I finally completed all the knitted hats for the winners of my New Years Eve Blogaversary Give-Away.
I appreciate everyone’s patience and I hope these soft, colorful hats keep their new owner’s heads warm and cozy and bring a smile, too. I like to call this design “Peacock Flock”.
One of the knitted hats is a surprise for someone who is super special and has touched a lot of folks in the blogging community in a very positive way. This terrific person deserves to have a warm cozy noggin, too. I call this design, “Stone Creek”
While my twinlings were at their guitar lessons, Jen and I walked down to the post office and got the packages sent off.
Afterwards we drove down the road and stopped off at one of our favorite burger joints for awesomely delicious green chile cheeseburgers, onion rings and fries. The Legendary Burger Boy Restaurant (click on that link for a terrific review of this restaurant, with photos of their delicious food, too!) is a local joint here in Cedar Crest, owned by a family who prides themselves on quality, freshness and a great connection to the community. Anybody who’s anybody in the East Mountains knows how terrific Burger Boy is, and many people drive from all over the state just to enjoy one of the best green chile cheese burgers in New Mexico.
(I don’t care how tasty Green Chile Bill’s burgers are. I don’t like the way he’s looking at my daughter!)
The restaurant is nestled right below the Sandia Mountains, and is tiny, with only 7 tables centered around a cozy pellet stove in the dining room, along with bar stool seating at the front. We were happily seated right beside the cozy little pellet stove today and enjoyed browsing through a newspaper someone had left behind, while we waited for our food to arrive.
We’ve only eaten our lunch here, but can’t wait for the opportunity to visit for breakfast. (check out that link above to see photos of their amazing pancakes and Paul Bunyan Breakfast. Mmmmm!)
Do you have a favorite restaurant where you like to visit as often as you can to get your “fix”? And what items do you usually choose off of the menu?
28 comments :
Love the hats! You are so talented!
mmm I'm a sucker for a great burger !!!!
My favorite local place is Gabby's It's a bit of Americana meets Old World Italian!
The hats look great and I love a good green chile cheeseburger. We have a couple of places here in Corrales I love. The Corrales Bistro has a great green chile cheeseburger. My other favorite is The Indigo Crow. They have delicious crab cakes.
Dan
beautiful hats Lisa! You are talented:)
We have a favorite burger joint that sells an awesome honey mustard chicken burger. My hubby is always dreaming of Chik-Fil-A, but we don't have those up this far north.
Lisa, I would LOVE to have you make me one of your hats and I'll pay you for it!!!! REALLY!!! Please email me! As for restaurants, we find that my husband cooks better than most restaurants! I do occasionally enjoy Native Foods, which has fresh, organic ingredients (and no meat!)...lots of soy and tofu, but great menu selections!
~~Cheryl Ann~~
Great hats! Lucky recipients!
Wow, your hands have been mighty busy! That's not your yarn, is it? I can't remember if you dyed any of it.
Sorry I haven't been able to stop by much; just enough to keep up and head on out. I liked your Apache whisker shot from the other day, though!
Mmm, that place looks good!
I myself prefer a buffet. I live for buffet. Vegas is not safe from me, lol. But locally I love Golden Corral. Say what you will. I love it.
BUT, have you eaten at Murphy's Mule Barn in Alb? Inside there is a huge mule mural, and the original pencil sketch the artist did is hanging here in my house. It's a charming lil place, very simple down home stick to your ribs cooking. Someday I will go back there.
The peacock hats look so soft! You are so talented!!
I love the hat you knitted me but I really had to strech it, I have a big head.
My favorite place to eat would be Gilligans. They have the BIGGEST burgers and the best and sometime exotic! For $14 you get a HUUUUUGE burger I mean the biggest you have probably ever seen and a whole thing of fries and a drink. Who doesn't love a burger and a beer?
I miss the diners in New Jersey. I always order a BLT and French fries with brown gravy and mozzarella cheese.
Nice pictures of the kids!
Oh, I forgot to say. I wanted to compliment you on your talent! Very beautiful hats.
Yep, great burgers and shakes and where else can you go for an ostrich or buffalo burger locally? I recognize a couple of those guys on that wall of faith. I think the reverent folks get free food there, at least my pastor did.
The hats look nice and warm. The pic of your kids with the Burger boy gave me a giggle; I don't like the way he looks at your daughter either!
