriarty so many times over the years.
hugs always
It was too hot for horses in our parade - these were great!!! 4th of July is so fun!
Welcome home.
Great pics! Jenna really looks like you on the float.
Horses are my favourite part of a parade, and your little man did a great job taking pics :)
Oh geez, almost forgot: Welcome back!!
It looks like the hubby and kids got along good with out you. I'm glad you got some "me" time with Val. Can't wait to see pics of your holiday!
Well done Jax and John. Great pictures. Jenna looked great.
Welcome home, friend.
Dan
they are better than my pictures for sure!!! Glad you made it back safe and sound!
Now that you know they can survive, maybe there will be some more me time.
Excellent photos! We had a parade in our small town too, but yours looked a lot more interesting.
Ooooh! We have an annual community parade in our town every June. My kids used to throw candy from floats too. When they got older they marched in the middle school and high school bands. The orthodontist always throws toothbrushes to the crowd.
Parade looks like a very good one. Did a great job on the pictures. Watch out Mom looks like you have competition!
Can't wait to hear more about your time at the cabin with Val! Jax did a fabulous job with the photos of the parade, love the mules and horses. It was weird to see rain in your photos, I guess I figured you'd have a hot dusty 4th of July parade, LOL! ;)
Jax did an awesome job with the pictures! The parade looked like a lot of fun, and Jenna looks so cute up on the float! Loved the horses! I haven't been to a parade in years! I should probably go to one again sometime!
Can't wait to see what you did last weekend!
Came over here following a recommendation from Farmer Jen and saw this which brought back many distant memories as I visited Alberquque when I was 6, a long time ago now! By the way I am English.
We have been gone too. Glad to see that your 4th was filled with fun. Is that wet pavement that I see??? In NM???? LOL!!!!
Post a Comment