The hats look great! and although the burgers might be good I sagree ,the dude has an odd look!
Dang it! I was in the middle of a health crisis and missed the giveaway. Love your handiwork.Is that your wool?
We have 2 places we like. One is Mexican (of course) and Mr. Fry and I always split a quesadilla. They have great margaritas, too.
The other place is a complete dive. It's a seafood place in an old gas station. I always get shrimp and Mr. Fry gets catfish.
Am loving the Tears For Fears on your play list.
Mmmmmm, I'd like to try those green chile burgers!
I do have a favorite restaurant. It's called Lehigh Station, and it's located just off of Exit 43 on the NY State Thruway. That's quite near the Finger Lakes Race Track, where I do my volunteer work on Saturdays, so we often make it a stop after we are done at the track. It doesn't have a website, unfortunately.
They have wonderful, home cookin' style food there. You get plenty of good food for a very reasonable price.
I like their burgers, and their omelettes, but my absolutely favorite thing is their Corned Beef Reuben Sandwich. It's a hot sandwich, piled high with corned beef and sauerkraut, then topped with cheese and thousand island dressing. It's so messy you eat it with a knife and fork. And, they serve it with their wonderful fries, hot out of the frier, never kept warm under a heat lamp.
The funny thing is that there is a McDonald's right across the road and we often sit and watch all of the poor unknowing souls coming off of the Thruway who stop there, instead of taking a chance and getting a really great meal at a local restaurant.
Years ago my husband took me to a local restaurant for breakfast and all the waitresses kept flirting with him. I asked him what was up with that and found out that he had been eating there so often that the staff knew him really well. Our waitress knew what his "usual" was. I tried going there another time with just my son, asked if they had seasoned fries, and the lady pointed out the salt shaker beside me, then rolled her eyes and went back behind the bar to point at me and laugh with the other waitresses. I told my husband what they did, and he said he was sure they weren't being mean, because they are always nice to him. Right. So, at the moment I don't have any favorite restaurants. There just aren't that many choices in our area.
The way that sheriff with a tray of burgers is looking at Jenna reminds me of the old guy next door. All he needs is a little drool coming out the side of his mouth.
Beautiful hats! They look so warm and cozy!
Now I'm hungry! That burger sounds really good, but I would have to hold the bun and probably no onion rings for me either...darn! Since having to go gluten free...I'm finding that eating out is a challenge!
We do have a local Basque place we like to frequent and I enjoy their grilled halibut or a nice, big, juicy steak!
Ohhhh my...green chili cheeseburgers AND gorgeous home made hats! Lucky me, I am so hungry now.
Seriously, do you ever make hats to sell? I really need something warm and am wearing the same old dumb, unstylish hat I have had for, uhhh, 10 years? I have plenty of winter left and NM winters in my near future! Let me know...
those hats look so nice! I wish I could knit like that, I havent tried anything in many many years, maybe I should start again.
Love the hats Lisa, you did a great job on them. I don't knit, crochet, needlepoint, do crewel or make stained glass windows anymore. Believe it or not I just don't have the time. I'm sure the recipients will love them.
Patience?? for what??? you are a darn whiz! I can't believe you have them ALL done already! They are beautiful. I am quite envious!!
I love the little mural/sign and I'm not sure if your kids are happy to be posing or expressing extreme tolerance for accommodating mom. LOL
I wish I had been eligible for your giveaway - I love a good toque and I sure have a need for them here! lol And your toques are GORGEOUS!! Too bad I can't knit lol
I'm a burger girl so anywhere that has a good burger I'll be happy. I like Fuddruckers because I can fix my burger my way. I usually get a bison burger & sweet potato fries :)
Such beautiful hats made with love by YOU!!! Who could ask for more?
Beautiful hats! I love those colors !
I have never had a green chili burger..maybe someday.
We don't go to burger joints very often..there are only a few open in the winter and during the summer they are full of tourists. We can grill a burger better than them anyway:)
Very cool, now I'm hungry, I wonder who the recipient of the stone creek hat could be?? I had mom open a package for me tonight and what a cool suprise!!! I can't wait to get back home to try it on and chack out the other goodies.. Thanks Lisa..:-)))))
"I don't like the way he's looking at my daughter." Too cute.
Hats are gorgeous, my talented friend.
Never eaten there but I want to now.
Post a Comment